PDA

View Full Version : Busa 1 - Snake Nil.......

Rich
22-02-2006, 12:30 PM
Well I've dodged big and I mean BIG Roo's on the Barrier Highway, I've dodge stinkin' feral Goats on the Silver City Highway and I've dodged a Wedge Tail Eagle on the Menindee Road (not to mention dumb arse Emu's on all of these roads).

Well today on River Road I flattened a Snake as I was riding at Busa speed. Luckly for me it wasn't a low flying bird.

Reminded me of when Ozkat and I were kids on mini bikes, he had a 70cc and I had a 50cc (those were the days when he had a bigger and quicker bike than myself....) we were in the scrub and he ran over an angry Tiger Snake followed shortly by myself over the Snake. Tiger Snakes don't take kindly to shit I've seen them get two thirds off the ground to have a go at you. Anyway I rode the mini bike all the way back to the shack with my feet up on the tank and a skiddie in my pants.

To good a photo opportunity to pass, raced back home and grabbed the camera.

http://www.streetfighters.com.au/forum/upload/rich1.jpg
http://www.streetfighters.com.au/forum/upload/rich2.jpg

Cheers Rich

Gix11
22-02-2006, 12:40 PM
Nice one Rich. Did your bike finish it off the first time or did you have to do a few re-runs?

Gix11
22-02-2006, 12:40 PM
Nice one Rich. Did your bike finish it off the first time or did you have to do a few re-runs?

Razorback
22-02-2006, 01:15 PM
Looks like a potentially attractive set of hand grips coming up there mate :D

Razorback
22-02-2006, 01:15 PM
Looks like a potentially attractive set of hand grips coming up there mate :D

Rich
22-02-2006, 01:33 PM
Only the one hit Si, 250kg of Busa travelling at well um.... plus me on top (as you can see I'm pretty huge.... (ok, a total of man and machine equalling 315kg)) it was good night Irene in less than a spilt second.

Razor, as I was screwing around on the side on the road the boys from work caught the photo shoot in the making. No snake for hand grips I'm afraid. I have sneaking suspicion the snake is back at work in a certain persons desk drawer [:0]

Cheers Rich

Rich
22-02-2006, 01:33 PM
Only the one hit Si, 250kg of Busa travelling at well um.... plus me on top (as you can see I'm pretty huge.... (ok, a total of man and machine equalling 315kg)) it was good night Irene in less than a spilt second.

Razor, as I was screwing around on the side on the road the boys from work caught the photo shoot in the making. No snake for hand grips I'm afraid. I have sneaking suspicion the snake is back at work in a certain persons desk drawer [:0]

Cheers Rich

BOHEMION
22-02-2006, 02:03 PM
Lock ya Back brake and cut the fukkers in half hhehehe Put the head in ya rear procket with the stand up and cut its head off too. Lots of Tricks in Enduro like that. Make sure the path is clear for other riders

BOHEMION
22-02-2006, 02:03 PM
Lock ya Back brake and cut the fukkers in half hhehehe Put the head in ya rear procket with the stand up and cut its head off too. Lots of Tricks in Enduro like that. Make sure the path is clear for other riders

22-02-2006, 07:49 PM
yep the 'ol dodgey brown snake,kill ya in 3 minutes.You dont look much like Ozkat Rich,i think someone might have hit him with the "ugly stick".[8D]

22-02-2006, 07:49 PM
yep the 'ol dodgey brown snake,kill ya in 3 minutes.You dont look much like Ozkat Rich,i think someone might have hit him with the "ugly stick".[8D]

Rich
22-02-2006, 08:33 PM
Davo, with bait like that you'd reckon Ozkat would swallow the hook and run real hard.... he's a bit quiet isn't he.

Cheers Rich

Rich
22-02-2006, 08:33 PM
Davo, with bait like that you'd reckon Ozkat would swallow the hook and run real hard.... he's a bit quiet isn't he.

