PDA

View Full Version : Aftermarket swingarm Q's

BOHEMION
06-05-2007, 10:43 PM
Looking at getting a better swingarm for the Duke Frame (same length) and maybe the Z also. Apart from obvious looks what are the benefits of a Lower Braced - Upper Braced or Double Braced swinger?

How do you choose? or do you simply pick the one that LOOKS[8)] better??

Deano
06-05-2007, 10:53 PM
unless your are racing at 11tenths and finding that the swinger is flexing or your putting major chain snapping, swingarm bending hp through it i would say weight and wank factor are the only advantages over a stock swinger. especially if you arn't going any longer or shorter.

Jockney Rebel
06-05-2007, 11:15 PM
what he said ur bikes have probably got fairly decent swingers on em stock i wouldve thot

BOHEMION
06-05-2007, 11:21 PM
Well i'm keeping the bikes rideable (practical). they will have more power (especially whats goin on with the Duke Frame) and the stock swinger is plenty short now(wheelie heaven). Basically the same story for the Z but not as extreme. The swingers on both bikes are farkin bland so it would be a vast improvement.

BOHEMION
06-05-2007, 11:24 PM
quote:Originally posted by frankenbiker

what he said ur bikes have probably got fairly decent swingers on em stock i wouldve thot

The Ducati swinger is shite, just ask Tony[:I]

Jockney Rebel
06-05-2007, 11:28 PM
really i thot the eyeties were pretty bling in the handlin dept

BOHEMION
06-05-2007, 11:30 PM
Nah they got the suspension and frame sorted, cant say much for the rest of the bike though.

Ok cool, basically what i though, no real benefit for a street bike other than looks. Cheers mate

zx12argh
06-05-2007, 11:57 PM
Well just to add to Boh's question. Does chucking a single sider onto a bike affect the handling. Especially when you start add on the HP...

Phill
07-05-2007, 07:42 AM
mine wheelies better now! although it was nearly 3" longer with the original swingarm on.
Dont know if it handles that much better, I cant ride well enough to find out!
Phill