PDA

View Full Version : motor swap

arbee
05-04-2006, 08:32 PM
hey guys, will a bandit 1200 motor fit in a gs750? been thinking about it for a while now and a bike just came up on ebay so i put in a bid. hopefully it wont get ridiculus anyway i have the engine the swingarm and shock wheels and front end just need a bike so if ya want it more than me let me know so we dont end up bidding against eachother...cheers....:D

chopaweeza
06-04-2006, 09:12 AM
Yes. I fitted a Slabby motor into a GS1000 frame a while ago using engine mount templates available on Old Skool Suzuki. The GS750 frame is capable of fitting a slabby motor(I tested it) so the Bindit motor should fit.

chopaweeza
06-04-2006, 09:12 AM
Yes. I fitted a Slabby motor into a GS1000 frame a while ago using engine mount templates available on Old Skool Suzuki. The GS750 frame is capable of fitting a slabby motor(I tested it) so the Bindit motor should fit.

arbee
06-04-2006, 06:45 PM
thanks Chopper, would it be ok as is or would it need bracing?

arbee
06-04-2006, 06:45 PM
thanks Chopper, would it be ok as is or would it need bracing?

chopaweeza
06-04-2006, 07:28 PM
Brace it. If you want to be using a 180 rear modifications will be needed anyway. Bracing is a good idea anyway if done correctly. Also, if you are going to mono shock it a redesign to blend & strengthen isn't that complicated. I can thing of about 7 places on a GS750 frame I'd want to brace for a Bindit motor. With the GS1000/Slabby work I braced the under tank rails, the headstock, the rear mainframe under the rear mount , between the rear engine mounts & the front rails. I also braced the area around the swingarm mounts & the shock mounts. That was just me though.

chopaweeza
06-04-2006, 07:28 PM
Brace it. If you want to be using a 180 rear modifications will be needed anyway. Bracing is a good idea anyway if done correctly. Also, if you are going to mono shock it a redesign to blend & strengthen isn't that complicated. I can thing of about 7 places on a GS750 frame I'd want to brace for a Bindit motor. With the GS1000/Slabby work I braced the under tank rails, the headstock, the rear mainframe under the rear mount , between the rear engine mounts & the front rails. I also braced the area around the swingarm mounts & the shock mounts. That was just me though.

arbee
06-04-2006, 08:44 PM
I figured it would have to be done,but this being the first hybryd so to speakof ,that i will undertake better to ask and get advicethen stuff it alltogether...again thanks for the advice much appreciated...Rod.

arbee
06-04-2006, 08:44 PM
I figured it would have to be done,but this being the first hybryd so to speakof ,that i will undertake better to ask and get advicethen stuff it alltogether...again thanks for the advice much appreciated...Rod.