PDA

View Full Version : T-Shirt comp winner yet?

zx12argh
26-04-2007, 01:16 PM
Hey Si, not that you haven't got enough to do but any progress on the T-Shirt comp yet? [8D]

Gix11
26-04-2007, 01:24 PM
Ah yea, there's a reason for that. What with the AFR shirt coming into play as an annual thing I'm not sure there is room for another slogan shirts as well. There is not enough people buying shirts on the website to sustain both and I think the AFR shirts might win over the annual shirt thing. I'm sorry if I let anyone down. Do you not agree that the AFR shirts leave more scope and will entice attendees also? My marketing skills are zero by the way. An annual Vizman shirt sounds like the future plus I have a shit load of the standard 3 shirts to move before I take any more stock on board.

pt
26-04-2007, 01:50 PM
yeah. and if everyone wants a slogan comp it can fit somewhere on the AFR shirt?

zx12argh
26-04-2007, 04:17 PM
Yeah thats not a bad idea - tho how about giving those of us unable to make the fools run a chance to buy the shirts after the event... or have a limited edition run for those on the fools run and slightly different shirt for everyone else who wants to pose.
Like me.

Black shirt for attendees and blue shirt for over the net buyers (or pink? [:p])

Cruisecontrol
26-04-2007, 04:58 PM
Fools Run shirts are exactly that.

If anyone is that keen for a an ASF shirt then there are several choices readily available to any that want them.

zx12argh
26-04-2007, 05:43 PM
Yeah I agree with you on the basis that there are new shirts coming for people who cant make it, thats not really the case now.

Doesn't really matter much to me now - I'll be there next year no worries but I'm sure there are members who have already bought merchandise and can't make it to the AFR.

But I guess its a small group and you have to draw the line somewhere - its all down to Si and whats really profitable for the forum. No point making shirts that aren't going to sell.

Jockney Rebel
26-04-2007, 06:03 PM
on a slightly different note ive noticed other forums doin group buys for stuff any demand for that dy reckon
reason i ask is im currently doin a yacht shop and the bloke is well into doin experimental grp body work etc ..just a thot

zx12argh
26-04-2007, 08:16 PM
I know ozsportbikes do group buys on power commanders... get them almost $100 off retail.

26-04-2007, 08:21 PM
There's been a couple of attempts at group buys on here (frames, Fimp tried to get a group buy on body work, etc), but they don't seem to have had much response. A lot of the problem is, I dare say, that we ride such a diversity of bikes, with a diversity of mods in mind.

Gix11
26-04-2007, 09:25 PM
As Chalky says, the group buy thing came up a few times. The thing with what we do makes for expensive gear and not everyone has the money for such gear. The next besy thing is the dealers who are willing to give us a discount as members (all the full members know of these guys). I am just about to add another one as well guys - courtesy of Davo. Check the members area in the next few days.

Hillsy
27-04-2007, 09:23 AM
Also with the group buy thing, streetfighters are a bit more individual and DIY than your UJM sportsbike - meaning we don't necessarily want the same parts on our bikes. Along with the high costs of SF bling parts, that makes it harder to get a group buy happening.

zx12argh
27-04-2007, 09:28 AM
Sounds like probably the closet thing this forum could get agreement on is billet alluminium and stainless steel...

I do know where we can get 4 tonne billet alluminium 320mm in diameter if anyone is interested [:p]