PDA

View Full Version : Decent Sydney Engine Tuner?

cjburns esq
01-03-2006, 01:59 PM
It's probably been asked before but if anything I am lazy..........
Can anyone reccomend a decent Sydney engine tuner?

chopaweeza
01-03-2006, 02:28 PM
I know several. Where are you located?

chopaweeza
01-03-2006, 02:28 PM
I know several. Where are you located?

chadams
01-03-2006, 10:24 PM
ten tenths are pretty good... but you need to book a fair time ahead...

chadams
01-03-2006, 10:24 PM

chopaweeza
03-03-2006, 06:51 AM
Mick Dyer's shop at Penrith(just around from the wreckers) , Louie at Moorebank M/C's, TJ Auto at Minchbury and Toe at Mt Druitt are all good tuners.

chopaweeza
03-03-2006, 06:51 AM
Mick Dyer's shop at Penrith(just around from the wreckers) , Louie at Moorebank M/C's, TJ Auto at Minchbury and Toe at Mt Druitt are all good tuners.

cjburns esq
03-03-2006, 02:37 PM
quote:Originally posted by chadams

I wouldn't get 3/8th's to change the spark plug in a lawn mower. He built an engine for me in the 90's that went backwards, installed chocolate cams and then told me they were rooted cause the tappets weren't adjusted right (he did it but it was bullshit anyway), shat the oil pump gears after 250 k's and wouldn't cover that either. Gears split down the middle. Bloody pirate and a cheat!
and yes I'm still pissed off after 12 years......

Chopaweeza, I live in the North Shore and work in Liverpool.
I'm after Dynojet kit, remove restrictors, K&N and a 5 degree advancer plus Dyno time for a VTR Firestorm.

cjburns esq
03-03-2006, 02:37 PM
quote:Originally posted by chadams

I wouldn't get 3/8th's to change the spark plug in a lawn mower. He built an engine for me in the 90's that went backwards, installed chocolate cams and then told me they were rooted cause the tappets weren't adjusted right (he did it but it was bullshit anyway), shat the oil pump gears after 250 k's and wouldn't cover that either. Gears split down the middle. Bloody pirate and a cheat!
and yes I'm still pissed off after 12 years......

Chopaweeza, I live in the North Shore and work in Liverpool.
I'm after Dynojet kit, remove restrictors, K&N and a 5 degree advancer plus Dyno time for a VTR Firestorm.

chopaweeza
03-03-2006, 07:43 PM
Well, only TJ's and Dyer's are the two I personally recommend. Louie and Toe are good for the older engines but not up on the new stuff. TJ's & Dyer's are a bit out of the way but they are both good.

10/10th's have a very dirty rep and based on the number of people that share that opinion I'm suprised they are still in business. I've rebuilt an engine that a mate had rebuilt by them less than a week after he got it back. I don't like to slam some elses work but I would never recommend them based exclusively on what I found in that engine.

chopaweeza
03-03-2006, 07:43 PM
Well, only TJ's and Dyer's are the two I personally recommend. Louie and Toe are good for the older engines but not up on the new stuff. TJ's & Dyer's are a bit out of the way but they are both good.

10/10th's have a very dirty rep and based on the number of people that share that opinion I'm suprised they are still in business. I've rebuilt an engine that a mate had rebuilt by them less than a week after he got it back. I don't like to slam some elses work but I would never recommend them based exclusively on what I found in that engine.

hooligan
04-03-2006, 12:29 AM
harley (his name, not a bike)at r&b imports got my carbs up and running after someone else fucked 'em (91 gsxr 750 carbs on a n 87 1100 engine). they were running so rich they'd foul plugs in an hour. Harley had 'em running perfectly in a day.

hooligan
04-03-2006, 12:29 AM
harley (his name, not a bike)at r&b imports got my carbs up and running after someone else fucked 'em (91 gsxr 750 carbs on a n 87 1100 engine). they were running so rich they'd foul plugs in an hour. Harley had 'em running perfectly in a day.