PDA

View Full Version : Rear mudguard fines.

suxukifreak
30-03-2006, 06:33 PM
Have any of you guys been hassled for cut off rear guards? A couple of my mates have been booked $75 and 1 point :( The cops say there is a blitz on and a mate went for a roadworty and they wouldnt pass his bike untill the rear guard was refitted. [xx(]

Tony Nitrous
30-03-2006, 06:55 PM
Not 100% but its something like.....

"Rear guard must reach a point at 45degree's from spindle
with a ??kilo weight on bike"

Yeah, can be done for it.
But they seem to be useing it more along with checks for race
cans etc to keep some of the boy racers / hoons off places like
Mt G and Mt Nebo where there have been deaths and moaning locals.

Tony Nitrous
30-03-2006, 06:55 PM
Not 100% but its something like.....

"Rear guard must reach a point at 45degree's from spindle
with a ??kilo weight on bike"

Yeah, can be done for it.
But they seem to be useing it more along with checks for race
cans etc to keep some of the boy racers / hoons off places like
Mt G and Mt Nebo where there have been deaths and moaning locals.

03gixxerpilot
30-03-2006, 07:45 PM
yep mate of mine got done for it amongst other things ie non approver turbo on his 929 blade

03gixxerpilot
30-03-2006, 07:45 PM
yep mate of mine got done for it amongst other things ie non approver turbo on his 929 blade

30-03-2006, 08:04 PM
For all you Queerlanders that missed it,i'll say it again...There is a big blitz on at the moment on all common bike roads because of our death toll factor.Anyone who has a slightly modified bike without mod plate will be picked on,especially up my way.Stay off the good roads for a while if ya bike is modified.The cops have been trained as to what to look for.(everytime i ride past 1 they glare at me,but they dont have anywhere to turn around and book me,yet);)

30-03-2006, 08:04 PM
For all you Queerlanders that missed it,i'll say it again...There is a big blitz on at the moment on all common bike roads because of our death toll factor.Anyone who has a slightly modified bike without mod plate will be picked on,especially up my way.Stay off the good roads for a while if ya bike is modified.The cops have been trained as to what to look for.(everytime i ride past 1 they glare at me,but they dont have anywhere to turn around and book me,yet);)

chopaweeza
31-03-2006, 09:48 AM
I got pulled for using a fender eliminator on the Bandit 12 I used to run. Luckily, 2 lovely idiots "Fast & Furious" type cars streetraced straight past us so the nice officer took off after them instead of staying to book me. I bolted on a damaged stock guard the next day and left it on for a while.

chopaweeza
31-03-2006, 09:48 AM
I got pulled for using a fender eliminator on the Bandit 12 I used to run. Luckily, 2 lovely idiots "Fast & Furious" type cars streetraced straight past us so the nice officer took off after them instead of staying to book me. I bolted on a damaged stock guard the next day and left it on for a while.