Large
22-02-2006, 08:37 PM
Errr

Are these
http://img140.imageshack.us/img140/9571/img11887ht.jpg
Standard GSXR1127 Mikuni carbies? Outlet is 36mm and,

http://img64.imageshack.us/img64/8934/img11852cp.jpg
As you can see, the inlet isn't round.

I want to fit them on the Kat this weekend and see if I can get some fuel economy for longer rides. I found this thread about Pod Filters, but I don't want to spend a coupla hunge for filters just for temporary use, and the filters on the Keihins are a bit small to swap over.

http://www.streetfighters.com.au/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=726

MCAS at Parramatta quoted 14.95 each for (metal) 60mm pods, which would prolly do the job, but I can't even find a pic of them on their website and they would have to get them in from their other stores. Has anyone got these? If so are they worth buying?

Also... The Keihins have a push-pull throttle setup, but as far as I can see, the Mikunis are pull only. Will I need anything else for the throttle setup before pulling it all apart?

stevo
22-02-2006, 08:51 PM
push pull to pull ... no probs .... ya just don't hook up the other cable...

And what was the other question?????? I'm a little unclear on what ya after???

stevo
22-02-2006, 08:51 PM

Gix11
22-02-2006, 08:58 PM
As for the very first part - yea mate, they're identical to my '89 GSXR1100 carbs mate.

Gix11
22-02-2006, 08:58 PM
As for the very first part - yea mate, they're identical to my '89 GSXR1100 carbs mate.

22-02-2006, 09:00 PM
36CV's are the best standard carb for 1127 mate.Intake is the same as 38's.you'll notice a "large" return spring in between your centre carbs,therefore they dont need a dual cable setup.an air box with stage 1 filter apparently works well,but fuck that...$14.95 is pretty cheap for a metal pod,but go to Uni-filter @ leighton place,hornsby(if they're still there).foam pods are not as savage on ya jetting as metal pods,and much easier to clean.Go visit Mundy for advice about metal pods,i'm pretty sure he runs em.what model e3ngine is it Lardge[?][?][?]

22-02-2006, 09:00 PM
36CV's are the best standard carb for 1127 mate.Intake is the same as 38's.you'll notice a "large" return spring in between your centre carbs,therefore they dont need a dual cable setup.an air box with stage 1 filter apparently works well,but fuck that...$14.95 is pretty cheap for a metal pod,but go to Uni-filter @ leighton place,hornsby(if they're still there).foam pods are not as savage on ya jetting as metal pods,and much easier to clean.Go visit Mundy for advice about metal pods,i'm pretty sure he runs em.what model e3ngine is it Lardge[?][?][?]

ozkat
22-02-2006, 09:04 PM
yeah look like 36mm i had the same on my 1340 at 178hp.

ozkat
22-02-2006, 09:04 PM
yeah look like 36mm i had the same on my 1340 at 178hp.

22-02-2006, 09:47 PM
chances are if the manifold side measures 36mm,then they are 36mm,chances also are if it has Mikuni on the carb,then they are Mikuni carbs.tHE PLUG ON THE SIDE OF FOTO 1 IS WHERE YOU FIT THE NITROUS JET.ok i'm not yelling anymore.[:X]

22-02-2006, 09:47 PM
chances are if the manifold side measures 36mm,then they are 36mm,chances also are if it has Mikuni on the carb,then they are Mikuni carbs.tHE PLUG ON THE SIDE OF FOTO 1 IS WHERE YOU FIT THE NITROUS JET.ok i'm not yelling anymore.[:X]

Large
22-02-2006, 09:51 PM
quote:Originally posted by stevo

Hi Stevo,

Basically just IDing what I've got.... and I haven't pulled the throttle apart, so I wasn't sure if I can just disconnect one cable at the twist grip...or I have to locate the lower end somewhere the "push" part wont foul on anything...

quote:Originally posted by Gix11

Thanks Gix:)

quote:Originally posted by davo

Is that the Recarb carbi place?(the webber place?)

It's an 1127 of as yet indeterminate years Davo

Large
22-02-2006, 09:51 PM
quote:Originally posted by stevo

Hi Stevo,

Basically just IDing what I've got.... and I haven't pulled the throttle apart, so I wasn't sure if I can just disconnect one cable at the twist grip...or I have to locate the lower end somewhere the "push" part wont foul on anything...

quote:Originally posted by Gix11

Thanks Gix:)

Is that the Recarb carbi place?(the webber place?)

It's an 1127 of as yet indeterminate years Davo

22-02-2006, 09:54 PM
stick the other cable up your arse.

22-02-2006, 09:54 PM
stick the other cable up your arse.

Large
22-02-2006, 09:58 PM
I've heard you could stick a chicken (and possibly even a turducken) up your arse Davo.

Thanks for the original reply though eh:D

Large
22-02-2006, 09:58 PM
I've heard you could stick a chicken (and possibly even a turducken) up your arse Davo.

Thanks for the original reply though eh:D

Large
22-02-2006, 10:08 PM

I DON'T WANT TO HAVE TO ASK THE SAME QUESTION AGAIN AND AGAIN, SO I DID A SEARCH, THEN I ADD AS MUCH INFO AS I CAN TO MY QUESTIONS. I KNOW THAT THEY'RE MIKUNI AND I MEASURED THEM WITH MY DICK WHICH DIDN'T QUITE FIT, SO I GUESSED AT 36mm..[:p]

I don't want to appear like a noob, but my problem is, I start doing my best work on an Saturday arvo, while I'm getting a few drinks in....

By the time 5 oclock comes around, I'm pissed, the shops are shut and I've got nfi how to put it all back together for a sunday ride, so I figure if I ask the stupid questions now, I might be pick up a few tips to make the job easier.

:)

Large
22-02-2006, 10:08 PM

I DON'T WANT TO HAVE TO ASK THE SAME QUESTION AGAIN AND AGAIN, SO I DID A SEARCH, THEN I ADD AS MUCH INFO AS I CAN TO MY QUESTIONS. I KNOW THAT THEY'RE MIKUNI AND I MEASURED THEM WITH MY DICK WHICH DIDN'T QUITE FIT, SO I GUESSED AT 36mm..[:p]

I don't want to appear like a noob, but my problem is, I start doing my best work on an Saturday arvo, while I'm getting a few drinks in....

By the time 5 oclock comes around, I'm pissed, the shops are shut and I've got nfi how to put it all back together for a sunday ride, so I figure if I ask the stupid questions now, I might be pick up a few tips to make the job easier.

:)

22-02-2006, 10:39 PM
No offence meant or taken Lardge. Its not recarb,its Uni-Filter manufacturing warehouse,halfway up the hill on the left hand side.Its been 10 odd years since i lived there but the owner used to live 4 doors down from me when i lived at hornsby.Saved many dollars shoppin direct from warehouse.;)
ASs for your 36mm dick,lets not go there ay:D

22-02-2006, 10:39 PM
No offence meant or taken Lardge. Its not recarb,its Uni-Filter manufacturing warehouse,halfway up the hill on the left hand side.Its been 10 odd years since i lived there but the owner used to live 4 doors down from me when i lived at hornsby.Saved many dollars shoppin direct from warehouse.;)
ASs for your 36mm dick,lets not go there ay:D

Large
22-02-2006, 10:56 PM
I bought a set of Finer Filters for my six pac Charger from them years ago...Google reckons they're still there too.

Thanks Davo

Large
22-02-2006, 10:56 PM
I bought a set of Finer Filters for my six pac Charger from them years ago...Google reckons they're still there too.

Thanks Davo