PDA

View Full Version : Bike Transport, Perth- Sydney

Frankie
29-03-2006, 03:01 PM
Hi Lads,

as you may know from the "Progress of Spondon" subject. I'd like to send the bike from Perth to Sydney an Return. I got quotes from $1.000,- to 1.200,- one way.
Would there be anyone in this Forum, who can help me to find a better deal? Rexie...?
Or point me in the right direction? Your help will be appreciated.

Frankie

ZenDes
29-03-2006, 07:12 PM
..why donīt you ride it?!...
"...these boots are made for workin...lalala..."

;)

ZenDes
29-03-2006, 07:12 PM
..why donīt you ride it?!...
"...these boots are made for workin...lalala..."

;)

Gix11
29-03-2006, 08:16 PM
Ha, your ass would be sore after that one mate, it's 4 hours in a plane isn't it? What will it cost to put it on a train?

Gix11
29-03-2006, 08:16 PM
Ha, your ass would be sore after that one mate, it's 4 hours in a plane isn't it? What will it cost to put it on a train?

Frankie
30-03-2006, 09:56 AM
Yep 4 Hrs. in a Plain or 3990 Km. I' keep looking for some deals......

If I could ride the bike, There would be no need to get it to Sydney! [:o)]

Frankie
30-03-2006, 09:56 AM
Yep 4 Hrs. in a Plain or 3990 Km. I' keep looking for some deals......

If I could ride the bike, There would be no need to get it to Sydney! [:o)]

Zed14
30-03-2006, 02:11 PM
try the train first frankie may be cheaper. if not go to the shell or the bp roadhouses at kewdale they are around the corner from each other on kewdale rd. put a notice on the bords there and put a price you would be happy to pay and you cooul;d get it dropped off any where you like then. someone will take it as a topload and it will be a bit of cream in their pocket. just make up a frame to strap the bike to so they can just fork it on and strap it down. and if they come through newcastle then they can drop it at our depot. if no luck then try shaws transport in kewdale just up the road from the b.p. they run direct to sydney.

Zed14
30-03-2006, 02:11 PM
try the train first frankie may be cheaper. if not go to the shell or the bp roadhouses at kewdale they are around the corner from each other on kewdale rd. put a notice on the bords there and put a price you would be happy to pay and you cooul;d get it dropped off any where you like then. someone will take it as a topload and it will be a bit of cream in their pocket. just make up a frame to strap the bike to so they can just fork it on and strap it down. and if they come through newcastle then they can drop it at our depot. if no luck then try shaws transport in kewdale just up the road from the b.p. they run direct to sydney.

Zed14
30-03-2006, 02:14 PM
i will try to find a subbie who runs over there i used to know heaps when i was running perth but i havent been over there for a few years.

Zed14
30-03-2006, 02:14 PM
i will try to find a subbie who runs over there i used to know heaps when i was running perth but i havent been over there for a few years.

chopaweeza
30-03-2006, 03:43 PM
Right. I have the answer. As some know I trade in bikes & parts. the cheapest way to ship a bike those distances is to crate it up. Go to you local dealership and get a packing crate the new bikes come in. Sometimes they just give them to you, other times you need a case of grog and sometimes they tell you to fuck off. Anyway, Boxed up it goes as general freight. I shipped a bike that way from Sydney to Perth for $450 last year. Took 8 days to get there and the buyer had to collect from the freight depot but it was cheap. I used TNT.

chopaweeza
30-03-2006, 03:43 PM
Right. I have the answer. As some know I trade in bikes & parts. the cheapest way to ship a bike those distances is to crate it up. Go to you local dealership and get a packing crate the new bikes come in. Sometimes they just give them to you, other times you need a case of grog and sometimes they tell you to fuck off. Anyway, Boxed up it goes as general freight. I shipped a bike that way from Sydney to Perth for $450 last year. Took 8 days to get there and the buyer had to collect from the freight depot but it was cheap. I used TNT.

Frankie
30-03-2006, 07:13 PM
Rexie, Chopaweeza!

Thanks to both of you for the replies! Very much appreciated!

I've got a crate already from "Five Star Yamaha", the local dealership. They do what they can to support a good customer like me. Their service is Five Star, no shit.
Aaanyway, here's the plan. I'm going to ask Five Star Yamaha wheather they have a deal with the likes of TNT. And I am going to check on the Rails transport.
That'll give me a good indication. In the meantime, I wait for Rexie....
Where is your depot, Rexie?

