PDA

View Full Version : 3amCobra's CBR250

3AMcobra
28-03-2006, 10:46 AM
Hey guys, some intense rides on here. Mine is being finished up this week, long story short, i smashed into a ute, and went the SF option :)

Heres some pics of the bike after the stack. Im getting it back on saturday so will take some glamour shots then of the new look. Its a CBR250R.

http://www.lmedition.com.au/mattski/punchedCBR.jpg
http://www.lmedition.com.au/mattski/tank2.jpg

The tank dent im leaving, as a little 'reminder'. The bike will be sprayed black (by me) after i take delivery.

Cant decide whether to go polished frame and wheels (my g/f uncle has a alluminium polishing factory :) ) or to just go matt black frame and engine then gloss black tank and rear fairing. The front fairing going on is a new one my mechanic just got in but not sure of the brand (it is ADR approved though).

Thoughts and tips?

Zed14
28-03-2006, 11:07 AM
tips1: get rid of the honda.2: dont let anyone you know see you riding the honda. 3: never show pics of your honda to anyone it makes them sick. 4: put suzuki stickers on it and it will be as fast as the new k5. 5: tell everyone its a katana cause they wont be able to tell the difference. 6: get a scooter it will be faster.

Zed14
28-03-2006, 11:07 AM
tips1: get rid of the honda.2: dont let anyone you know see you riding the honda. 3: never show pics of your honda to anyone it makes them sick. 4: put suzuki stickers on it and it will be as fast as the new k5. 5: tell everyone its a katana cause they wont be able to tell the difference. 6: get a scooter it will be faster.

Zed14
28-03-2006, 11:09 AM
oh and welcome to the site and have fun. and get rid of the honda. then you get some girls.

Zed14
28-03-2006, 11:09 AM
oh and welcome to the site and have fun. and get rid of the honda. then you get some girls.

BOHEMION
28-03-2006, 11:22 AM
Yeah Cause Rexie is just being harrassed by the local talent arnt ya mate hahahah

Welcome aboard mate, Drew on here is building a 250RR fighter aswell.

BOHEMION
28-03-2006, 11:22 AM
Yeah Cause Rexie is just being harrassed by the local talent arnt ya mate hahahah

Welcome aboard mate, Drew on here is building a 250RR fighter aswell.

Razorback
28-03-2006, 12:20 PM
Hey man WELCOME! I trust you had someone to kiss your "equipment" better after that nasty dent in the tank OUCH!!

Good to see you aboard anyhow... You should learn all you need to know about turning your bike into a sweet fighter from the intelectuals on this site... Read, Learn, ENJOY!

Razorback
28-03-2006, 12:20 PM
Hey man WELCOME! I trust you had someone to kiss your "equipment" better after that nasty dent in the tank OUCH!!

Good to see you aboard anyhow... You should learn all you need to know about turning your bike into a sweet fighter from the intelectuals on this site... Read, Learn, ENJOY!

Zed14
28-03-2006, 02:57 PM
cut that can in half so we can hear it revving

Zed14
28-03-2006, 02:57 PM
cut that can in half so we can hear it revving

28-03-2006, 09:12 PM
yeah hi. thoughts are free but you'll need to contact your local council to find tips[:X]

28-03-2006, 09:12 PM
yeah hi. thoughts are free but you'll need to contact your local council to find tips[:X]

pesh
28-03-2006, 09:27 PM
Welcome m8

pesh
28-03-2006, 09:27 PM
Welcome m8

Gix11
28-03-2006, 10:33 PM
Hey 3am Cobra (?) / Mat, welcome aboard mate. Drrew is your man in the 250 department mate, I don't understand the smaller stuff.

