PDA

View Full Version : engine rebuild

ozpete01
26-04-2007, 11:37 AM
Hi guys, now i in victoria, does anyone know of a good engine builder in the eastern area? boronia, ferntree gully, dandenong? that sort of area, viffer engine needs a full rebuild, and not knowing anyone down here i dont have a clue where to go? all help appreciated guys, thanks. Pete

gixkat
26-04-2007, 03:20 PM
gday, pete, welcome to the sunshine state (hey it hasn't rained for six months)balls high performance are good mate although they are in sunshine in the west,jump on the ring road and your there in half an hour, otherwise some of the other blokes here might come up with something,although high performance and Honda sounds like an oxymoron, (look it up), just kidding mate good luck.
cheers, Gixkat.

Deano
26-04-2007, 05:47 PM
thats a tuff on mate. everyone will charge like a wounded bull. get yourself a manual and do it your self. thats what i did.
its that easy

26-04-2007, 07:22 PM
Yeah, they all equate viffer with xmas bonus style money pit, unless you're a real gumby on the tools do it yourself. You might even be able to get some of the local guys to give a hand on the more difficult bits.

ozpete01
26-04-2007, 07:26 PM
damn, was working on bout 3000 for the topend rebuild and forks to be done as well, believe me, i am the first to say me and bike engines arent friends. as well as fuck all tools. [:o)] <

TurboKat
26-04-2007, 09:13 PM
If you want the best & are prepared to pay for it then you can't go past PTR (Phil Tainton Racing) in Wantirna.
If it's just a basic freshen up then any half decent M/C mech. can do it, & if you're gunna take Deano's advice & try it yourself, double check everything 3 times, attention to detail is your best friend when building engines - that & a workshop Manuel.

27-04-2007, 09:03 AM
My oil burner is still 4sale at $3000:Dbolt it in,plug it up
INSTANT chain pull[^](no waiting)

ozpete01
27-04-2007, 05:56 PM
what year model mundy? might be tempted. what sort of work been done to it? email me and i give you a call if you like