PDA

View Full Version : Where are the Vic guys ??

sharky
17-04-2006, 08:12 PM
Hi all, I was just wondering where abouts the ASF blokes from Vic are.
Me and the wife are in Seymour and apart from Ulyseseseses and hardly rideables there aren't many real bikers around.

Iceman
17-04-2006, 09:00 PM
Welcome aboard Sharky, I'm just up the road at Benalla. Nearly everyone one else is from down Melbourne way.

What you rid'n?

Got any pics?

Iceman
17-04-2006, 09:00 PM
Welcome aboard Sharky, I'm just up the road at Benalla. Nearly everyone one else is from down Melbourne way.

What you rid'n?

Got any pics?

sharky
17-04-2006, 09:45 PM
http://www.streetfighters.com.au/forum/upload/402382479153555.jpg
Cheers mate,
I got the t-shirts a while ago and thought t'was about time I signed up.
I am on an old FJ11 at the moment (only been here a year or so)and the wife has a CBR400RR (but wants a fighter).
I have (hopefully) put up a pic of one of my old FJ12's I had in the UK.
I plan to get an old XS1100 frame,drop in an XJR13 lump,monoshock the frame etc.

sharky
17-04-2006, 09:45 PM
http://www.streetfighters.com.au/forum/upload/402382479153555.jpg
Cheers mate,
I got the t-shirts a while ago and thought t'was about time I signed up.
I am on an old FJ11 at the moment (only been here a year or so)and the wife has a CBR400RR (but wants a fighter).
I have (hopefully) put up a pic of one of my old FJ12's I had in the UK.
I plan to get an old XS1100 frame,drop in an XJR13 lump,monoshock the frame etc.

TurboKat
17-04-2006, 09:46 PM
G'day & welcome Sharky, it's like the man of Ice said, most of the Vic's are based in Melbourne, you won't be missing any rides tho' with the weather coldening? a bit lately, most of our bikes are off the road for their winter rebuilds. As the weather warms up a bit, we'll be doing some rides, events, etc. so stay tuned.
Next event is Straightliners - check out the thread - there'll be a few of us heading up for the w/end, you're welcome to join us.

TurboKat
G'day & welcome Sharky, it's like the man of Ice said, most of the Vic's are based in Melbourne, you won't be missing any rides tho' with the weather coldening? a bit lately, most of our bikes are off the road for their winter rebuilds. As the weather warms up a bit, we'll be doing some rides, events, etc. so stay tuned.
Next event is Straightliners - check out the thread - there'll be a few of us heading up for the w/end, you're welcome to join us.

sharky
http://www.streetfighters.com.au/forum/upload/402382479136990.jpg
And this was another I built....[}:)]

sharky
http://www.streetfighters.com.au/forum/upload/402382479136990.jpg
And this was another I built....[}:)]

Iceman
17-04-2006, 10:06 PM
Gotta love the old skool fighters, good job sharky.

Turbokat, you and I are gunna haveta have a chat my friend. I got a snail for the GS, just don't know what the fuck to do with it!

Iceman
17-04-2006, 10:06 PM
Gotta love the old skool fighters, good job sharky.

Turbokat, you and I are gunna haveta have a chat my friend. I got a snail for the GS, just don't know what the fuck to do with it!

TurboKat
17-04-2006, 10:20 PM
Good work Ice, I knew I could count on you. [}:)]
What snail did you end up getting? [?]
"Who the fuck fighters [u]& TURBOs</u> a GS 500?????" [:o)]
Anything you need to know mate, just arks.

TurboKat
17-04-2006, 10:20 PM
Good work Ice, I knew I could count on you. [}:)]
What snail did you end up getting? [?]
"Who the fuck fighters [u]& TURBOs</u> a GS 500?????" [:o)]
Anything you need to know mate, just arks.

BOHEMION
17-04-2006, 10:38 PM
Welcome Sharky! Very interesting old skoolers you got there mate!

A turbo GS500!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! great stuff! Interesting and you may have that Tool award down pat again for next year, Fuggin nutter! haha champ

BOHEMION
17-04-2006, 10:38 PM
Welcome Sharky! Very interesting old skoolers you got there mate!

A turbo GS500!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! great stuff! Interesting and you may have that Tool award down pat again for next year, Fuggin nutter! haha champ

Iceman
17-04-2006, 10:40 PM
It's off a 4 cyl car, got HT18S-B marked on the side. Does this mean anything to you? $71.88 EBAY!

Iceman
17-04-2006, 10:40 PM
It's off a 4 cyl car, got HT18S-B marked on the side. Does this mean anything to you? $71.88 EBAY!