Gix11
28-03-2006, 10:33 PM
Hey 3am Cobra (?) / Mat, welcome aboard mate. Drrew is your man in the 250 department mate, I don't understand the smaller stuff.

pottsy
29-03-2006, 02:32 PM
don't get downhearted about all the wankers dissing your ride mate. Go the polished frame if you can would be set off by the black. i do agree about cutting the can in half, stock they sound like they run on electicity. will be interested to see your pics

pottsy
29-03-2006, 02:32 PM
don't get downhearted about all the wankers dissing your ride mate. Go the polished frame if you can would be set off by the black. i do agree about cutting the can in half, stock they sound like they run on electicity. will be interested to see your pics

BOHEMION
29-03-2006, 03:00 PM
quote:Originally posted by pottsy

just abit of friendly piss take :D[:p] no harm intended Cobra[:o)][^]

BOHEMION
29-03-2006, 03:00 PM

just abit of friendly piss take :D[:p] no harm intended Cobra[:o)][^]

ozkat
29-03-2006, 03:42 PM

Wankers? Maybe you should think before you type, just a bit of friendly advice mate.

ozkat
29-03-2006, 03:42 PM

Wankers? Maybe you should think before you type, just a bit of friendly advice mate.

3AMcobra
29-03-2006, 10:31 PM
Haha, fire up, its all good guys.

All jokes aside though i wasnt intending on polishing her up just yet, for the time being i was going to spray the frame matt black and rest gloss (including forks and what have u).

Theres a guy off CBR forums who has an awesome 250 streetfighter, ill post up some pics (he's alias is mr_wombat). Pretty much inspired my conversion (well, that and the accident hehe). Anyway as soon as i get her back (fingers crossed saturday) will post some pics

3AMcobra
29-03-2006, 10:31 PM
Haha, fire up, its all good guys.

All jokes aside though i wasnt intending on polishing her up just yet, for the time being i was going to spray the frame matt black and rest gloss (including forks and what have u).

Theres a guy off CBR forums who has an awesome 250 streetfighter, ill post up some pics (he's alias is mr_wombat). Pretty much inspired my conversion (well, that and the accident hehe). Anyway as soon as i get her back (fingers crossed saturday) will post some pics

jack
30-03-2006, 10:02 AM
hi 3am, the cbr250rr u mentioned belongs to my part time apprentice tin,it is pretty smart and different for a 250. its his only transport and he does well to keep it lookin smart all the time. its painted black with lots of polished bits and peices (frame,wheels, yokes,mega risers.2 inch rise bars.twin h/lights,stubby carbon can,mini irid blinkers,polished engine cases,316-s/s engine bolt kit,h/d clutch springs/plates,modifed a/box,salo oggy's etc. its currently getting a h/light screen and a couple of other minor bits done.credit to him for working with what he has available to him,(both budget & finances)although after coming to heathcote last sunday for a test and tune his first ever runs down the quarter on another customers stock 88 gsxr750 netted 11.74's and he's hooked so no more money or time will be spent on the cbr250rr as against a alternative bigger quarter mile ride.should be interesting.

jack
30-03-2006, 10:02 AM
hi 3am, the cbr250rr u mentioned belongs to my part time apprentice tin,it is pretty smart and different for a 250. its his only transport and he does well to keep it lookin smart all the time. its painted black with lots of polished bits and peices (frame,wheels, yokes,mega risers.2 inch rise bars.twin h/lights,stubby carbon can,mini irid blinkers,polished engine cases,316-s/s engine bolt kit,h/d clutch springs/plates,modifed a/box,salo oggy's etc. its currently getting a h/light screen and a couple of other minor bits done.credit to him for working with what he has available to him,(both budget & finances)although after coming to heathcote last sunday for a test and tune his first ever runs down the quarter on another customers stock 88 gsxr750 netted 11.74's and he's hooked so no more money or time will be spent on the cbr250rr as against a alternative bigger quarter mile ride.should be interesting.

BOHEMION
30-03-2006, 10:38 AM
Hey Jack are you able to get some piccis up?