Frankie

Frankie
30-03-2006, 07:13 PM
Rexie, Chopaweeza!

Thanks to both of you for the replies! Very much appreciated!

I've got a crate already from "Five Star Yamaha", the local dealership. They do what they can to support a good customer like me. Their service is Five Star, no shit.
Aaanyway, here's the plan. I'm going to ask Five Star Yamaha wheather they have a deal with the likes of TNT. And I am going to check on the Rails transport.
That'll give me a good indication. In the meantime, I wait for Rexie....
Where is your depot, Rexie?

Frankie

30-03-2006, 08:43 PM
rexies dopot is 1.5 hour from exben,but thats not an issue. How bout buyin ben a return airline ticket to Perth,i'm sure that would cost less.Electrics is all your after,im sure there woul;d be someone in Perth who can help you out who's got tallent and understands your needs.In QLD we have Jim at Handmaderacers.He's a machinist/mechanic/motorcycle modification guru currently working for Lamborghini,but previously head of team Lotus Formula 1 race engineering,and soon to expand his hobby business to full scale bike modificatiion.Surely someone in Perth has the same abillity as these guru's;)

30-03-2006, 08:43 PM
rexies dopot is 1.5 hour from exben,but thats not an issue. How bout buyin ben a return airline ticket to Perth,i'm sure that would cost less.Electrics is all your after,im sure there woul;d be someone in Perth who can help you out who's got tallent and understands your needs.In QLD we have Jim at Handmaderacers.He's a machinist/mechanic/motorcycle modification guru currently working for Lamborghini,but previously head of team Lotus Formula 1 race engineering,and soon to expand his hobby business to full scale bike modificatiion.Surely someone in Perth has the same abillity as these guru's;)

Frankie
30-03-2006, 11:38 PM
Hi Davo,

I thought about this a lot. I rather have it build in WA. There are a lot of talented people in Perth. But, is someone here in Perth like that guy in Qld, you described? I don't know anyone..... A lot of work is getting done on the drag cars over here but bikes...? Veetwo? How much are they gonna charge?

There is also the custom exhaust/ muffler to be made. I don't know anyone here who could do a muffler for a reasonable price, like Ben would. Just to buy an aftermarket muffler would be the same or even more, than what Ben quoted me. For that job, he needs the bike in Sydney. This is actually my main drive for this mission.

I think, by the end of the day it doesn't really matter pricewise, Sydney or Perth (as long as I can get reasonable transport).
Getting the bike to Ben is a lot less headache for me in the long run. And one knows what you get for your money....

I just remember, someone told me about a guy from the UK who build bikes here in Perth... I'll make another phone call tomorrow.

Cheers

Frankie
30-03-2006, 11:38 PM
Hi Davo,

I thought about this a lot. I rather have it build in WA. There are a lot of talented people in Perth. But, is someone here in Perth like that guy in Qld, you described? I don't know anyone..... A lot of work is getting done on the drag cars over here but bikes...? Veetwo? How much are they gonna charge?

There is also the custom exhaust/ muffler to be made. I don't know anyone here who could do a muffler for a reasonable price, like Ben would. Just to buy an aftermarket muffler would be the same or even more, than what Ben quoted me. For that job, he needs the bike in Sydney. This is actually my main drive for this mission.

I think, by the end of the day it doesn't really matter pricewise, Sydney or Perth (as long as I can get reasonable transport).
Getting the bike to Ben is a lot less headache for me in the long run. And one knows what you get for your money....

I just remember, someone told me about a guy from the UK who build bikes here in Perth... I'll make another phone call tomorrow.

Cheers

God
03-04-2006, 01:54 PM
Hi Frankie,

Perhaps a little late but I used Bikes Only to transport one of the Bimota's Perth-Melbourne a couple of years ago. Brilliant service - cost approx. $600 one way. It was just so easy. Make the call & quote the credit card number, tell pick-up address and del address and the took care of everything else door to door. No need to stuff around with crates (they provide specially made ones), getting the bike to the depot or collecting it, etc etc.

God
03-04-2006, 01:54 PM
Hi Frankie,

Perhaps a little late but I used Bikes Only to transport one of the Bimota's Perth-Melbourne a couple of years ago. Brilliant service - cost approx. $600 one way. It was just so easy. Make the call & quote the credit card number, tell pick-up address and del address and the took care of everything else door to door. No need to stuff around with crates (they provide specially made ones), getting the bike to the depot or collecting it, etc etc.

