PDA

View Full Version : Insurance.

ozkat
15-02-2006, 05:55 PM
I wasnt real sure where to post this but here it is. Ive been hunting around for comprehensive insurance for my Katana. Suncorp quoted me $786 per year for market value. Market value from them was $1800. Next was Swann insurance, they quoted $840 per year for market value but wouldnt tell me what market value was. RACQ wont insure bikes. I rang a broker here and the cheapest quote was $1100, at market value of $1500, what a fuckin joke. I then rang Shannons because i have my Brock Commodore insured with them at a very reasonable price. I told them about the mods done, forks, brakes, wheels, 7/11 swap etc, no problem they insure modified bikes. Shannons classed it as a lightly modified bike. the Quote they gave me was $320 per year or $26.67 per month..... What a fuckin bargin. This inc $1500 riding gear ins, $1000 pilion gear ins, insured at rider training days, my choice of repairer or i can repair it myself, lifetime garrentee on repairs, if the bike is written off i keep the wreck. Also the agreed value of my bike is $10000 and they suggested that. I suppose a few things went in my favor tho, no driving offences in the last five years, bike is kept in a locked garage, not ridden everyday ( i told them i ride 3 or 4 times a week), im 40 years old, even being a member here was classed as being a member of an enthusiest bike club, i have the max no claim bonus and rating 1. i suppose everyone is different but if your looking for insurance id say give Shannons a chance to quote, tell them the truth and you might be suprised.

Tony Nitrous
15-02-2006, 06:09 PM
I have heard nothing but good about them on several Forums
and lists. As long as its garaged and not used as an everyday
ride to work bike they seem to be the way to go.
They will hear from me at renewal.

Tony.J.

Tony Nitrous
15-02-2006, 06:09 PM
I have heard nothing but good about them on several Forums
and lists. As long as its garaged and not used as an everyday
ride to work bike they seem to be the way to go.
They will hear from me at renewal.

Tony.J.

fimpBIKES
15-02-2006, 06:50 PM
im thinking shannons for the tiller and getting a run-about for the daily commute

those market values sucked balls!!!

fimpBIKES
15-02-2006, 06:50 PM
im thinking shannons for the tiller and getting a run-about for the daily commute

those market values sucked balls!!!

ozkat
15-02-2006, 07:07 PM
Get this one tho, one of the insurers from the broker (AAMI i think) quoted $1150 to cover a GSX1100 and $1350 to cover a GSX1100S for a market value of $1500 .... big difference in premium price but no difference in market value.

ozkat
15-02-2006, 07:07 PM
Get this one tho, one of the insurers from the broker (AAMI i think) quoted $1150 to cover a GSX1100 and $1350 to cover a GSX1100S for a market value of $1500 .... big difference in premium price but no difference in market value.

Tony Nitrous
15-02-2006, 07:24 PM
Guy on the Busa forum listed EVERYTHING he had done to
his Busa, and it was a good list! something like 52 seperate
mods. Shannons OK'd every single one, under cut every other
company, then told him he could pay by the month at no extra charge!

Everyone seems impressed [8D]

Tony.J.

Tony Nitrous
15-02-2006, 07:24 PM
Guy on the Busa forum listed EVERYTHING he had done to
his Busa, and it was a good list! something like 52 seperate
mods. Shannons OK'd every single one, under cut every other
company, then told him he could pay by the month at no extra charge!

Everyone seems impressed [8D]

Tony.J.

15-02-2006, 07:37 PM
9mm Gloc is the cheapest insurance policy.only 75 cents per bullet if ya make your own.:D

9mm Gloc is the cheapest insurance policy.only 75 cents per bullet if ya make your own.:D

Razorback
Great information THANKS. I wanna comprehensively insure the Bandit as soon as it hits the road, too much work and money has gone into it not to.

Razorback
Great information THANKS. I wanna comprehensively insure the Bandit as soon as it hits the road, too much work and money has gone into it not to.

KRASH
15-02-2006, 08:26 PM
I couldn't get insurance for the bike after trying all types of options (except Shannons dohhh!!!) and my uncle owns an insurance broking company... it came down to the driving history thing.
I have lost a few licences, but all offences were in cars,didn't have a single one on a bike. and it didn't make a rats arse difference for cover.... But they were happy to still cover my car!!
I told them to belt it up their arse and changed covers (But still no bike cover) So now my 62 year old mother( who so happens to have an open bike licence) now owns a fightered Gix K1, And how cool is she... she even lets me ride it:D They didn't believe her that it was hers.. so she said "Would you like me to ride down there and show you" but they said that wouldn't be nessasery(There is a GOD)[:o)][:o)]

KRASH
15-02-2006, 08:26 PM
I couldn't get insurance for the bike after trying all types of options (except Shannons dohhh!!!) and my uncle owns an insurance broking company... it came down to the driving history thing.
I have lost a few licences, but all offences were in cars,didn't have a single one on a bike. and it didn't make a rats arse difference for cover.... But they were happy to still cover my car!!
I told them to belt it up their arse and changed covers (But still no bike cover) So now my 62 year old mother( who so happens to have an open bike licence) now owns a fightered Gix K1, And how cool is she... she even lets me ride it:D They didn't believe her that it was hers.. so she said "Would you like me to ride down there and show you" but they said that wouldn't be nessasery(There is a GOD)[:o)][:o)]

11GSX
15-02-2006, 10:05 PM
Ive had insurance with shannons and also made a claim on a modified ute i had! they were more than professional and i did not have any problems with making the claim! they were great!

11GSX
15-02-2006, 10:05 PM
Ive had insurance with shannons and also made a claim on a modified ute i had! they were more than professional and i did not have any problems with making the claim! they were great!

Frankie
16-02-2006, 12:36 PM
Shite,
why didn't I knew about that a week ago. I just renewed for a Year....

Frankie

Frankie
16-02-2006, 12:36 PM
Shite,
why didn't I knew about that a week ago. I just renewed for a Year....

Frankie

Rich
21-02-2006, 10:39 AM
When you ring Shannons and get to talk to an operator for a quote one of their first questions is how often do you ride the bike. If it's more than twice a week they'll knock you back straight away.

I'll ring again tomorrow as I now only ride twice a week....

Cheers Rich

Rich
21-02-2006, 10:39 AM
When you ring Shannons and get to talk to an operator for a quote one of their first questions is how often do you ride the bike. If it's more than twice a week they'll knock you back straight away.

I'll ring again tomorrow as I now only ride twice a week....

Cheers Rich

fimpBIKES
21-02-2006, 11:37 AM
rich, get a veypor....
or a spare set of clocks ;)

fimpBIKES
21-02-2006, 11:37 AM
rich, get a veypor....
or a spare set of clocks ;)