BOHEMION
30-03-2006, 10:38 AM
Hey Jack are you able to get some piccis up?

sluglie
30-03-2006, 12:24 PM
http://www.streetfighters.com.au/forum/upload/42019148874961.JPG

damn, the only shot of tin's bike i have on file at work is the clamps and risers, prolly got more at home so i will have a look

sluglie
30-03-2006, 12:24 PM
http://www.streetfighters.com.au/forum/upload/42019148874961.JPG

damn, the only shot of tin's bike i have on file at work is the clamps and risers, prolly got more at home so i will have a look

BOHEMION
30-03-2006, 12:30 PM
See i'm keen to do a lil city Fighter/Novice upright for the girly. in the Gallary pages theres a 125 done up that would be heaps of fun to piss of the taxi drivers in the city and soooo light to just fuk around on.

http://www.streetfighters.com.au/images/gallery/honda/darren_NR125/darrens%20streetfighter.jpg

BOHEMION
30-03-2006, 12:30 PM
See i'm keen to do a lil city Fighter/Novice upright for the girly. in the Gallary pages theres a 125 done up that would be heaps of fun to piss of the taxi drivers in the city and soooo light to just fuk around on.

http://www.streetfighters.com.au/images/gallery/honda/darren_NR125/darrens%20streetfighter.jpg

clairebear
30-03-2006, 01:40 PM
goody Oz, i was hoping for a big old newby slag session after the "wanker" thing..guess we're getting sedate in our old age
:-)
not that i dont like newbies or nowt, i dont mind them little rev yer nuts of 4 stroke tiny fours, but the're a bit small for me now i'm all growd up.

clairebear
30-03-2006, 01:40 PM
goody Oz, i was hoping for a big old newby slag session after the "wanker" thing..guess we're getting sedate in our old age
:-)
not that i dont like newbies or nowt, i dont mind them little rev yer nuts of 4 stroke tiny fours, but the're a bit small for me now i'm all growd up.

jack
30-03-2006, 04:44 PM
hey slug, i need u to come over the shop and bring ur wizbang cam with u. hi boh,i only have them there old fashioned type piccies but we'll remedy that soon. oh yeah claire was that supose to be all growed up or out.sorry i couldn't resist, how's the weena goin- hopefully alls well. regards.

jack
30-03-2006, 04:44 PM
hey slug, i need u to come over the shop and bring ur wizbang cam with u. hi boh,i only have them there old fashioned type piccies but we'll remedy that soon. oh yeah claire was that supose to be all growed up or out.sorry i couldn't resist, how's the weena goin- hopefully alls well. regards.

30-03-2006, 09:51 PM

Thems big words from a 17yo Tasmanian with little experience other than fingering your sisters brothers cousins arsehole just to get your mother excited.
No dissing was ever intended by any post Pottsy(apropriately named)but if you'd been around here a bit longer you mite actualy understand that.We respect every1 who shares our interest,and because we are mature Australian enthusiusts,we know when someone is takin the piss in a friendly matter and not puttin shit on someone because of their bike or abillity.Comments like"all the wankers"will not gain you any credability as an enthusiust custom streetfighter builder, maybe you should ride with us 1 day,or show us some fotos of your fighter so we will accept you as an enthuisiust too,rather than calling people wankers on the internet [:X]

30-03-2006, 09:51 PM

Thems big words from a 17yo Tasmanian with little experience other than fingering your sisters brothers cousins arsehole just to get your mother excited.
No dissing was ever intended by any post Pottsy(apropriately named)but if you'd been around here a bit longer you mite actualy understand that.We respect every1 who shares our interest,and because we are mature Australian enthusiusts,we know when someone is takin the piss in a friendly matter and not puttin shit on someone because of their bike or abillity.Comments like"all the wankers"will not gain you any credability as an enthusiust custom streetfighter builder, maybe you should ride with us 1 day,or show us some fotos of your fighter so we will accept you as an enthuisiust too,rather than calling people wankers on the internet [:X]

