PDA

View Full Version : Will it Fit?

Tone
23-02-2006, 05:10 AM
I'm keen on buying some bits from ozkat and was wondering if some of you knowledgable souls could tell me if 89 1100 wheels and discs (front) would fit my 89 750?
Also be interested to hear if the 1100's rear wheel,being an inch wider would fit the 750 also?
Cheers guys

03gixxerpilot
23-02-2006, 09:06 AM
From memery the front should fit in no probs, im not sure if the spacers for them are the same though, check with ozcat he'll be able to tell you what size the spacers are, as for the rear i'm not sure you'd have to check how much clearence you have on the chain and on the link rod that holds your brake caliper in place, you might need to make new spacers for the wheel, and in the chain is a problem ( wont be with the wheel if you using the chush drive etc ) you can put a spacer behind the front sprocket.

03gixxerpilot
23-02-2006, 09:06 AM
From memery the front should fit in no probs, im not sure if the spacers for them are the same though, check with ozcat he'll be able to tell you what size the spacers are, as for the rear i'm not sure you'd have to check how much clearence you have on the chain and on the link rod that holds your brake caliper in place, you might need to make new spacers for the wheel, and in the chain is a problem ( wont be with the wheel if you using the chush drive etc ) you can put a spacer behind the front sprocket.

Gix11
23-02-2006, 11:08 AM
Not definite about the back mate, but the front I am sure about. I have a GSXR7/12 sat in the garage with USD forks which I pulled the wheel out of to fit in my (then) standard RWU GSXR 1100 front end. I then changed the front end for an USD set and the wheel fitted again - pretty much universal mate, no problems.

Gix11
23-02-2006, 11:08 AM
Not definite about the back mate, but the front I am sure about. I have a GSXR7/12 sat in the garage with USD forks which I pulled the wheel out of to fit in my (then) standard RWU GSXR 1100 front end. I then changed the front end for an USD set and the wheel fitted again - pretty much universal mate, no problems.