PDA

View Full Version : GSXR braided brake lines

Rocket
20-03-2006, 07:57 PM
Gidday,
I have just stripped the front brakes on my '92 1100 and I might as well get some braided lines while I'm rebuilding everything. Can anyone recommend a good place to go for this stuff and not get shafted ?
As I'm in perth, I need someone who know's what bits will fit and can send them across to me and be correct.

Currently I am running stock clip ons but have a top clamp that I will soon get welded up and drilled to run Renthal's and risers. This means that I may want to use the stock top hose for the short term and just replace the bottoms with braided jobs for now. Wouldn't mind a nicer looking manifold where the two bottom lines bolt up under the bottom triple as well. So I reckon a full kit with a manifold, but just run the stock top hose till I get the other bars on.
Any advice and contacts will be appreciated.

cheers

EXBEN
20-03-2006, 08:26 PM
Speak to Stu at www.austreetfighter.com.au he does HEL lines, He'll sort you out.

EXBEN
20-03-2006, 08:26 PM
Speak to Stu at www.austreetfighter.com.au he does HEL lines, He'll sort you out.

Rocket
20-03-2006, 08:39 PM
Unreal ! I didn't know this site existed !!
I can see myself spending some quality time here.

Cheers

Rocket
20-03-2006, 08:39 PM
Unreal ! I didn't know this site existed !!
I can see myself spending some quality time here.

Cheers

Gix11
20-03-2006, 11:32 PM
Yea, Stu's yer man mate. Just got a twin full length set to do away with the splitter from him, but you'll have a problem if you are changing the bars at a later date as you'll need the 6" over length for them. Just get the two full lengths and get the bars on straight away, you know you want to......

Gix11
20-03-2006, 11:32 PM
Yea, Stu's yer man mate. Just got a twin full length set to do away with the splitter from him, but you'll have a problem if you are changing the bars at a later date as you'll need the 6" over length for them. Just get the two full lengths and get the bars on straight away, you know you want to......

Rocket
21-03-2006, 11:54 AM
Hahaha yeah you're right.
I notice he sells complete top yokes with risers too, seems easier than welding up the second hand one I just bought, then drilling in risers.

i think he's about to become my new best freind.

Rocket
21-03-2006, 11:54 AM
Hahaha yeah you're right.
I notice he sells complete top yokes with risers too, seems easier than welding up the second hand one I just bought, then drilling in risers.

i think he's about to become my new best freind.

Captaintoc
21-03-2006, 11:53 PM
Dont mean to jump on toes but I got three custom length hoses made up they are braided and covered in clear plastic (to aussie specs which a lot of the aftermarket kits don't have I found out the hard way) for $150 dollars from a place called brakeline in Coffs Harbour 6 months ago.

They even do stainless fittings if required.

So ring around your local brake places for cars and ask, just make sure they're got the tickets to do them legal like.

Have Fun
Andrew

Captaintoc
21-03-2006, 11:53 PM
Dont mean to jump on toes but I got three custom length hoses made up they are braided and covered in clear plastic (to aussie specs which a lot of the aftermarket kits don't have I found out the hard way) for $150 dollars from a place called brakeline in Coffs Harbour 6 months ago.

They even do stainless fittings if required.

So ring around your local brake places for cars and ask, just make sure they're got the tickets to do them legal like.

Have Fun
Andrew

Razorback
22-03-2006, 07:58 AM
Hey Captain was that you that bought that set of gold bolts for the GSXR01/02 on ebay the other day ? Coz it was me selling them. Nice to see ya on the forums anyway mate. Wheres the pics of your ride then ?

Razorback
22-03-2006, 07:58 AM
Hey Captain was that you that bought that set of gold bolts for the GSXR01/02 on ebay the other day ? Coz it was me selling them. Nice to see ya on the forums anyway mate. Wheres the pics of your ride then ?

Rocket
22-03-2006, 04:41 PM
Hey Captain, thanks for the info.
I ended up ordering from Austreetfighters.
They work out about $70 per hose so it's a bit more than what you found.
The good thing is though, i also ordered a top yoke conversion that's on special right now (bewdy), bars and bits and pieces at the same time. I'm always a bit short on time to go searching around so I love a bit of one stop shopping.

Cheers

Rocket
22-03-2006, 04:41 PM
Hey Captain, thanks for the info.
I ended up ordering from Austreetfighters.
They work out about $70 per hose so it's a bit more than what you found.
The good thing is though, i also ordered a top yoke conversion that's on special right now (bewdy), bars and bits and pieces at the same time. I'm always a bit short on time to go searching around so I love a bit of one stop shopping.

Cheers

Captaintoc
23-03-2006, 10:12 AM
Yep razor that was me I'll maybe get some pics tonight but not sure my shed is a freakin mess at the mo as a new baby means everything from the spare room is now in my bloody workshop.

I also had my dad lob up with a mill I bought as me mum doesn't want it cluttering up her garage (hehehe has 0NE car and fridge and few bits in a 2 car garage).

So the mill is in peices on me bench while I clean the travels and replace the old 3 phase motor with a 1 phase motor (time for some custom parts me thinks).

So I might not get to it for a few days[8)].

But I will get to it sooner or later:D.

Have Fun
Andrew

Captaintoc
23-03-2006, 10:12 AM
Yep razor that was me I'll maybe get some pics tonight but not sure my shed is a freakin mess at the mo as a new baby means everything from the spare room is now in my bloody workshop.

I also had my dad lob up with a mill I bought as me mum doesn't want it cluttering up her garage (hehehe has 0NE car and fridge and few bits in a 2 car garage).

So the mill is in peices on me bench while I clean the travels and replace the old 3 phase motor with a 1 phase motor (time for some custom parts me thinks).

So I might not get to it for a few days[8)].

But I will get to it sooner or later:D.

Have Fun
Andrew

God
23-03-2006, 10:44 AM
Hey Rocket,

Where are you located?

God
23-03-2006, 10:44 AM
Hey Rocket,

Where are you located?

Rocket
23-03-2006, 03:12 PM
I'm in Perth mate.

Rocket
23-03-2006, 03:12 PM
I'm in Perth mate.

23-03-2006, 05:27 PM
You wont be disappointed with your purchase Rocket.HEL braides are compliant and they look tric.They improved my braking capacity by about 50% so be careful when ya grab a handful of front anchors the 1st time;)

23-03-2006, 05:27 PM
You wont be disappointed with your purchase Rocket.HEL braides are compliant and they look tric.They improved my braking capacity by about 50% so be careful when ya grab a handful of front anchors the 1st time;)

loosebruce
23-03-2006, 09:07 PM
Put some of Stu's lines on my 95 GSXR1100 a while ago, made a good difference.
While I was looking at the front brake I noticed there was slack in the pivot on the lever.
New front brake lever had slack in it too, there seens to be THREE pivot points in a standard GSXR adjustable lever.
Disassemble, grease, retighten, presto 2cm less lever travel.
Much more positive set up.
It's only simple but well worth the effort.

loosebruce
23-03-2006, 09:07 PM
Put some of Stu's lines on my 95 GSXR1100 a while ago, made a good difference.
While I was looking at the front brake I noticed there was slack in the pivot on the lever.
New front brake lever had slack in it too, there seens to be THREE pivot points in a standard GSXR adjustable lever.
Disassemble, grease, retighten, presto 2cm less lever travel.
Much more positive set up.
It's only simple but well worth the effort.