pottsy
30-03-2006, 11:05 PM
sorry take back the 'wankers' all i meant by the last post was for the guy not to worry about the pisstaking that goes on here because its all just abit of fun. wasn't having a go at you guys at all (and i'd never attempt the flame with davo because i know i'd lose!;))

you haven't seen my streetfighter because i don't have one! i have a completely stock p.o.s. 250 of a model i'm too embarrested to mention. hopefully in the next year i'll be able to show you pics of my future bike but at the moment all i do is lurk on here everyday and get idears and inspiration from all your guys builds

pottsy
30-03-2006, 11:05 PM
sorry take back the 'wankers' all i meant by the last post was for the guy not to worry about the pisstaking that goes on here because its all just abit of fun. wasn't having a go at you guys at all (and i'd never attempt the flame with davo because i know i'd lose!;))

you haven't seen my streetfighter because i don't have one! i have a completely stock p.o.s. 250 of a model i'm too embarrested to mention. hopefully in the next year i'll be able to show you pics of my future bike but at the moment all i do is lurk on here everyday and get idears and inspiration from all your guys builds

3AMcobra
30-03-2006, 11:08 PM
Hey jack, yeah tins the guy, i've spoken to him a few times about doing the frame polishing and wheels on my bike once i get it back but it will probably be awhile before i can invest some more $ into that sort of thing.

Ive got some pics of his CBR i can post up, but not sure if he will allow me plastering it all over the net hehe, where is he anyway? not a member here?

3AMcobra
30-03-2006, 11:08 PM
Hey jack, yeah tins the guy, i've spoken to him a few times about doing the frame polishing and wheels on my bike once i get it back but it will probably be awhile before i can invest some more $ into that sort of thing.

Ive got some pics of his CBR i can post up, but not sure if he will allow me plastering it all over the net hehe, where is he anyway? not a member here?

clairebear
31-03-2006, 07:33 AM
wooo hoooo! go Davo Go!
i'm all excited now! yearh on fire...:-)

clairebear
31-03-2006, 07:33 AM
wooo hoooo! go Davo Go!
i'm all excited now! yearh on fire...:-)

jack
31-03-2006, 09:43 AM
hi 3am,i sure tin wouldn'nt mind. he's at uni doing mech engineering during most days otherwise he works at ocdr part time (day or night).

jack
31-03-2006, 09:43 AM
hi 3am,i sure tin wouldn'nt mind. he's at uni doing mech engineering during most days otherwise he works at ocdr part time (day or night).

dinorider
31-03-2006, 07:39 PM
250 and streetfighter in the same sentence is like John Howard and MAN in the same sentence:Dsorry bout that it`s just that you could sell the 2fiddy and by something with big hairy ones,then go the spastic monkey on it.

dinorider
31-03-2006, 07:39 PM
250 and streetfighter in the same sentence is like John Howard and MAN in the same sentence:Dsorry bout that it`s just that you could sell the 2fiddy and by something with big hairy ones,then go the spastic monkey on it.

cammy9r
31-03-2006, 08:21 PM
How long you been riding 3AM, we all started somewhere. I still have my '91 ZZR250 lurking under some covers in my shed. Too good to get rid of but not really worth anything to be bothered selling.
Have your fun with it just now 3AM and when the time is right buy yourself a thou then let your mind let loose on it. As for the cbr i would try to lift the rear sub frame and get some nice space/clearance between the rear wheel, maybe loose the chuncky rear end plastic in favour of some sleeker stuff.i'd make it a single seater as well and loose the pillion pegs. You could probably try to change the speedo/clocks for something smaller even if it is just a push bike speedo.

