PDA

View Full Version : Z1000 big bore kit

zedder
25-02-2006, 11:47 PM
looking for one...does anyone have any suggestions to source a kit in Australia? Interested in what others have done re engine mods on the z also...done a little research but the most common mods seem to be cosmetic (i.e. fender eliminator & belly pan). Cheers.

BOHEMION
25-02-2006, 11:49 PM
Hi Zedder Welcome to the site champ! Where in Oz are ya? With ya Z questions, maybe Alucard may be able to help ya.

BOHEMION
25-02-2006, 11:49 PM
Hi Zedder Welcome to the site champ! Where in Oz are ya? With ya Z questions, maybe Alucard may be able to help ya.

Gix11
26-02-2006, 10:24 PM
You mean this kind of thing mate: http://www.zpower.com.au/advanced_search_result.php?keywords=big+bore&osCsid=c84b1d206625eea6cb631f86686017dd&x=8&y=9
Oh, and welcome mate.

Gix11
26-02-2006, 10:24 PM
You mean this kind of thing mate: http://www.zpower.com.au/advanced_search_result.php?keywords=big+bore&osCsid=c84b1d206625eea6cb631f86686017dd&x=8&y=9
Oh, and welcome mate.

God
01-03-2006, 04:57 PM
Hey Zedder,

Try Muzzy.

If yer near Melbourne, give the guys at dynoverks a call. They did the work on the Z-thou that was featured in Rapid a couple of months back.

God
01-03-2006, 04:57 PM
Hey Zedder,

Try Muzzy.

If yer near Melbourne, give the guys at dynoverks a call. They did the work on the Z-thou that was featured in Rapid a couple of months back.

zedder
03-03-2006, 10:17 AM
Guys, awesome feedback, love ya work, and many thanks. Sorry for the delay in replying - was flying around the country for a few days (in a plane not on a bike). To answer Bohemion's question, mate am based in Canberra... let you know how this 'little' zed project progresses down the track. Once again fella's, thanks for the leads.

zedder
03-03-2006, 10:17 AM
Guys, awesome feedback, love ya work, and many thanks. Sorry for the delay in replying - was flying around the country for a few days (in a plane not on a bike). To answer Bohemion's question, mate am based in Canberra... let you know how this 'little' zed project progresses down the track. Once again fella's, thanks for the leads.

03-03-2006, 12:17 PM
Gudday Zedder, how's trick's mate?

Another Canberran here, in Weston Creek (working in Civic), running a GPz9.

Let us know if you're interested in a beer or run sometime.

03-03-2006, 12:17 PM
Gudday Zedder, how's trick's mate?

Another Canberran here, in Weston Creek (working in Civic), running a GPz9.

Let us know if you're interested in a beer or run sometime.

zedder
07-03-2006, 10:38 AM
Here is the reply I got from Dynoverks (the pipes referred to are the Leo Vince ones I got with the bike)...for those who are interested that is. Mr Chalk Sir I think you got yourself a drinkin' buddy.

################

We can help you modify the bike in any way you choose. The Z1000 has lots of potential and is a great bike to customize.

The Z1000 you are referring to (the one in Rapid Mag!!!) will be in our workshop from the 8th March until the 21st April having further modifications done to it. It will then be on display at the Melbourne Motorcycle exhibition / show from the 28th April

To start I would suggest you go the next step with the engine by replacing the airfilter with a quality K&N or BMC. That will then probably, in combination with the aftermarket pipes, make you engine run lean. You should consider fitting a Power Commander 111 fitted and the bike properly mapped on a 250i dyno to get the optimum performance.

I am sure just doing the above as a first step, will make your bike smoother and much more responsive to ride.

You can call into our workshop any time at:

2/62 Wadhurst Drive

Boronia

Vic 3155

Or call and ask to speak to Dean: 03-98871655

Regards

Peter

zedder
07-03-2006, 10:38 AM
Here is the reply I got from Dynoverks (the pipes referred to are the Leo Vince ones I got with the bike)...for those who are interested that is. Mr Chalk Sir I think you got yourself a drinkin' buddy.

################

We can help you modify the bike in any way you choose. The Z1000 has lots of potential and is a great bike to customize.

The Z1000 you are referring to (the one in Rapid Mag!!!) will be in our workshop from the 8th March until the 21st April having further modifications done to it. It will then be on display at the Melbourne Motorcycle exhibition / show from the 28th April

To start I would suggest you go the next step with the engine by replacing the airfilter with a quality K&N or BMC. That will then probably, in combination with the aftermarket pipes, make you engine run lean. You should consider fitting a Power Commander 111 fitted and the bike properly mapped on a 250i dyno to get the optimum performance.

I am sure just doing the above as a first step, will make your bike smoother and much more responsive to ride.

You can call into our workshop any time at:

2/62 Wadhurst Drive

Boronia

Vic 3155

Or call and ask to speak to Dean: 03-98871655

Regards

Peter

07-03-2006, 11:44 AM
Hey Zedder, there's a crew doing bike dyno work in Phillip, they also supply Dyno-Jet kits and K&N filters.
B&M Bike Tuning; Phillip ACT 2606; ph: 0412 744 710
I spoke to them yesterday in fact, quoted ~$190 for the jet kit, $550 for kit fitted and dyno'd, or 250 just for a dyno tune, didn't get air pod prices though.
Was thinking about doing it in the next couple of weeks.

You might want to have a chat to
C J & B L Douglas; 2/ 34 Carrington St Queanbeyan NSW 2620; ph: (02) 6297 9259
RE the engine internal work (always prefer to get work done locally if possible)

Let us know when you want and we'll catch up.

07-03-2006, 11:44 AM
Hey Zedder, there's a crew doing bike dyno work in Phillip, they also supply Dyno-Jet kits and K&N filters.
B&M Bike Tuning; Phillip ACT 2606; ph: 0412 744 710
I spoke to them yesterday in fact, quoted ~$190 for the jet kit, $550 for kit fitted and dyno'd, or 250 just for a dyno tune, didn't get air pod prices though.
Was thinking about doing it in the next couple of weeks.

You might want to have a chat to
C J & B L Douglas; 2/ 34 Carrington St Queanbeyan NSW 2620; ph: (02) 6297 9259
RE the engine internal work (always prefer to get work done locally if possible)

Let us know when you want and we'll catch up.

zedder
21-03-2006, 03:10 PM
Hey PH,

did some research (i.e. asking around) about B+M. A bloke I know had a ZX6 racer and 'Brett' from B+M worked the Power Commander magic on it just last weekend. Apparently it is sensational now and he laps 3 seconds better (dunno where tho). This comes from a very trustworthy source.

Will definitely be following up with these guys. Much more convenient...

zedder
21-03-2006, 03:10 PM
Hey PH,

did some research (i.e. asking around) about B+M. A bloke I know had a ZX6 racer and 'Brett' from B+M worked the Power Commander magic on it just last weekend. Apparently it is sensational now and he laps 3 seconds better (dunno where tho). This comes from a very trustworthy source.

Will definitely be following up with these guys. Much more convenient...