Cheers Rich

22-02-2006, 08:42 PM
yeah mate,i think the big "S" might have control of the small stick at the moment.[:0]

22-02-2006, 08:42 PM
yeah mate,i think the big "S" might have control of the small stick at the moment.[:0]

chopaweeza
22-02-2006, 08:59 PM
Snake skin grips are generally very slippery. Thats part of the reason they are used as inlay on leather or chrome grips. There was a fella i knew that imported a set of Shark Skin grips for his harley. Shark Skin is just like sandpaper . He installed them and went on a ride to Brisbane with a group of people from the Hardley Owners Grope. At one of the fuel stops he decided to ride without glovers or jacket for a while. At the next fuel stop the palms of his hands were sanded down and were bleeding. He also had a bad sunburn. He had to cut up a t-shirt to cover the grips to make it to Brissy but by the time he got there his hands were that stuffed he flew back to Sydney and had the bike transported back. I really felt sorry for the poor little bugger- He couldn't have a wank for weeks until his hands healed up.......

chopaweeza
22-02-2006, 08:59 PM
Snake skin grips are generally very slippery. Thats part of the reason they are used as inlay on leather or chrome grips. There was a fella i knew that imported a set of Shark Skin grips for his harley. Shark Skin is just like sandpaper . He installed them and went on a ride to Brisbane with a group of people from the Hardley Owners Grope. At one of the fuel stops he decided to ride without glovers or jacket for a while. At the next fuel stop the palms of his hands were sanded down and were bleeding. He also had a bad sunburn. He had to cut up a t-shirt to cover the grips to make it to Brissy but by the time he got there his hands were that stuffed he flew back to Sydney and had the bike transported back. I really felt sorry for the poor little bugger- He couldn't have a wank for weeks until his hands healed up.......

ozkat
22-02-2006, 09:08 PM
im the good lookin one in the family, its just that Rich is more photogenic than myself. Had Rexie here tonight and he was in the thinkin chair..... he got a few good ideas too.

ozkat
22-02-2006, 09:08 PM
im the good lookin one in the family, its just that Rich is more photogenic than myself. Had Rexie here tonight and he was in the thinkin chair..... he got a few good ideas too.

Alucard
22-02-2006, 09:12 PM
cant tell by the foto looked like a juvi king brown

Alucard
22-02-2006, 09:12 PM
cant tell by the foto looked like a juvi king brown

Large
22-02-2006, 09:32 PM
I've heard you Queenslanders would fuck a brown snake with a festered arsehole...

Is that why Rich is only showing pics of its top?:D

Large
22-02-2006, 09:32 PM
I've heard you Queenslanders would fuck a brown snake with a festered arsehole...

Is that why Rich is only showing pics of its top?:D

22-02-2006, 09:35 PM
most mature browns are about 1 metre long,its rare that 1 grows to king brown.A mate of mine owns a chicken farm up here,his red cattle dog is just built for killing snakes,averages 1 brown a day in winter and looses count in summer.Its his 17th dog in 5 years so i guess the snakes win every so often.

22-02-2006, 09:35 PM
most mature browns are about 1 metre long,its rare that 1 grows to king brown.A mate of mine owns a chicken farm up here,his red cattle dog is just built for killing snakes,averages 1 brown a day in winter and looses count in summer.Its his 17th dog in 5 years so i guess the snakes win every so often.

Rich
22-02-2006, 09:47 PM
Ain't in Queensland Large. I live in a small town called Dareton in NSW, 20k's from Mildura. Besides Ozkat and I are Tasmanians....

Cheers Rich

Rich
22-02-2006, 09:47 PM
Ain't in Queensland Large. I live in a small town called Dareton in NSW, 20k's from Mildura. Besides Ozkat and I are Tasmanians....

Cheers Rich

22-02-2006, 09:52 PM
hows the dude who killed 6 teenagers in Mildura Rich,good fuckin drivin i rekon.;)

22-02-2006, 09:52 PM
hows the dude who killed 6 teenagers in Mildura Rich,good fuckin drivin i rekon.;)

Rich
22-02-2006, 09:58 PM
Davo, I think you'll find they were all good kids. It's a seriously fucked situation.

Rich

Rich
22-02-2006, 09:58 PM
Davo, I think you'll find they were all good kids. It's a seriously fucked situation.

Rich

Large
22-02-2006, 10:18 PM
quote:Originally posted by Rich

Ain't in Queensland Large. I live in a small town called Dareton in NSW, 20k's from Mildura.

Cheers Rich

Sorry mate.

quote: Besides Ozkat and I are Tasmanians....

So...Which one of you guys got to keep the liver?

