PDA

View Full Version : 1100 USD's

speeddemon
15-03-2006, 07:05 PM
Anyone got their 1100 USD's working well.. Mine are fricken gold valved and they still seem to harsh (but do work well the faster I go) - have seen something about them having too much low speed rebound dampening causing harshness or something like that? They are the 91-92 model.

Any pointers - settings - who got em right for you???? apart from the usual shit like just go buy some Ohlins - or just go faster..

Razorback
16-03-2006, 12:24 PM
What did you have to do to get em to fit Speedy ? This is probably the next major move for me and Im wondering if I should go for a whole front end or whether my existing wheel, guard, disks, calipers etc are gonna transef.

Razorback
16-03-2006, 12:24 PM
What did you have to do to get em to fit Speedy ? This is probably the next major move for me and Im wondering if I should go for a whole front end or whether my existing wheel, guard, disks, calipers etc are gonna transef.

Gix11
16-03-2006, 01:24 PM
My conversion was fine Speedy, although I'm what they call "The adaptor". I always adapt to how it shapes up so it could be absolute wank and I don't know. Too many modified bikes and bombs ridden in my life time......

Gix11
16-03-2006, 01:24 PM
My conversion was fine Speedy, although I'm what they call "The adaptor". I always adapt to how it shapes up so it could be absolute wank and I don't know. Too many modified bikes and bombs ridden in my life time......

speeddemon
16-03-2006, 05:43 PM
Razor

Set of GSXR yokes - press out sterrer - possibly need to ever so slightly (<0.5mm) widen the hole in the bottom clamp - press bandit steerer in - done. Problem with bandit compared to GSXR's is that the extra long steerer doesnt really let you use the shorter sportbike forks unless you want a spastically steep angle.

Stock wheels and brakes will fit but need the 11 axle and spacers as it is a tad wider. Maybe a grand all up if sourced at wrecker. To be honest with the forks around now I would spend the extra and get some more modern forks on with custom drop down clamps. Maybe if you can wait 6 months I might be going a different front end and you can by mine which would be a straight bolt on and help me get the $$ quicker.

speeddemon
16-03-2006, 05:43 PM
Razor

Set of GSXR yokes - press out sterrer - possibly need to ever so slightly (<0.5mm) widen the hole in the bottom clamp - press bandit steerer in - done. Problem with bandit compared to GSXR's is that the extra long steerer doesnt really let you use the shorter sportbike forks unless you want a spastically steep angle.

Stock wheels and brakes will fit but need the 11 axle and spacers as it is a tad wider. Maybe a grand all up if sourced at wrecker. To be honest with the forks around now I would spend the extra and get some more modern forks on with custom drop down clamps. Maybe if you can wait 6 months I might be going a different front end and you can by mine which would be a straight bolt on and help me get the $$ quicker.

Razorback
17-03-2006, 09:56 AM
Sounds perfect mate, 6 months would suit me down to the ground with the other money drains I have going right now. Just let me know if you wanna do it.

Razorback
17-03-2006, 09:56 AM
Sounds perfect mate, 6 months would suit me down to the ground with the other money drains I have going right now. Just let me know if you wanna do it.

speeddemon
17-03-2006, 07:58 PM
That sounds like it may all work out. Just keep in touch on that one.

speeddemon
17-03-2006, 07:58 PM
That sounds like it may all work out. Just keep in touch on that one.