Zed14
03-04-2006, 03:22 PM
sorry frankie cant get onto anyone i know who runs over there.

Zed14
03-04-2006, 03:22 PM
sorry frankie cant get onto anyone i know who runs over there.

Large
03-04-2006, 03:31 PM
Maybe ask one of those Jap nutters that walk across the Nullabor to push it...

Large
03-04-2006, 03:31 PM
Maybe ask one of those Jap nutters that walk across the Nullabor to push it...

Frankie
03-04-2006, 07:46 PM
Hi lads,

@Rexie, It's alright mate. You tryed. Thanks anyway!

@Large, I will consider your suggestion carefully. (I would supply the Sushi for the trip)

@God (what a Name), Why are you saying "perhaps a little late"?
The only listing I got from Telstra is in Brisbane 07 3219 7000, is this the one?

Frankie
03-04-2006, 07:46 PM
Hi lads,

@Rexie, It's alright mate. You tryed. Thanks anyway!

@Large, I will consider your suggestion carefully. (I would supply the Sushi for the trip)

@God (what a Name), Why are you saying "perhaps a little late"?
The only listing I got from Telstra is in Brisbane 07 3219 7000, is this the one?

Watto
05-04-2006, 10:54 AM
Not sure if these guys are still around - motorcycle movers 0411788999

Watto
05-04-2006, 10:54 AM
Not sure if these guys are still around - motorcycle movers 0411788999

Frankie
05-04-2006, 08:27 PM
Thanks Watto, I'll give 'em a call.

I got a quote from Bohaul here in Perth. Jeff, a keen Biker himself, offered for $ 249,- to and $584,- from Sydney. To me, that doesn't sound to bad. Half the price of TNT anyway.

Cheers

Frankie
05-04-2006, 08:27 PM
Thanks Watto, I'll give 'em a call.

I got a quote from Bohaul here in Perth. Jeff, a keen Biker himself, offered for $ 249,- to and $584,- from Sydney. To me, that doesn't sound to bad. Half the price of TNT anyway.

Cheers

debaser
16-04-2006, 02:08 AM
I used backloads.com once perth to sydney. crate it and tell them its a 250cc if you do. Cheap but the Cu%ts wrecked and stole/misplaced a lot of my stuff when I used them to shift house hold stuff from sydney. They cant really damage a crate. Worth checking for a comparison.

debaser
16-04-2006, 02:08 AM
I used backloads.com once perth to sydney. crate it and tell them its a 250cc if you do. Cheap but the Cu%ts wrecked and stole/misplaced a lot of my stuff when I used them to shift house hold stuff from sydney. They cant really damage a crate. Worth checking for a comparison.

Frankie
16-04-2006, 09:49 AM
Hi Debaser,

thanks for the hint.

Frankie
16-04-2006, 09:49 AM
Hi Debaser,

thanks for the hint.

ozkat
17-04-2006, 03:48 PM
Frankie, did you end with a firm price from Perth to Sydney? Ive got a mate who asked me the same question but from Sydney to Perth.

ozkat
17-04-2006, 03:48 PM
Frankie, did you end with a firm price from Perth to Sydney? Ive got a mate who asked me the same question but from Sydney to Perth.

Frankie
17-04-2006, 08:18 PM
Hi Ozcat,

here you go:

"Confirmation of freight charges to and from Sydney for your crated Spondon.

Perth to Sydney $241.29

Sydney to Perth $456.68

Funny figures due to GST."

This is the price for a crate sized: 2.1m x 0.8m x 1.0m. The weight does not come to play, unless it is over 500 something Kg....

Hope that helps,
Frankie

Frankie
17-04-2006, 08:18 PM
Hi Ozcat,

here you go:

Perth to Sydney $241.29

Sydney to Perth $456.68

This is the price for a crate sized: 2.1m x 0.8m x 1.0m. The weight does not come to play, unless it is over 500 something Kg....

Hope that helps,
Frankie

WHO-NIN
19-04-2006, 10:04 PM
quote:Originally posted by Frankie

Hi Ozcat,

here you go:

Perth to Sydney $241.29

Sydney to Perth $456.68

Hope that helps,
Frankie

These are good prices!!!
:)
I've bin in transport for 8yrs so i got a good idea of price.... could get it free for me!:D[:o)]:D

Frankie, who ya get the quotes from? ....insurance....?

