PDA

View Full Version : K&N Filters

Rocket
18-04-2006, 01:01 PM
Hi all,
I ordered a set of K&N filters for my 92 GSXR11 a couple of weeks ago.
But this morning I got a phone call from the shop saying there's none in Australia and that they have to be custom mode by K&N in whatever country they make them in and that I'll be waiting two months !!

Surely this can't be right. It made me think that these people may have got the wrong part number or something.
Can anyone recommend someone I can talk to that
a, Know's what they're talking about
b, can supply me with filters without hassle
and
c, won't arse rape me on the price
d, can ship them to me in Perth

Cheers

03gixxerpilot
18-04-2006, 02:00 PM
rocket are you after the one that fits into the standard air box or after pod filters

03gixxerpilot
18-04-2006, 02:00 PM
rocket are you after the one that fits into the standard air box or after pod filters

18-04-2006, 03:18 PM
Did you order single pods, or dual ones. K&N often have a dual pod equivalent, which actually fits better than the singles.

You could also try B&M(? can someone confirm the name) filters, which are cheaper anyway.

18-04-2006, 03:18 PM
Did you order single pods, or dual ones. K&N often have a dual pod equivalent, which actually fits better than the singles.

You could also try B&M(? can someone confirm the name) filters, which are cheaper anyway.

Rocket
18-04-2006, 03:30 PM
I want the pod filters that fit straight onto the carbies as I have junked the airbox.
I used to have a dual pod set up (one filter for two carbies) on an old 82 GSX11 with GSXR carbies before and this is what I'm after.

I just can't believe that the filters are not available.

Rocket
18-04-2006, 03:30 PM
I want the pod filters that fit straight onto the carbies as I have junked the airbox.
I used to have a dual pod set up (one filter for two carbies) on an old 82 GSX11 with GSXR carbies before and this is what I'm after.

I just can't believe that the filters are not available.

03gixxerpilot
18-04-2006, 03:33 PM
i'll ask the workshop that i get my stuff through, bruce seems to be able to get stuff that is hard to get.

03gixxerpilot
18-04-2006, 03:33 PM
i'll ask the workshop that i get my stuff through, bruce seems to be able to get stuff that is hard to get.

Deano
18-04-2006, 05:18 PM
log onto www.knfilter.com and find the one you need.

Rocket industries are the importer http://www.rocketindustries.com.au/

once you have the part number/s that you want ring rocket and find out the avail. they wont tell you a price but they will tell you the stock holding of the part number that you require. once you find out if rocket have them ring around you favourite auto parts supplier (bursons repco etc) ask them for a price and away you go.

it is that easy

Deano
18-04-2006, 05:18 PM
log onto www.knfilter.com and find the one you need.

Rocket industries are the importer http://www.rocketindustries.com.au/

once you have the part number/s that you want ring rocket and find out the avail. they wont tell you a price but they will tell you the stock holding of the part number that you require. once you find out if rocket have them ring around you favourite auto parts supplier (bursons repco etc) ask them for a price and away you go.

it is that easy

TurboKat
18-04-2006, 07:07 PM
quote:Originally posted by chalk10

It's BMC Chalky, B&M make go fast gear for cars.
F.W.I.W. I put a BMC "race" filter in my TL & noticeably lost some bottom end, probly made more up top but I couldn't feel it.
OEM air filters are generally pretty bloody good.

TurboKat
18-04-2006, 07:07 PM
quote:Originally posted by chalk10

It's BMC Chalky, B&M make go fast gear for cars.
F.W.I.W. I put a BMC "race" filter in my TL & noticeably lost some bottom end, probly made more up top but I couldn't feel it.
OEM air filters are generally pretty bloody good.

Rocket
18-04-2006, 07:20 PM
Thanks Deano, I'm having a look at the site now.
I will print out the size charts and go home and measure up the carbs.
Shit hot.

Rocket
18-04-2006, 07:20 PM
Thanks Deano, I'm having a look at the site now.
I will print out the size charts and go home and measure up the carbs.
Shit hot.

luke4130
19-04-2006, 07:34 PM
Rocket, Check out Bikebandit.com and you'll find the ones your after. I pickied up mine for $152AU landed for the full set(2 filters). Btw, Mine are the K&N dual style podfilters.

luke4130
19-04-2006, 07:34 PM
Rocket, Check out Bikebandit.com and you'll find the ones your after. I pickied up mine for $152AU landed for the full set(2 filters). Btw, Mine are the K&N dual style podfilters.

luke4130
19-04-2006, 07:37 PM
I think they're the RU-2922 (listed differently on bikebandit.com) but shops dont stock them in australia due to more people apparently going for the airbox filter instead...

luke4130
19-04-2006, 07:37 PM
I think they're the RU-2922 (listed differently on bikebandit.com) but shops dont stock them in australia due to more people apparently going for the airbox filter instead...

Rocket
20-04-2006, 07:41 PM
Cheers Luke.
I found the ones I wanted on the K&N site that Deano gave me and surprise surprise, they are the RU-2922's! Snap !!

Anyway, i didn't buy them yet. i've come up with another cunning plan which will cost me a shitload of money and probably never work.
Which of course is a much better way to go....

But if plan 3.0 fails, then plan 3.1 will be back to these filters.

Rocket
20-04-2006, 07:41 PM
Cheers Luke.
I found the ones I wanted on the K&N site that Deano gave me and surprise surprise, they are the RU-2922's! Snap !!

Anyway, i didn't buy them yet. i've come up with another cunning plan which will cost me a shitload of money and probably never work.
Which of course is a much better way to go....

But if plan 3.0 fails, then plan 3.1 will be back to these filters.