PDA

View Full Version : Synthetic Oil = Clutch Slip

Large
19-03-2006, 08:54 PM
I put some Mobil full synthetic oil in my GSXR a while back and I noticed the clutch sort of "graunched" if I dumped it. I've seen a couple of posts hereabouts mentioning synthetics and clutch slippage, so I wasn't too worried as it felt alright on the go.

It's just had a service with mineral oil, but it still feels/sounds funny.

Should I just wait till the new oil soaks into everything or have I fucked something?

ozkat
19-03-2006, 08:55 PM
What model GSXR?

ozkat
19-03-2006, 08:55 PM
What model GSXR?

Large
19-03-2006, 08:59 PM
K4 1000

It's my backup if the Kat isn't right next week:D

Large
19-03-2006, 08:59 PM
K4 1000

It's my backup if the Kat isn't right next week:D

ozkat
19-03-2006, 09:12 PM
Yeah mate you have fucked it!! that oil has rooted the engine and proberly contaminated the frame, swingarm, tank, gauges and wheels ;) ill do you a favor and take it off your hands for $500 ill even come and pick it up cause you wouldnt want to be riding it in that state.Plus it will save you $300 getting it delivered to me. Just because i care about my fellow members. :D

ozkat
19-03-2006, 09:12 PM
Yeah mate you have fucked it!! that oil has rooted the engine and proberly contaminated the frame, swingarm, tank, gauges and wheels ;) ill do you a favor and take it off your hands for $500 ill even come and pick it up cause you wouldnt want to be riding it in that state.Plus it will save you $300 getting it delivered to me. Just because i care about my fellow members. :D

ozkat
19-03-2006, 09:14 PM
Oh , id give you a sensible reply to your question but i have no fuckin idea

ozkat
19-03-2006, 09:14 PM
Oh , id give you a sensible reply to your question but i have no fuckin idea

Large
19-03-2006, 09:23 PM
yeah I know :D

I remember someone posting about synthetics and clutch slipping here...can't remember if they had to do anything to fix it.

Large
19-03-2006, 09:23 PM
yeah I know :D

I remember someone posting about synthetics and clutch slipping here...can't remember if they had to do anything to fix it.

21-03-2006, 10:41 AM
Nup yer'v fooked it.

Full strip down mate, inta tha kitchen, get the strife working the palmolive through the dishwasher and you'll be jake. Just for good measure, and to make sure there's no post washer contamination, do the rebuild on the kitchen table. :D

NFI actually :)

21-03-2006, 10:41 AM
Nup yer'v fooked it.

Full strip down mate, inta tha kitchen, get the strife working the palmolive through the dishwasher and you'll be jake. Just for good measure, and to make sure there's no post washer contamination, do the rebuild on the kitchen table. :D

NFI actually :)

speeddemon
22-03-2006, 08:11 AM
not good to go back to mineral after using syn as can reduce life of seals etc maybe grunge up things.

modern syn is fine and i rather use it than mineral - works fine on my dirt bike that gets whey more clutch abuse than anthing on the road does. Run the bandit on this red coloured oil (Silkoline) - works a treat on all suz that me and Chadams have.

speeddemon
22-03-2006, 08:11 AM
not good to go back to mineral after using syn as can reduce life of seals etc maybe grunge up things.

modern syn is fine and i rather use it than mineral - works fine on my dirt bike that gets whey more clutch abuse than anthing on the road does. Run the bandit on this red coloured oil (Silkoline) - works a treat on all suz that me and Chadams have.