PDA

View Full Version : Bar End Mirrors for clipons

krok18
24-03-2006, 05:33 AM
Hey guys,
Again I have a question about how to do something on my streetfighter (1994 FZR1000). Yesterday I finally removed the gauges and the cage that held the plastics and the headlights. I made a simplistic mount for two stacked PIAA headlights. I think it looks pretty good. I also mounted my push bike speed and it works good. But I don't have any mirrors left, as the mounts were on the cage for the originals. I don't have the money right now to put new handle bars and risers on the yoke, let alone the money to replace the brake and clutch lines. So I would like to leave the clip-ons on the bike for now. Plus I would like to find another yoke so that I could still have on original. In the end the question is:
Is there any barend mirrors out there that will fit the standard clipons? The only reason I am skeptical is because of the threads up in the bar for the barend weights. What opinions does the board have ;)

sluglie
24-03-2006, 07:28 AM
you can get some that screw into the bar end (had a set on the zrx before i changed bars) i will try and find out who made the buggers, and they are a more positive attachment than the ones that use a compressed rubber mount, mind you, they dont half vibrate

sluglie
24-03-2006, 07:28 AM
you can get some that screw into the bar end (had a set on the zrx before i changed bars) i will try and find out who made the buggers, and they are a more positive attachment than the ones that use a compressed rubber mount, mind you, they dont half vibrate

joe.d
24-03-2006, 01:41 PM
CRG mirrors are awesome, and every part of them is replacable, look them up on ebay

joe.d
24-03-2006, 01:41 PM
CRG mirrors are awesome, and every part of them is replacable, look them up on ebay

loosebruce
24-03-2006, 06:02 PM
I just replaced the back clamp on the clutch and brake master cyls with ones threaded 10mm for mirrors @ $15ea.
Trail bike or mirrors from the scooter shop.
Chirpy chirpy cheep cheep.
:)

loosebruce
24-03-2006, 06:02 PM
I just replaced the back clamp on the clutch and brake master cyls with ones threaded 10mm for mirrors @ $15ea.
Trail bike or mirrors from the scooter shop.
Chirpy chirpy cheep cheep.
:)

Gix11
24-03-2006, 07:31 PM
Ditto what Brucey said.

Gix11
24-03-2006, 07:31 PM
Ditto what Brucey said.

Zed14
24-03-2006, 10:43 PM
if you just wanna get something cheap until you work out what your really gonna do then supercheap sell some chrome round mirrors that will thread into the the end of the clip ons where tha bar ends used to be when you take em out to mount the mirrors which will be where the bar ends used to be on the end of the clip ons.

Zed14
24-03-2006, 10:43 PM
if you just wanna get something cheap until you work out what your really gonna do then supercheap sell some chrome round mirrors that will thread into the the end of the clip ons where tha bar ends used to be when you take em out to mount the mirrors which will be where the bar ends used to be on the end of the clip ons.

Gix11
24-03-2006, 10:51 PM
I don't think there is any SuperCheap stores in America though Rex. Although, I could be wrong (I am usually).

Gix11
24-03-2006, 10:51 PM
I don't think there is any SuperCheap stores in America though Rex. Although, I could be wrong (I am usually).

25-03-2006, 06:49 PM
Stu at streetfighters does bar ends that clsamp to the outside of the handle-bar (and presumably the bar-end wieghts.

Here they are

http://www.austreetfighter.com.au/cgi-bin/shoppingcart/cart.cgi?action=search&category=Top+Yokes+Bars+Mirrors

But looses idea is the quickest and cheapest, just take the mount block for you're brake/clutch levers to a wrecker/breaker and get the block from an unfaired bike from the same manufacturer, they have the threaded holes in them for standrad handle bar mount mirrors.

Or you could get one of us locals to send you a pair that Rexie mentions. (supercheap are everywhere over here)

25-03-2006, 06:49 PM
Stu at streetfighters does bar ends that clsamp to the outside of the handle-bar (and presumably the bar-end wieghts.

Here they are

http://www.austreetfighter.com.au/cgi-bin/shoppingcart/cart.cgi?action=search&category=Top+Yokes+Bars+Mirrors

But looses idea is the quickest and cheapest, just take the mount block for you're brake/clutch levers to a wrecker/breaker and get the block from an unfaired bike from the same manufacturer, they have the threaded holes in them for standrad handle bar mount mirrors.

Or you could get one of us locals to send you a pair that Rexie mentions. (supercheap are everywhere over here)

damo1
25-03-2006, 08:42 PM
Mate if you dont care if they work and its just for looks to say yes cuntstable i have a mirror go down to your local bicycle
shop and get one for about $10 (aus)
Have a look at mine if you like in yourrides under damos blade.

damo1
25-03-2006, 08:42 PM
Mate if you dont care if they work and its just for looks to say yes cuntstable i have a mirror go down to your local bicycle
shop and get one for about $10 (aus)
Have a look at mine if you like in yourrides under damos blade.