http://www.streetfighters.com.au/forum/upload/62196688742656.JPG

http://www.streetfighters.com.au/forum/upload/621966887246429.jpg

cammy9r
31-03-2006, 08:21 PM
How long you been riding 3AM, we all started somewhere. I still have my '91 ZZR250 lurking under some covers in my shed. Too good to get rid of but not really worth anything to be bothered selling.
Have your fun with it just now 3AM and when the time is right buy yourself a thou then let your mind let loose on it. As for the cbr i would try to lift the rear sub frame and get some nice space/clearance between the rear wheel, maybe loose the chuncky rear end plastic in favour of some sleeker stuff.i'd make it a single seater as well and loose the pillion pegs. You could probably try to change the speedo/clocks for something smaller even if it is just a push bike speedo.

http://www.streetfighters.com.au/forum/upload/62196688742656.JPG

http://www.streetfighters.com.au/forum/upload/621966887246429.jpg

BOHEMION
01-04-2006, 09:08 AM
quote:Originally posted by dinorider

Tis all about being dif man, doing things to ya bike that other people will hate. Fuck em HAHAHA

BOHEMION
01-04-2006, 09:08 AM
quote:Originally posted by dinorider

Tis all about being dif man, doing things to ya bike that other people will hate. Fuck em HAHAHA

3AMcobra
01-04-2006, 11:17 PM
Cammy9r, i've been riding about a year now (first bike was a z250 hehe, second was the CBR, got about 8months left on restrictions before i can jump on anything over 250cc tho).

Dinorider, i know, its not exactly the greatest thing on the road. The reason this conversion came about was mainly my accident and lack of money to do a full repair, that mixed with the fact i love the streetfighter look! [8D] So i suppose it was win win, decent enough looks and cheap repair.

Update: Got the bike back today and i was very very impressed, i didnt take pics as i pretty much took it out for a spin then took it to the mrs place to do a respray on the rear fairings and tank (black to suit the front face). Rundown of custom work: Cat eye indicators, handlebars and bar ends/mounts, single mirror, face headlight (dunno brand its an ADR approved one tho), ignition moved to side and bracket made to suit, radiator cover, reroute wiring, and speedo bracket.
Going to the F1 tomorrow and will assemble the sprayed bits when i get back then take some fotos!

Its a great ride too, a lot more comfortable with the motorcross like bars rather than the sports ones.

3AMcobra
01-04-2006, 11:17 PM
Cammy9r, i've been riding about a year now (first bike was a z250 hehe, second was the CBR, got about 8months left on restrictions before i can jump on anything over 250cc tho).

Dinorider, i know, its not exactly the greatest thing on the road. The reason this conversion came about was mainly my accident and lack of money to do a full repair, that mixed with the fact i love the streetfighter look! [8D] So i suppose it was win win, decent enough looks and cheap repair.

Update: Got the bike back today and i was very very impressed, i didnt take pics as i pretty much took it out for a spin then took it to the mrs place to do a respray on the rear fairings and tank (black to suit the front face). Rundown of custom work: Cat eye indicators, handlebars and bar ends/mounts, single mirror, face headlight (dunno brand its an ADR approved one tho), ignition moved to side and bracket made to suit, radiator cover, reroute wiring, and speedo bracket.
Going to the F1 tomorrow and will assemble the sprayed bits when i get back then take some fotos!

Its a great ride too, a lot more comfortable with the motorcross like bars rather than the sports ones.

sluglie
02-04-2006, 08:25 AM
hey man, where did you get the work done?

sluglie
02-04-2006, 08:25 AM
hey man, where did you get the work done?

3AMcobra
03-04-2006, 12:56 AM
Work was done at Motorjet, its now been assembled but was too late to take pics, will take a few photos 2moro. Have some wiring issues (highbeams always on and hi delay on indicators, but will take it back for them to sort this out as must've been due to rerouting and rewiring everything).

3AMcobra
03-04-2006, 12:56 AM
Work was done at Motorjet, its now been assembled but was too late to take pics, will take a few photos 2moro. Have some wiring issues (highbeams always on and hi delay on indicators, but will take it back for them to sort this out as must've been due to rerouting and rewiring everything).