PDA

View Full Version : Streetfightering CBR600F4

AneemA
15-04-2006, 12:37 PM
After lowsiding at QR last weekend I've decided to streetfigher the CBR. Eventually will be getting some wider bars etc, have oggies to go on now but this is where I'm currently at.

Ok well I pulled off all the fairings and have it sitting naked at the moment but need some help figuring out how to tidy it up and make it look the part.

http://dhaines1.gallery.netspace.net.au/Aneema-Streetfighter

There are some pictures of how it is at the moment.

I don't really know where to go from here. At this stage I don't have to worry about a headlight or indicators as its not gonna be getting any road use for another 6 or so months.

So far I was thinking of getting some of that blingy mesh type stuff that some ricer boys but on the body kits of their cars and making a cover for the two air ducts just to stop large things getting in there. Do I need to worry about water getting in? A lot more vulnerable than when it had the ducts leading all the way to beside the headlight

Next thing is that instrument cluser is huge!.. any ideas on what can be done with it? Also the bars that stick up where the front fairing/screen/mirrors all joined on is pretty obvious.

In another picture you can see a hose running from inside the frame forwards, it was connected to something behind the headlight, no idea what they actually are so if anyone can tell me what it is, what it does and what I can do with it that't be great.

The other thing is that round black thing on the front left (right in the pictures) that has a whole heap of plugs and wires in it, obviously cant stay there and catch water and look ratty so can anything be done with that?

Finally any other general ideas comments would be appreciated.

Cheers

Iceman
15-04-2006, 02:39 PM
Loose the Gauges, get yourself a bicycle speedo, (make sure it can read at high speeds as alot of them cut out just after 100 km/h). Make yourself some idiot lights in a nice look'n bracket.

Remove the bar that the fairing mounts to. Get some barend mirrors.

The hose, I have no idea what it is for. Maybe one of the Honda riders could make a suggestion here.

As for the big black thing, see if it's possible to remove the wiring and re-route it under the tank.

Hope this helps. It might pay to have a look at some of the bikes in the Gallery to get some ideas.

Good luck!

Iceman
15-04-2006, 02:39 PM
Loose the Gauges, get yourself a bicycle speedo, (make sure it can read at high speeds as alot of them cut out just after 100 km/h). Make yourself some idiot lights in a nice look'n bracket.

Remove the bar that the fairing mounts to. Get some barend mirrors.

The hose, I have no idea what it is for. Maybe one of the Honda riders could make a suggestion here.

As for the big black thing, see if it's possible to remove the wiring and re-route it under the tank.

Hope this helps. It might pay to have a look at some of the bikes in the Gallery to get some ideas.

Good luck!

sluglie
15-04-2006, 09:43 PM
if your bike has a hiss system fitted, you are gonna have a big problem getting rid of the stco instrument cluster as it is integrated into the system, and honda being total bastards have decided that the bike wont weork without it (as is the keylock, bank angle sensor, ipg and a few other bits)

if it doesnt you are laughing and an alternative to the bike speedo is a vas computer (not cheap especially if you get the alloy case but they are the muts nuts) see http://www.veypor.com/index.html

sluglie
15-04-2006, 09:43 PM
if your bike has a hiss system fitted, you are gonna have a big problem getting rid of the stco instrument cluster as it is integrated into the system, and honda being total bastards have decided that the bike wont weork without it (as is the keylock, bank angle sensor, ipg and a few other bits)

if it doesnt you are laughing and an alternative to the bike speedo is a vas computer (not cheap especially if you get the alloy case but they are the muts nuts) see http://www.veypor.com/index.html

AneemA
15-04-2006, 10:38 PM
Hmm.. its all food for thought, still just throwin ideas around at the moment. Will wait and see what happens

AneemA
15-04-2006, 10:38 PM
Hmm.. its all food for thought, still just throwin ideas around at the moment. Will wait and see what happens

Gix11
16-04-2006, 11:02 AM
Loose the clocks as already said, loose the instrument mounting frame, get some risers and MX bars, cut your wiring to the size of whatever new clocks you get and tuck it under the tank. Job done. Check Kali's and see what it can look like: http://www.streetfighters.com.au/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=598

Gix11
16-04-2006, 11:02 AM
Loose the clocks as already said, loose the instrument mounting frame, get some risers and MX bars, cut your wiring to the size of whatever new clocks you get and tuck it under the tank. Job done. Check Kali's and see what it can look like: http://www.streetfighters.com.au/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=598