PDA

View Full Version : Begi MR2035 alternatives?

derangedrover
28-04-2007, 10:55 AM
Anyone know of an alternative manufacturer of a stand alone rising rate reg with the same features as the Begi MR2035? Im having trouble getting hold of one and need options.

Thanks
Daryl

Booster
28-04-2007, 02:13 PM
I have a 2025 here s/h but new diaphram and shim.
also a Vortech 6:1 but you would need a std reg for base pressure.

derangedrover
28-04-2007, 05:39 PM
Thanks Booster.
I need a 2035 because my bikes reg is internal in the tank and the fuel rail has no return line. Im going to use a bosch 910 and mod the fuel rail and have the 2035 taking care of the base fuel pressure. Maybe I could use a (suzuki) fuel pressure reg off something else when I mod the rail and the use a 2025, my base fuel pressure is around 40psi.
I emailed Begi and initially got a response and was waiting for them to advise on availability but can't get a response now, its a pain in the arse trying to telephone with time difference etc.

Cheers
Daryl

Zed14
28-04-2007, 05:50 PM
get some carbs and get some sleep.

Booster
29-04-2007, 11:11 AM
You will still need a return line fitted unless you put the new pump and reg in the tank, easiest is a bulkhead fitting like here.
http://www.suzukihayabusa.org/forum/index.php?topic=53265.0

derangedrover
29-04-2007, 05:59 PM
Ok, now I'm confused. If the Busa's have their reg and pump in the tank, and you are doing away with them and running an external pump, how are you using the 2025 reg? Whats setting your base fuel pressure?
I understand the need for a return, just don't understand how you are regulating fuel pressure.

Thanks
Daryl

Booster
29-04-2007, 07:21 PM
Yep new pump &reg, the 2025 sets base fuel pressure and also increases at an adjustable rate (usually ~6:1) boost referenced,
Std pump has not enough flow or pressure for the hp required

The std pump is removed, the std outlet becomes the return and a new higher flow supply is fitted to the tank (efi pumps don't suck well)

Flow thru fuel rail is preferred as dead heading can increase the chances of vaporisation.

derangedrover
29-04-2007, 07:41 PM
I thought the 2025 had to be used with a factory reg controlling off boost fuel pressure and the 2025 chiming in when there was boost?
What base pressure does the 2025 operate at?

Cheers
Daryl

Booster
29-04-2007, 08:24 PM
Adjustable , mine was set at 43 ,
Changed to secondary injector system and don't use a FMU now, just a 1:1 reg
someone put it well on the busa site yesterday, this was using a supplied Powercommander map and datalogging instead of dyno.
This is the only way to use a FMU as the PC can't make boost referenced adjustments to the fuel needs, trouble here is most dyno operaters can't get there head around the FMu and try to do it all on the PC and realy stuff it up:(

"On tuning, my recommendation is to set the FMU and load the map into the PC
Record a few logs and adjust the idle fuel pressure on the FMU to your liking, then run a few more logs.
Then, adjust the rate of rise on the FMU to add/remove fuel as desired.
Lastly, make fine adjustments using the PC software.
That's what worked best for me."