BOHEMION
17-04-2006, 10:44 PM
Dont know much about that model, my guess would be a Desil 4x4???

EDIT: Nah mate its off a rotary! its the hitachi ht18s or something. Came off Cosmo's and 12AT engines The B series was just a change in the manifold...

BOHEMION
17-04-2006, 10:44 PM
Dont know much about that model, my guess would be a Desil 4x4???

EDIT: Nah mate its off a rotary! its the hitachi ht18s or something. Came off Cosmo's and 12AT engines The B series was just a change in the manifold...

BOHEMION
17-04-2006, 10:53 PM
As far as I can read some commodore street machine blokes use em in there V6 or twin turbo V8's because off there strength and quick spool..

BOHEMION
As far as I can read some commodore street machine blokes use em in there V6 or twin turbo V8's because off there strength and quick spool..

Iceman
Is that good or bad?????

Iceman
Is that good or bad?????

TurboKat
17-04-2006, 11:06 PM
What the fuck did I tell you Clint?? [}:)] Was I talking to myself when I said DON'T BUY A TURBO WITHOUT TALKING TO ME FIRST !!!! [V]:( Bloody Kids, never listen, mutter, mumble..
Sorry to break it to you mate, but Boh's right, that's a 12A rotary unit alright, WAY too big for the 5 mate, you might get 2 PSI out of it at 15,000 RPM. [V]
I have the feelers out for a CX 500, XJ 650 or Geep 750 unit, put the Ht18 back on Ebay & save your $$ until something motorcycleturbolike comes up. Be patient Grasshopper.
Bloody Kids, etc......

TurboKat
17-04-2006, 11:06 PM
What the fuck did I tell you Clint?? [}:)] Was I talking to myself when I said DON'T BUY A TURBO WITHOUT TALKING TO ME FIRST !!!! [V]:( Bloody Kids, never listen, mutter, mumble..
Sorry to break it to you mate, but Boh's right, that's a 12A rotary unit alright, WAY too big for the 5 mate, you might get 2 PSI out of it at 15,000 RPM. [V]
I have the feelers out for a CX 500, XJ 650 or Geep 750 unit, put the Ht18 back on Ebay & save your $$ until something motorcycleturbolike comes up. Be patient Grasshopper.
Bloody Kids, etc......

BOHEMION
17-04-2006, 11:08 PM
quote:Originally posted by Iceman

Is that good or bad?????

you'll be spittn Engine internals and manifolds like they was tabacci! lol

10 points on ya enthusiasm though Ice, Cant wait till ya got it sorted. Hey Sharky have you ever done a turbo/supercharged bike?

BOHEMION
17-04-2006, 11:08 PM
quote:Originally posted by Iceman

Is that good or bad?????

you'll be spittn Engine internals and manifolds like they was tabacci! lol

10 points on ya enthusiasm though Ice, Cant wait till ya got it sorted. Hey Sharky have you ever done a turbo/supercharged bike?

Iceman
17-04-2006, 11:29 PM
It was $71 how could I not buy it !!!!!!!!!

Darren, next time you talk to Shano, ask what he's do'n with that yamaha ducktail. I hate to see it waste'n away in his shed when it could be out and about on the rear of my bike.

Sorry for steal'n ya thread Sharky. I'll start my own in the morn'n.

Iceman
17-04-2006, 11:29 PM
It was $71 how could I not buy it !!!!!!!!!

Darren, next time you talk to Shano, ask what he's do'n with that yamaha ducktail. I hate to see it waste'n away in his shed when it could be out and about on the rear of my bike.

Sorry for steal'n ya thread Sharky. I'll start my own in the morn'n.

TurboKat
17-04-2006, 11:56 PM
[quote]Originally posted by Iceman

It was $71 how could I not buy it !!!!!!!!!quote]

That's an expensive doorstop. [:0]

I'll speak to Shano.

TurboKat
17-04-2006, 11:56 PM
[quote]Originally posted by Iceman

It was $71 how could I not buy it !!!!!!!!!quote]

That's an expensive doorstop. [:0]

I'll speak to Shano.

sluglie
18-04-2006, 12:00 AM
welcome sharky, good to see more poms showin the unejukated skips how to do it, i am im melb myself (eastern suburbs, mulgrave to be precise)

and whats this crap about layin the bike up over winter, didnt know i had joined aus pansiefighters, ride the bloody thing all year round, thats what bikes are for (they wont melt, unless you have a honda :D)

sluglie
18-04-2006, 12:00 AM
welcome sharky, good to see more poms showin the unejukated skips how to do it, i am im melb myself (eastern suburbs, mulgrave to be precise)

and whats this crap about layin the bike up over winter, didnt know i had joined aus pansiefighters, ride the bloody thing all year round, thats what bikes are for (they wont melt, unless you have a honda :D)

Zed14
18-04-2006, 05:20 AM
there was a suzuki 660cc turbo on ebay why didnt ya buy that one ice?