WHO-NIN
19-04-2006, 10:04 PM
quote:Originally posted by Frankie

Hi Ozcat,

here you go:

Perth to Sydney $241.29

Sydney to Perth $456.68

Hope that helps,
Frankie

These are good prices!!!
I've bin in transport for 8yrs so i got a good idea of price.... could get it free for me!:D[:o)]:D

Frankie, who ya get the quotes from? ....insurance....?

Frankie
20-04-2006, 07:38 AM
"Frankie, who ya get the quotes from? ....insurance....?"

Nah, no insurance. I avoid these mops as good as I can :(

The guys name is Geoff. He is a keen Biker himself. And he works for Bohaul in Kennington/ WA. I got his number from a mates, mate. (The crate will go as top load)

Thanks for giving me some feedback on the price. I thought to myself, that this is a fair deal. Now I know from a pro.......

Can't wait until Ben is up and running again.... C'mon Ben, you can do it!! :)

Frankie
20-04-2006, 07:38 AM
"Frankie, who ya get the quotes from? ....insurance....?"

Nah, no insurance. I avoid these mops as good as I can :(

The guys name is Geoff. He is a keen Biker himself. And he works for Bohaul in Kennington/ WA. I got his number from a mates, mate. (The crate will go as top load)

Thanks for giving me some feedback on the price. I thought to myself, that this is a fair deal. Now I know from a pro.......

Can't wait until Ben is up and running again.... C'mon Ben, you can do it!! :)

WHO-NIN
20-04-2006, 07:53 PM
Had a quick check today, i can't get it free but cheap is always good:).... but i just don't trust'em not to fuck it up[:0]

@ Ozkat, go with Frankie's deal....

WHO-NIN
20-04-2006, 07:53 PM
Had a quick check today, i can't get it free but cheap is always good:).... but i just don't trust'em not to fuck it up[:0]

@ Ozkat, go with Frankie's deal....

Frankie
20-04-2006, 10:48 PM
Nin

whom do you not trust? The people you have in mind? Just checking...

I forgott to mention, the bike has to be crated... obviously.
Anyone interested on Geoff's Ph. No.... send me a mail.

Frankie

Frankie
20-04-2006, 10:48 PM
Nin

whom do you not trust? The people you have in mind? Just checking...

I forgott to mention, the bike has to be crated... obviously.
Anyone interested on Geoff's Ph. No.... send me a mail.

Frankie

WHO-NIN
22-04-2006, 12:02 AM
@ Frankie
Nah Haven't heard anything bad bout bohaul.
All i can say is [u]</u>PACKAGE AND PROTECT THE BIKE !!![u]</u>
But then again BRAND NEW Hondas come in only the crate frame (no cardboard box deal) ex japan!!!....mmm dusty!

Ever seen a quad do a 15 ft drop off!!( while still in packing crate!!!)
Transport horror stories for all occasions!!!:D:D:D:D

No [u]</u>I[u]</u> Didn't do it!!!
Felt a wrench in my guts when i saw it go though!!!!

WHO-NIN
22-04-2006, 12:02 AM
@ Frankie
Nah Haven't heard anything bad bout bohaul.
All i can say is [u]</u>PACKAGE AND PROTECT THE BIKE !!![u]</u>
But then again BRAND NEW Hondas come in only the crate frame (no cardboard box deal) ex japan!!!....mmm dusty!

Ever seen a quad do a 15 ft drop off!!( while still in packing crate!!!)
Transport horror stories for all occasions!!!:D:D:D:D

No [u]</u>I[u]</u> Didn't do it!!!
Felt a wrench in my guts when i saw it go though!!!!

Frankie
22-04-2006, 11:08 AM
Mate, don't tell me the Stories. I don't wanna know ;)

Yeah, I got a genuine Yamaha crate...

If the bike gets damaged- I'll find the person and I'll shoot him. If he survives- I'll shoot him again [}:)] ;)

Thanks for your professional opinion.

Frankie

Frankie
22-04-2006, 11:08 AM
Mate, don't tell me the Stories. I don't wanna know ;)

Yeah, I got a genuine Yamaha crate...

If the bike gets damaged- I'll find the person and I'll shoot him. If he survives- I'll shoot him again [}:)] ;)

Thanks for your professional opinion.

Frankie