PDA

View Full Version : SV1000's rock

Razorback
03-03-2006, 08:34 PM
I was working on the Bandit today and I needed a dust seal for my rear wheel bearings as the old one was just to crappy to bother putting back in. Anyway one of the mechanics at the shop where Im working on it said "take my bike" I said "yeah nice joke, get me all excited". He threw me the keys and with a grin from ear to ear off I went.

His SV(2005) has aftermarket pipes, a PC3r and some other bits and pieces and tuning by Ron Solomon of Balls performance tuning. It was recently dynoed as 138 rwhp and it feels like every horse of it.

Apart from having a very sweet note that gets people looking from 100m up the road it pulls like a catholic school girl on a first date.[:I]

Having ridden a couple of TLR's and never having ridden an SV I tink I prefer the SV, its just beautifully smooth and strong as far as you want to drive it. I couldnt do much in the burbs and the only time I gave it a squirt there was the cops like I summoned them by turning the throttle.... no drama though they just stared as I blew by.... guess they were bike lovers :D

I could almost go for one of these.... [}:)]

http://www.motonet.ca/images/guideachat2005/images/fev/50_SV1000S.jpg

03-03-2006, 08:45 PM
anything built by "Mono Rono" is a weapon

03-03-2006, 08:45 PM
anything built by "Mono Rono" is a weapon

fimpBIKES
03-03-2006, 10:39 PM
aaah, 138rwhp eh?

so the tiller is alive and well beneath a steaming pile of suzuki ECU....

im yet to jump on one, but please
WHEN ARE SUZUKI DOING A PROPER SPORTS VERSION!!!!
none of this underpowered, soft suspension touring crap....

fimpBIKES
03-03-2006, 10:39 PM
aaah, 138rwhp eh?

so the tiller is alive and well beneath a steaming pile of suzuki ECU....

im yet to jump on one, but please
WHEN ARE SUZUKI DOING A PROPER SPORTS VERSION!!!!
none of this underpowered, soft suspension touring crap....

dRRew
04-03-2006, 02:20 PM
good call fimp. when is the number 1 manufacturer of motorcycles going to step it up from half arse with the sv? i wanna big bore...!

dRRew
04-03-2006, 02:20 PM
good call fimp. when is the number 1 manufacturer of motorcycles going to step it up from half arse with the sv? i wanna big bore...!

Stocky
04-03-2006, 10:10 PM
If it's 138 at the back it's had a bit more than a pipe and a PC3 ...

They are way soft for that sort of power but a mate and I stuck a GSXR1000 rear shock in his and some springs and valves in the front and then it was great.

A real sports bike. He had around 122 at the back and the stock tyres were no match for the motor/suspension any more.

It was a real hoot to ride (he sold it now)

138 and Balls tunned would be SWEEEEEET

Stocky
04-03-2006, 10:10 PM
If it's 138 at the back it's had a bit more than a pipe and a PC3 ...

They are way soft for that sort of power but a mate and I stuck a GSXR1000 rear shock in his and some springs and valves in the front and then it was great.

A real sports bike. He had around 122 at the back and the stock tyres were no match for the motor/suspension any more.

It was a real hoot to ride (he sold it now)

138 and Balls tunned would be SWEEEEEET

Frankie
04-03-2006, 11:32 PM
Hey Fimp,
get a Spondon chassis, hehehehehe!

Frankie
04-03-2006, 11:32 PM
Hey Fimp,
get a Spondon chassis, hehehehehe!

fimpBIKES
05-03-2006, 02:41 PM
i hate u.....

fimpBIKES
05-03-2006, 02:41 PM
i hate u.....

cjburns esq
06-03-2006, 01:34 PM
I looked at them originally but the fuel tank is undersized and when I was discussing it with the guys at the wreckers, they said the TLs/SV's were doing the bottom ends and to go for the VTR instead.
just my two bobs worth, and they still sound sweet.

cjburns esq
06-03-2006, 01:34 PM
I looked at them originally but the fuel tank is undersized and when I was discussing it with the guys at the wreckers, they said the TLs/SV's were doing the bottom ends and to go for the VTR instead.
just my two bobs worth, and they still sound sweet.

Razorback
06-03-2006, 02:07 PM
Im not sure what else he had done but the 138 was from the Dyno at the local TAFE about 2 weeks ago. He also has some sort of after market rear suspension work and the ass end just feels like concrete (in a good way) when you rap the power on, no squirming, no suspension travel just power to the deck in a very instantaneous fashion. I cant remember being so impressed on a first ride since I hopped on an 83 Kat for the first time back in 83 when all I had ridden before that was 250's. I didnt crap my pants quite as much as on the Kat but I was sure wide eyed and wide grinned. :D

Razorback
06-03-2006, 02:07 PM
Im not sure what else he had done but the 138 was from the Dyno at the local TAFE about 2 weeks ago. He also has some sort of after market rear suspension work and the ass end just feels like concrete (in a good way) when you rap the power on, no squirming, no suspension travel just power to the deck in a very instantaneous fashion. I cant remember being so impressed on a first ride since I hopped on an 83 Kat for the first time back in 83 when all I had ridden before that was 250's. I didnt crap my pants quite as much as on the Kat but I was sure wide eyed and wide grinned. :D

fimpBIKES
06-03-2006, 06:03 PM
the sv650 motor definitely has issues with the oil pick-up
but im pretty sure that the 1000 engine is a completely different beast

the Sv1000 engine should be pretty stable with 138hp from what i have seen TLR's making