Zed14
18-04-2006, 05:20 AM
there was a suzuki 660cc turbo on ebay why didnt ya buy that one ice?

Iceman
18-04-2006, 07:51 AM
I didn't see it!

Iceman
18-04-2006, 07:51 AM
I didn't see it!

God
18-04-2006, 09:36 AM
Hey Sharky,

This is God.

Some of us aren't just fairweather freaks and ride all year round.

I will be running a lunch run to Gippsland in May, a lunch run to Whitfield in June and a weekend away to a very cold place mid-July. I will post more details a little closer to the rides.

God
18-04-2006, 09:36 AM
Hey Sharky,

This is God.

I will be running a lunch run to Gippsland in May, a lunch run to Whitfield in June and a weekend away to a very cold place mid-July. I will post more details a little closer to the rides.

Gix11
18-04-2006, 10:33 AM
Hey Sharky. Good of you to shout out eventually. I've seen your bikes before somewhere but can't remember where. Tell me as it's driving me nuts. Did you send them to me at some point?

Gix11
18-04-2006, 10:33 AM
Hey Sharky. Good of you to shout out eventually. I've seen your bikes before somewhere but can't remember where. Tell me as it's driving me nuts. Did you send them to me at some point?

sharky
18-04-2006, 12:06 PM
Hi Gix, Yeah I sent them straight to you when I was ordering T-shirts....
Its been a bit manic lately....We discovered the joys of living in Oz...BLOODY TERMITES !!!!
The wifes bike is here and legal at last so we can both get out and about.....Now I can get on with the main project ...building my workshop...gotta have somewhere to play wiv the old Yam 11.

sharky
18-04-2006, 12:06 PM
Hi Gix, Yeah I sent them straight to you when I was ordering T-shirts....
Its been a bit manic lately....We discovered the joys of living in Oz...BLOODY TERMITES !!!!
The wifes bike is here and legal at last so we can both get out and about.....Now I can get on with the main project ...building my workshop...gotta have somewhere to play wiv the old Yam 11.

18-04-2006, 12:08 PM
quote:Originally posted by God

Hey Sharky,

This is God.

Yeah, even us Canberrans ride in Winter mate, and it's colder than my ex-wife's heart up here. :(

Don't rain much though, thank feck ;)

PS wild looking p-perch on that savage thing.

18-04-2006, 12:08 PM
quote:Originally posted by God

Hey Sharky,

This is God.

Yeah, even us Canberrans ride in Winter mate, and it's colder than my ex-wife's heart up here. :(

Don't rain much though, thank feck ;)

PS wild looking p-perch on that savage thing.

dinorider
18-04-2006, 01:28 PM
I ride in the southern highlands of NSW in winter and it`s get fucked cold!

dinorider
18-04-2006, 01:28 PM
I ride in the southern highlands of NSW in winter and it`s get fucked cold!

sharky
18-04-2006, 05:17 PM
Hi Chalk10,It was great,...stopped pillions from sliding forward and squashing ya nuts on the tank...

sharky
18-04-2006, 05:17 PM
Hi Chalk10,It was great,...stopped pillions from sliding forward and squashing ya nuts on the tank...

TurboKat
18-04-2006, 07:39 PM
I didn't say Mexicans don't ride in winter, I said we work on our fighters, of course we all have "Winter" bikes. [8D]

TurboKat
18-04-2006, 07:39 PM
I didn't say Mexicans don't ride in winter, I said we work on our fighters, of course we all have "Winter" bikes. [8D]

Foxy
18-04-2006, 08:08 PM
Cept us with "production fighters" lol hahaha

we ride all year round

Ever go on the icicle ride Sharky? Got to -1 in Seymour last year!!!

Foxy
18-04-2006, 08:08 PM

we ride all year round

18-04-2006, 08:41 PM
i think all the Victorians are in Victoria,welcome Sharky;)

