PDA

View Full Version : cutting a can....

Jockney Rebel
25-04-2007, 11:25 PM
wheres the best place to cut a can down the exit end or the header end

Iceman
26-04-2007, 12:05 AM
I dont think it really matters, either way you have to re-attach and end cap and the insides should be similar at both ends.

Jockney Rebel
26-04-2007, 12:09 AM
cheers ice just got an rs3 yoshi can im gonna attack with a cut off saw he he he i just thot maybe one end of the baffle was welded on or summat

chopiesel
26-04-2007, 01:15 AM
i gut the bottom half of mine down as i wanted to keep the badges, rs3 are pretty easy to do. just turn the welder all the way down when you weld the perforated tube back together.

EXBEN
26-04-2007, 08:48 AM
quote:frankenbiker Posted - 26 Apr 2007 : 00:09:27
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
cheers ice just got an rs3 yoshi can im gonna attack with a cut off saw he he he i just thot maybe one end of the baffle was welded on or summat
The perforated tube is usually welded to the header end.
Don't be tempted to just cut the whole thing with the cutoff wheel.
You should dissasemble the can first. The perforated tube usually needs to be longer than the outer sleeve.
Have you looked here Jim ?
http://www.streetfighters.com.au/ASF_HT_shor_can.asp

chopiesel
26-04-2007, 09:47 AM
on the yosh rs3 the perf tub is attached to the outlet end of the can and simply slides into the header end so its pretty easy, all i did was then cut the same amount out of it as i did with the outer casing, then i just sat the end cap in a little bit so i could still see the rivet holes to mark them on the casing. i then pushed it in and kept it in there while drilling so the thin outer wall would be solid while drilling.

Jockney Rebel
26-04-2007, 05:54 PM
quote:Originally posted by EXBEN

quote:frankenbiker Posted - 26 Apr 2007 : 00:09:27
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The perforated tube is usually welded to the header end.
Don't be tempted to just cut the whole thing with the cutoff wheel.
You should dissasemble the can first. The perforated tube usually needs to be longer than the outer sleeve.
Have you looked here Jim ?
http://www.streetfighters.com.au/ASF_HT_shor_can.asp
ta ben..ill have a look at that... i was gonna take it to bits first anyway ..im not that much of an animal lol:D

Jockney Rebel
26-04-2007, 05:55 PM
cheers boys ..i just have to wait for me new headers now and we re away