PDA

View Full Version : And then there are people that should be shot

chopaweeza
23-02-2006, 06:34 PM
Before work this arvo I chased up a low kilometer GPZ750 turbo.I remember when they first came out and saw it as a possible new project bike to restore. The bike had only done 4000kms in it's first year when the owner got a flat front tyre and parked it under a tarp in his back yard til now. The moisture under the tarp caused an otherwise desirable bike to become a corroded lump. The tank, frame,exhaust & turbo had rusted through, there was no chrome left on the fork tubes, the rims looked like they been underwater for 20 years and the bodywork was was weirdly all warped. The guy wanted $3500 for it. I told him if he gave me $20 I'd take it away. I couldn't detect any parts that were salvagable. That bloke needed shooting. Just beware if a low kilometer GPZ turbo gets advertised around.

Gix11
23-02-2006, 08:17 PM
How could you do that to a bike? What the hell did he but it for? You take the first shot Chop, if that doesn't do it I'll take the second.

Gix11
23-02-2006, 08:17 PM
How could you do that to a bike? What the hell did he but it for? You take the first shot Chop, if that doesn't do it I'll take the second.

fimpBIKES
23-02-2006, 09:14 PM
thats fukkin disgusting!!!

how hard is it to buy a can of fish-oil and a proper fuckin bike cover?!?!?!?
shoot him!!

fimpBIKES
23-02-2006, 09:14 PM
thats fukkin disgusting!!!

how hard is it to buy a can of fish-oil and a proper fuckin bike cover?!?!?!?
shoot him!!

Razorback
24-02-2006, 07:43 AM
Same as the Kat I just offered a guy $2500 for (and I was doing him a favour) It had just been let go to the point that Id consider spending the $2500 on someone to clip him for doing it to the poor bike. :(

Razorback
24-02-2006, 07:43 AM
Same as the Kat I just offered a guy $2500 for (and I was doing him a favour) It had just been let go to the point that Id consider spending the $2500 on someone to clip him for doing it to the poor bike. :(

Benz
24-02-2006, 12:07 PM
Hey Choppa, Do you think the engine internals would have survived?
I have a GPZ 750 turbo,needs primary and camchains, pistons, gearbox. The turbo has been upgraded to ht12, bike was still running hard when it was parked, 3mths ago. Would be great to see the thing back on the road.......even if someone else owns it.

Benz
24-02-2006, 12:07 PM
Hey Choppa, Do you think the engine internals would have survived?
I have a GPZ 750 turbo,needs primary and camchains, pistons, gearbox. The turbo has been upgraded to ht12, bike was still running hard when it was parked, 3mths ago. Would be great to see the thing back on the road.......even if someone else owns it.

chopaweeza
24-02-2006, 04:40 PM
I did a cursor check of the motor. There was solid evidence of water in the engine. I have rarely seen such damage on a bike from storage before. Disgusting. Some poor bastard will buy it I guess but I wasn't exagerating when I said i couldn't find any salvagable parts on it.

chopaweeza
24-02-2006, 04:40 PM
I did a cursor check of the motor. There was solid evidence of water in the engine. I have rarely seen such damage on a bike from storage before. Disgusting. Some poor bastard will buy it I guess but I wasn't exagerating when I said i couldn't find any salvagable parts on it.