PDA

View Full Version : Oil Leak Problem-ATTN Stevo serious help needed

BOHEMION
19-02-2006, 08:16 PM
Ok I have found the problem and I am fully mind fuked about it.

http://www.streetfighters.com.au/forum/upload/3097939745964.JPG

Ok the leak is behind the slave but is leaking engine oil when the motor is on.

The oil comes out around this rod when the motor is on and the slave device slips onto it
http://www.streetfighters.com.au/forum/upload/3097939729049.JPG

http://www.streetfighters.com.au/forum/upload/3097939725543.JPG
It is leaking from the small hole on the right

http://www.streetfighters.com.au/forum/upload/3097939749326.JPG

Okay so when I slip the device onto this rode that small hole is still allowed to freely leak oil as there is no cover, gasket or anything. AS you can see when the device is slipped on the small hole just goes over that Hex bolt??? What does this hole do?? and why is it allowed to free stand with no cover or anything?? If anyone has experience with this Ducati part/s Ive really appreciate your help, will equal beers at the Fools run :D:D

Cheers all

19-02-2006, 08:55 PM
to me it looks lioke an oilm feed hole to lubricate the slave piston against the push rod.the hole in the gasket seems to be very close to the edge as oposed to the area surface of the crank case feeder hole.either its missing a bit of the gasket or its a monotorque gasket that someone has reused.there is no sign of the gasket surface area touching the oil feeder on the case which looks suss too.I'd be checkin the ducati microfiche to see if that gasket should be like that,just looks wrong to me,you can also try spuinnin it clocwise a bit so the holes line up better.comparing foto 2 n 3 its in the wrong spot[:0]

19-02-2006, 08:55 PM
to me it looks lioke an oilm feed hole to lubricate the slave piston against the push rod.the hole in the gasket seems to be very close to the edge as oposed to the area surface of the crank case feeder hole.either its missing a bit of the gasket or its a monotorque gasket that someone has reused.there is no sign of the gasket surface area touching the oil feeder on the case which looks suss too.I'd be checkin the ducati microfiche to see if that gasket should be like that,just looks wrong to me,you can also try spuinnin it clocwise a bit so the holes line up better.comparing foto 2 n 3 its in the wrong spot[:0]

Large
19-02-2006, 10:25 PM
What davo said about lining up the holes. Plus it looks like it could use an Oring where it's sposed to seal the oil feed

Large
19-02-2006, 10:25 PM
What davo said about lining up the holes. Plus it looks like it could use an Oring where it's sposed to seal the oil feed

BOHEMION
20-02-2006, 12:20 AM
dosn't make sence to me. I will find out more from a GOOD ducati bloke up at Noosa

BOHEMION
20-02-2006, 12:20 AM
dosn't make sence to me. I will find out more from a GOOD ducati bloke up at Noosa

stevo
20-02-2006, 10:35 AM
What model Duc??? I had an '02 900SS but never touched anything like that on it ... it ony had 7777 kays on it when I sold it..

Got a customer that's got a 600 monster but I haven;t had ta pull the clutch off that yet either...

Are ya sure it's oil??? 'cos that hole looks like a tell tale for a leaky clutch slave seal..

Does the oil come out when the motor is run with that off??? and if so is it only from the clutch pushrod or from the other hole???

from the clutch pushrod isn't an issue as that orange O-ring should seal that one .... get a new O=ring .....

if it's from the other hole then ya got me fucked at the moment....'cos I can't see what that does.. can ya get a better/clearer photo of the case where the other hole is

stevo
20-02-2006, 10:35 AM
What model Duc??? I had an '02 900SS but never touched anything like that on it ... it ony had 7777 kays on it when I sold it..

Got a customer that's got a 600 monster but I haven;t had ta pull the clutch off that yet either...

Are ya sure it's oil??? 'cos that hole looks like a tell tale for a leaky clutch slave seal..

Does the oil come out when the motor is run with that off??? and if so is it only from the clutch pushrod or from the other hole???

from the clutch pushrod isn't an issue as that orange O-ring should seal that one .... get a new O=ring .....

if it's from the other hole then ya got me fucked at the moment....'cos I can't see what that does.. can ya get a better/clearer photo of the case where the other hole is

20-02-2006, 07:34 PM
it only leaks when the motor is running(oil pressure).its deffinately there to lubricate the rod against the piston.look at the alignment of the bolt holes in picture 2 compared with picture 3,its deffinately a few degree's out and being such a fine line with little cover on that gasket near the hole thats gota be the problem.there's summin wrong about that gasket,even Ducati wouldnt be dumb enough to give an oil gallery hole so little cover from the edge of a gasket

20-02-2006, 07:34 PM
it only leaks when the motor is running(oil pressure).its deffinately there to lubricate the rod against the piston.look at the alignment of the bolt holes in picture 2 compared with picture 3,its deffinately a few degree's out and being such a fine line with little cover on that gasket near the hole thats gota be the problem.there's summin wrong about that gasket,even Ducati wouldnt be dumb enough to give an oil gallery hole so little cover from the edge of a gasket

BOHEMION
20-02-2006, 07:35 PM
Will try and get a better picci in day light tomorrow. But now some FUKTART backed into my bike in my own driveway and knocked her over. Broke my cutch lever and dented my tank and fuked my gear shifter. Cunt just drove off. Never ending story, Think the Jap sports bike Gods are punishing me for having a Duke....

BOHEMION
20-02-2006, 07:35 PM
Will try and get a better picci in day light tomorrow. But now some FUKTART backed into my bike in my own driveway and knocked her over. Broke my cutch lever and dented my tank and fuked my gear shifter. Cunt just drove off. Never ending story, Think the Jap sports bike Gods are punishing me for having a Duke....

stevo
20-02-2006, 07:52 PM
bugger ......... Duc levers are dear too ...

Did ya get the pricks plate????

stevo
20-02-2006, 07:52 PM
bugger ......... Duc levers are dear too ...

Did ya get the pricks plate????

BOHEMION
20-02-2006, 08:21 PM
No had the nextdoors kid knocking on the door to tell me its laid over

BOHEMION
20-02-2006, 08:21 PM
No had the nextdoors kid knocking on the door to tell me its laid over

Gix11
20-02-2006, 09:16 PM
You ain't having a good run are ya Boh?

Gix11
20-02-2006, 09:16 PM
You ain't having a good run are ya Boh?

BOHEMION
20-02-2006, 09:26 PM
Hell no, had enough!

BOHEMION
20-02-2006, 09:26 PM
Hell no, had enough!

Rich
20-02-2006, 09:52 PM
Go off mate, knocked over in your own drive way. I bet your filthy, I hope your luck changes.

Cheers Rich

Rich
20-02-2006, 09:52 PM
Go off mate, knocked over in your own drive way. I bet your filthy, I hope your luck changes.

Cheers Rich

BOHEMION
21-02-2006, 08:14 AM
Cheers mate, Yeah its 24 hours after and I'm still heaps pissed off

BOHEMION
21-02-2006, 08:14 AM
Cheers mate, Yeah its 24 hours after and I'm still heaps pissed off