fimpBIKES
06-03-2006, 06:03 PM
the sv650 motor definitely has issues with the oil pick-up
but im pretty sure that the 1000 engine is a completely different beast

the Sv1000 engine should be pretty stable with 138hp from what i have seen TLR's making

svfighter
07-03-2006, 05:54 PM
Hey guys i have a sv1000 naked one (silver) and i have put the motox bars on it,undertail kit,remus pipes,streetfighter headlights and a bit of other shit on it.. i luv it its awesome to ride around town but with the bigger sprocket on the bak it screams abit up the freeway but thats wat the pipes are for arent they..hahahahaha

svfighter
07-03-2006, 05:54 PM
Hey guys i have a sv1000 naked one (silver) and i have put the motox bars on it,undertail kit,remus pipes,streetfighter headlights and a bit of other shit on it.. i luv it its awesome to ride around town but with the bigger sprocket on the bak it screams abit up the freeway but thats wat the pipes are for arent they..hahahahaha

TurboKat
07-03-2006, 07:05 PM
138 RWHP sounds a bit optimistic for a SV, for that kind of output on one of these engines you'd need hi comp pistons, modified cam timing (adj. sprockets) at the least or preferably different profile cams, head porting/flowing, full larger I.D. exhaust system & EFI remapping.
My old TLS had no internal mods but the fuel & (race) exhaust systems were optimised on the dyno & it made 116 hp @ 10,500. I did a lot of research back then & nobody in the world at the time had more than 120 without opening up the engine. There was potential for more power on my bike if I wanted to develop it further (I didn't) - the tell tale being that the HP was still climbing strongly when the limiter cut in, with the A/F ratio spot on, it was clearly showing the limitations of the stock cam timing. I knew of a few guys who had gone the cams/pistons/porting route & ended up with 135 - 140 at the wheel but it cost a lot of bottom end torque - the reason you ride a twin in the first place.
Unfortunately, Ronny Balls has the nickname of Ronny Bullshit & this is from customers who have had work done by him. Ron actually told me once when I queried his mods/power claims, "I don't believe in dynos mate, you don't ride the bike on a dyno do you?" With that sort of attitude, you can imagine the type of clientelle he attracts. [V][xx(]
When Balls used to run ridedays for his customers at Phillip Island, the marshalls reckoned there were more crashes than they'd ever seen before, maybe the fact that they were told they had 180 hp after one of Ron's "tune ups" scared them right off the track? [:o)]

TurboKat
07-03-2006, 07:05 PM
138 RWHP sounds a bit optimistic for a SV, for that kind of output on one of these engines you'd need hi comp pistons, modified cam timing (adj. sprockets) at the least or preferably different profile cams, head porting/flowing, full larger I.D. exhaust system & EFI remapping.
My old TLS had no internal mods but the fuel & (race) exhaust systems were optimised on the dyno & it made 116 hp @ 10,500. I did a lot of research back then & nobody in the world at the time had more than 120 without opening up the engine. There was potential for more power on my bike if I wanted to develop it further (I didn't) - the tell tale being that the HP was still climbing strongly when the limiter cut in, with the A/F ratio spot on, it was clearly showing the limitations of the stock cam timing. I knew of a few guys who had gone the cams/pistons/porting route & ended up with 135 - 140 at the wheel but it cost a lot of bottom end torque - the reason you ride a twin in the first place.
Unfortunately, Ronny Balls has the nickname of Ronny Bullshit & this is from customers who have had work done by him. Ron actually told me once when I queried his mods/power claims, "I don't believe in dynos mate, you don't ride the bike on a dyno do you?" With that sort of attitude, you can imagine the type of clientelle he attracts. [V][xx(]
When Balls used to run ridedays for his customers at Phillip Island, the marshalls reckoned there were more crashes than they'd ever seen before, maybe the fact that they were told they had 180 hp after one of Ron's "tune ups" scared them right off the track? [:o)]

Razorback
07-03-2006, 07:57 PM
Lol Turbo... yeah I have heard those stories. Even the guy that owns the bike (who is a bike mechanic) said he thought it was running rich when he got it back. I was basically going on my experience from my 02/1000 GSXR and comapring the two. Whatever the numbrs are its a bloody nice bike.

Razorback
07-03-2006, 07:57 PM
Lol Turbo... yeah I have heard those stories. Even the guy that owns the bike (who is a bike mechanic) said he thought it was running rich when he got it back. I was basically going on my experience from my 02/1000 GSXR and comapring the two. Whatever the numbrs are its a bloody nice bike.

Gix11
07-03-2006, 09:36 PM
Hey SVFighter. Got any pictures for us mate?

Gix11
07-03-2006, 09:36 PM
Hey SVFighter. Got any pictures for us mate?

svfighter
08-03-2006, 08:58 PM
nah i dont know how to put pictures on the computer,im pretty new to using a computer...

svfighter
08-03-2006, 08:58 PM
nah i dont know how to put pictures on the computer,im pretty new to using a computer...

Gix11
08-03-2006, 09:56 PM
Got a digital camera or a mate with one? Got a camera on your phone or a mate with one? It's all easy mate. Even if you don't know how to put it on here, just email it to me and I'll do it for you. You'll have a mate who can do it for sure, and he can email it if that helps. Come on. How many suggestions do I have to give you? I wanna see this bike!

Gix11
08-03-2006, 09:56 PM
Got a digital camera or a mate with one? Got a camera on your phone or a mate with one? It's all easy mate. Even if you don't know how to put it on here, just email it to me and I'll do it for you. You'll have a mate who can do it for sure, and he can email it if that helps. Come on. How many suggestions do I have to give you? I wanna see this bike!