PDA

View Full Version : advice needed: 2 seat rego

Myron
19-03-2006, 08:14 AM
Hi everyone, been a while since I was able to log on...

Does anyone know of a place which will ok my bike for 2 seater rego? I'm not sure I understand the system, a mechanic looks at your bike and signs a form? Right now it's rego'd for one person, but i have pillion rear seat and footpegs on the bike, so i can still get a fine even though I wont take anyone on the back right?

If my rear seat is for another model of motorcycle then it will fail the test? This is really confusing [xx(] !!

Tony Nitrous
19-03-2006, 07:42 PM
Being a Pommie too, all this was new to me also.

Just got the SV changed to "Single seat Rego".
We removed the seat/footpegs, took the bike into
Springwood Suzuki, they took a look at in and did the
paperwork to give to Queensland Transport.
I think there is a set fee for a single or dual "cert".

Phone Springwood Suzuki up,
They are quite helpful.

Dual Seat rego for the April Fools Run ?

Tony.J.

Tony Nitrous
19-03-2006, 07:42 PM
Being a Pommie too, all this was new to me also.

Just got the SV changed to "Single seat Rego".
We removed the seat/footpegs, took the bike into
Springwood Suzuki, they took a look at in and did the
paperwork to give to Queensland Transport.
I think there is a set fee for a single or dual "cert".

Phone Springwood Suzuki up,
They are quite helpful.

Dual Seat rego for the April Fools Run ?

Tony.J.

Myron
19-03-2006, 08:03 PM
I hope so, otherwise I'll be on my jack! :-( ...well, actually i hear the guy I'm sharing a room with is quite nice lol - I hear you lot been taking bets as to who will cry first!

Myron
19-03-2006, 08:03 PM
I hope so, otherwise I'll be on my jack! :-( ...well, actually i hear the guy I'm sharing a room with is quite nice lol - I hear you lot been taking bets as to who will cry first!

Tony Nitrous
19-03-2006, 09:05 PM
If you go to....

http://www.springwoodsuzuki.com.au/frame.html

and click on "workshop", you get...

Single Seat Modifications
Solo Seat Compliance $44.00
(Price set by Government)

Tony Nitrous
19-03-2006, 09:05 PM
If you go to....

http://www.springwoodsuzuki.com.au/frame.html

and click on "workshop", you get...

Single Seat Modifications
Solo Seat Compliance $44.00
(Price set by Government)

suxukifreak
19-03-2006, 09:09 PM
quote:Originally posted by Myron

I dont want to hear crying out of a room with 2 pissed guys in it [xx(] [xx(]

suxukifreak
19-03-2006, 09:09 PM
quote:Originally posted by Myron

I dont want to hear crying out of a room with 2 pissed guys in it [xx(] [xx(]

21-03-2006, 10:38 AM
So who are you sharing with Myrtle? Oz?, Stevo?, Fimp?, Davo?

21-03-2006, 10:38 AM

rupes
21-03-2006, 11:07 AM
I was always curious about the single/dual seat issue. I've never understood why the cost of CTP is so high, being close to that of a car $500+, unless you have comp with them as well in which case its half price for the CTP or thereabouts.

I've managed to pull a bit of a fast one on the phone to them and gotten the discounted price because I bullshitted about comp insurance on some other bike etc etc. But still the fact is that I can't take a pillion and the chance off hurting a 3rd party are fairly remote. Surely there must be a CTP discount for a single seater ??

Anyone know ?? or is getting it certified one or the other just for engineering purposes, as in to avoid defects ??

rupes
21-03-2006, 11:07 AM
I was always curious about the single/dual seat issue. I've never understood why the cost of CTP is so high, being close to that of a car $500+, unless you have comp with them as well in which case its half price for the CTP or thereabouts.

I've managed to pull a bit of a fast one on the phone to them and gotten the discounted price because I bullshitted about comp insurance on some other bike etc etc. But still the fact is that I can't take a pillion and the chance off hurting a 3rd party are fairly remote. Surely there must be a CTP discount for a single seater ??

Anyone know ?? or is getting it certified one or the other just for engineering purposes, as in to avoid defects ??

Myron
21-03-2006, 01:42 PM
quote:Originally posted by chalk10

Not entirely sure I'll be going at all anymore Chalk, money is extreemily tight as Linda's on shithouse wage and I'm unembloyed again.

On the upside of things, I found clocks for my gixer for $300 and shanes selling me his fairing for $300 and the speedo cable is $15 so when I DO get a job my project is on the way! This is already my fav bike I have ever owned, imagine when it's all finished and sprayed in gloss black! [:X]

Myron
21-03-2006, 01:42 PM
quote:Originally posted by chalk10

Not entirely sure I'll be going at all anymore Chalk, money is extreemily tight as Linda's on shithouse wage and I'm unembloyed again.

On the upside of things, I found clocks for my gixer for $300 and shanes selling me his fairing for $300 and the speedo cable is $15 so when I DO get a job my project is on the way! This is already my fav bike I have ever owned, imagine when it's all finished and sprayed in gloss black! [:X]

21-03-2006, 04:58 PM
OMFG....[xx(]

21-03-2006, 04:58 PM
OMFG....[xx(]

Tony Nitrous
21-03-2006, 06:22 PM
quote:On the upside of things, I found clocks for my gixer for $300 and shanes selling me his fairing for $300 and the speedo cable is $15

I've seen folk turn Triumph Bonnie Chops back into restored
"Classic Bikes" but this will be the first time i've seen
anyone UN-Streetfighter a GSX-R :D

Thought you have a job with Shayne?
Is he THAT bad to work with? ;)

Tony.J.

Tony Nitrous
21-03-2006, 06:22 PM
quote:On the upside of things, I found clocks for my gixer for $300 and shanes selling me his fairing for $300 and the speedo cable is $15

I've seen folk turn Triumph Bonnie Chops back into restored
"Classic Bikes" but this will be the first time i've seen
anyone UN-Streetfighter a GSX-R :D

Thought you have a job with Shayne?
Is he THAT bad to work with? ;)

Tony.J.