Sorry mate:D

Large
22-02-2006, 10:18 PM
quote:Originally posted by Rich

Ain't in Queensland Large. I live in a small town called Dareton in NSW, 20k's from Mildura.

Cheers Rich

Sorry mate.

quote: Besides Ozkat and I are Tasmanians....

So...Which one of you guys got to keep the liver?

Sorry mate:D

22-02-2006, 10:29 PM
yeah probly were mate,seems like the driver wasn't so clean too.i just remember how fucked i was as a teenager and how much worse kids are today.I work at schools in my trade quite often and put up with little boys with bid attitudes all the time,so i guess thats where i'm comin from.

22-02-2006, 10:29 PM
yeah probly were mate,seems like the driver wasn't so clean too.i just remember how fucked i was as a teenager and how much worse kids are today.I work at schools in my trade quite often and put up with little boys with bid attitudes all the time,so i guess thats where i'm comin from.

Rich
22-02-2006, 10:43 PM
Know where you coming from Davo, but sometimes it good to have a bit of pause and think the best of kids too.

Cheers Rich

Rich
22-02-2006, 10:43 PM
Know where you coming from Davo, but sometimes it good to have a bit of pause and think the best of kids too.

Cheers Rich

BOHEMION
22-02-2006, 11:51 PM
My bros mate just got off ANY prison time, He was drunk and killed a passenger in a horrific crash. Dont know how that happened

BOHEMION
22-02-2006, 11:51 PM
My bros mate just got off ANY prison time, He was drunk and killed a passenger in a horrific crash. Dont know how that happened

Razorback
23-02-2006, 08:03 AM
Well living in Mildura I can tell you its brought the town to its knees. Most of the people from my work will be off at funerals for the next 5 days and we have 160 employees so that gives you an idea of the scope in a town this size....

Bad bad bad.... :(

Razorback
23-02-2006, 08:03 AM
Well living in Mildura I can tell you its brought the town to its knees. Most of the people from my work will be off at funerals for the next 5 days and we have 160 employees so that gives you an idea of the scope in a town this size....

Bad bad bad.... :(

Rich
23-02-2006, 08:54 AM
Yeah it's terrible thing Razor. The whole of Mildura and surrounding area is grieving. On the night it happened the guys at work were listening to the VIC radio, initially they thought it was a training exercise because of the enormity of it all.

Cheers Rich

Rich
23-02-2006, 08:54 AM
Yeah it's terrible thing Razor. The whole of Mildura and surrounding area is grieving. On the night it happened the guys at work were listening to the VIC radio, initially they thought it was a training exercise because of the enormity of it all.

Cheers Rich

BOHEMION
23-02-2006, 09:39 AM
SO what exactly happened, WAs it an Intentional thing or was is just an out of control car that happened to hit the kids??

BOHEMION
23-02-2006, 09:39 AM
SO what exactly happened, WAs it an Intentional thing or was is just an out of control car that happened to hit the kids??

Razorback
23-02-2006, 11:10 AM
Well the trial hasnt happened yet... and thanks to Newspapers printing this guys entire criminal history there is now talk that he may not be able to be tried in Victoria if at all... Nice one Media..

The story goes that hes was driving with his son on his lap, which probably indicates the kid was steering. They lost control and slid sideways into the group of kids standing on the edge of the road.

No one is suggesting it was anything other than a tragic accident, but as always with these things there was a big element of stupidity involved on the part of the driver.

We know better than most that things happen very quickly on the road and this is just another reminder that your life can go from normal to shit it half a second of lost concentration when cars are invoved.... As riders... we didnt need reminding...

Razorback
23-02-2006, 11:10 AM
Well the trial hasnt happened yet... and thanks to Newspapers printing this guys entire criminal history there is now talk that he may not be able to be tried in Victoria if at all... Nice one Media..

The story goes that hes was driving with his son on his lap, which probably indicates the kid was steering. They lost control and slid sideways into the group of kids standing on the edge of the road.

No one is suggesting it was anything other than a tragic accident, but as always with these things there was a big element of stupidity involved on the part of the driver.

We know better than most that things happen very quickly on the road and this is just another reminder that your life can go from normal to shit it half a second of lost concentration when cars are invoved.... As riders... we didnt need reminding...