18-04-2006, 08:41 PM
i think all the Victorians are in Victoria,welcome Sharky;)

totaldamage
18-04-2006, 09:27 PM
I'm still here

totaldamage
18-04-2006, 09:27 PM
I'm still here

sluglie
18-04-2006, 11:03 PM
quote:Originally posted by Foxy

we ride all year round

ha ha ha, -1 ohhh thats so cold, yeah right (damn wheres the sarcasm emoticon)[:p]

try -19 in novgorod (russia, on the banks of the volga river) if you leave your vehicle out overnight the fuel freezes in the lines. coldest damn ride of my life, plus i was almost bloody sun blind by the time i was done [8D]

sluglie
18-04-2006, 11:03 PM

we ride all year round

ha ha ha, -1 ohhh thats so cold, yeah right (damn wheres the sarcasm emoticon)[:p]

try -19 in novgorod (russia, on the banks of the volga river) if you leave your vehicle out overnight the fuel freezes in the lines. coldest damn ride of my life, plus i was almost bloody sun blind by the time i was done [8D]

sharky
19-04-2006, 07:11 AM
Just to fill you guys in, I only arrived here xmas '04. Since then I have got married, bought a house and 2 dogs. I also set up my own business as a carpenter. I have only recently picked up an old FJ11 to get around on. So far we haven't been anywhere much but by next summer fings will be sorted. Hopefully we will get to events like Bike week, etc.I will be draggin the fj into the new garage (just started building it) for a bit of surgery to keep meself happy until I start on the project bike....Anyone out there got an old XS11 frame ?? Or an R6 tail light/ undertray / seats ??

sharky
19-04-2006, 07:11 AM
Just to fill you guys in, I only arrived here xmas '04. Since then I have got married, bought a house and 2 dogs. I also set up my own business as a carpenter. I have only recently picked up an old FJ11 to get around on. So far we haven't been anywhere much but by next summer fings will be sorted. Hopefully we will get to events like Bike week, etc.I will be draggin the fj into the new garage (just started building it) for a bit of surgery to keep meself happy until I start on the project bike....Anyone out there got an old XS11 frame ?? Or an R6 tail light/ undertray / seats ??

sharky
19-04-2006, 07:14 AM
Oh yeah the other thing..back to the original question...Where abouts (In Victoria Davo [:p]) are you folks ?
How do Aussies survive -1' ?? They complain when it reaches mid teens !!

sharky
19-04-2006, 07:14 AM
Oh yeah the other thing..back to the original question...Where abouts (In Victoria Davo [:p]) are you folks ?
How do Aussies survive -1' ?? They complain when it reaches mid teens !!

Gsxar
19-04-2006, 08:13 AM
All over the state I think Sharky
Melb & suburbs, Gippsland, Benella. Where ever a nice road can be found, under rocks, on park benches ( ooppps sorry park benches researved for Queenslanders :D :D)

Gsxar
19-04-2006, 08:13 AM
All over the state I think Sharky
Melb & suburbs, Gippsland, Benella. Where ever a nice road can be found, under rocks, on park benches ( ooppps sorry park benches researved for Queenslanders :D :D)

Foxy
19-04-2006, 09:19 AM
quote:Originally posted by sluglie

we ride all year round

But I'm willing to bet that you were wearing more than a jumper/jacket and vented gloves [8D] not too many places get below 0 in and around Melbourne.

Foxy
19-04-2006, 09:19 AM

we ride all year round

But I'm willing to bet that you were wearing more than a jumper/jacket and vented gloves [8D] not too many places get below 0 in and around Melbourne.

dinorider
19-04-2006, 10:05 AM
riding on icey roads is an interesting experience,there is only a handful of (dopes)riders who ride in the highlands in winter on a regular basis and you soon get to know em.The local car parts guy rides from Mittagong to Moss Vale all winter on his guzzi with a chair attached.guess the chair stops him coming off but looks so cool sideways on the ice.

dinorider
19-04-2006, 10:05 AM
riding on icey roads is an interesting experience,there is only a handful of (dopes)riders who ride in the highlands in winter on a regular basis and you soon get to know em.The local car parts guy rides from Mittagong to Moss Vale all winter on his guzzi with a chair attached.guess the chair stops him coming off but looks so cool sideways on the ice.

Razorback
19-04-2006, 01:25 PM
Mildura here....

Bandit should be ready just in time for winter $#%^& it!!!

Razorback
19-04-2006, 01:25 PM
Mildura here....

Bandit should be ready just in time for winter $#%^& it!!!

sluglie
19-04-2006, 04:35 PM

we ride all year round

man, i was wearing so many clothes i looked more like the goodyear blimp than my michelin man usual, and i wasnt by choice i can tell you, i had no bloody clue it was gonna get that cold, still only had summer gloves though, i went to the local sheepskin place and bought some thermal sheepskin mittens (strange to ride around in mittens)

sluglie
19-04-2006, 04:35 PM

we ride all year round

man, i was wearing so many clothes i looked more like the goodyear blimp than my michelin man usual, and i wasnt by choice i can tell you, i had no bloody clue it was gonna get that cold, still only had summer gloves though, i went to the local sheepskin place and bought some thermal sheepskin mittens (strange to ride around in mittens)