PDA

View Full Version : fuel / gel cell batteries, anyone tried them yet?

crashtest
04-04-2006, 11:13 PM
hi all just wondering if anyone has tried those fuel cell batteries or gel cell ones not sure what they are called but im thinkin of getting one and just wanted to see if anyone has any advice if they work or not or whateva thanks.

cammy9r
07-04-2006, 06:23 PM
i was going to get one for my bike but never bothered as the old one came back to life using an optimate charger (might just be a UK charger).But now the battery is not mounted level as it should be. When it dies i will get a gel cell battery.
My main trade is car audio installations, from small radios to full blown 'whats the point in that' installs.
In these installs I use gel batteries (if the customer wants to pay for it) as they are more efficient for their size, can discharge/recharge faster than a lead acid.
BUT most important for custom installs and maybe fighters is that they can be mounted at any angle, laid flat or even upside down (if you wanted).

cammy9r
07-04-2006, 06:23 PM
i was going to get one for my bike but never bothered as the old one came back to life using an optimate charger (might just be a UK charger).But now the battery is not mounted level as it should be. When it dies i will get a gel cell battery.
My main trade is car audio installations, from small radios to full blown 'whats the point in that' installs.
In these installs I use gel batteries (if the customer wants to pay for it) as they are more efficient for their size, can discharge/recharge faster than a lead acid.
BUT most important for custom installs and maybe fighters is that they can be mounted at any angle, laid flat or even upside down (if you wanted).

fimpBIKES
07-04-2006, 06:29 PM
if your just looking for a battery u can lay down go for the R1 battery

i wouldnt mind one of the gel ones though, anyone have any links to sellers?

fimpBIKES
07-04-2006, 06:29 PM
if your just looking for a battery u can lay down go for the R1 battery

i wouldnt mind one of the gel ones though, anyone have any links to sellers?

luke4130
11-04-2006, 08:20 PM
Try calling BatteryWorld Acacia Ridge (i have to get the number) but Yuasa(Century) makes em'

luke4130
11-04-2006, 08:20 PM
Try calling BatteryWorld Acacia Ridge (i have to get the number) but Yuasa(Century) makes em'

cjburns esq
13-04-2006, 12:33 PM
I put one of those orange gel cells in the Duke and got 2 years out of it and still going strong which is good as the lead acid ones where lasting 12 months. Battery was located over rear cylinder so heat and vibration which kill batteries, plus the reg/rect was rooted and drianed the batteries over 3 or 4 days which also fucks them.
When I replace the battery in the VTR I'm going gel cell again, great units.

cjburns esq
13-04-2006, 12:33 PM
I put one of those orange gel cells in the Duke and got 2 years out of it and still going strong which is good as the lead acid ones where lasting 12 months. Battery was located over rear cylinder so heat and vibration which kill batteries, plus the reg/rect was rooted and drianed the batteries over 3 or 4 days which also fucks them.
When I replace the battery in the VTR I'm going gel cell again, great units.