PDA

View Full Version : Anyone want to expand the ASF community?

Gix11
14-02-2006, 01:17 PM
It'll cost money and it will have to happen fast. I can't afford it off my own back at the moment but I got this email earlier:

"Were looking to bind in an A4 sticker sheet next issue. There will be eight stickers on it in total – all the same size. We will tip the
sheet on to all of our 20,000 print run.
Cost is $800 per full colour sticker/company or logo and that is cost
price – we're not adding any extra to that. If you're interested let me know as orders go in on Thursday if I want to do it. (Sorry about the late notice but we've only just been offered this great opportunity).

Jeff Ware
Editor/Publisher
Rapid Bikes magazine"

I usually let these things go but I thought it only fair I share the emails with you guys as we are ASF. Whether we can scrape money like that together, or whether we'll even be fast enought to be one of the eight are two separate things, but there it is in black and white if you want to make a comment. After Oz's RAPID BIKES comments recently I'm not expecting to much of a respone, but you never know? Let me know your thoughts........

03gixxerpilot
14-02-2006, 01:33 PM
Gix Im happy to contribut some dollars towards the cost

03gixxerpilot
14-02-2006, 01:33 PM
Gix Im happy to contribut some dollars towards the cost

Razorback
14-02-2006, 04:09 PM
Im happy to contribute... however Im not sure mainstream exposure of that level is required. I guess it depends on where you want this thing to go

Razorback
14-02-2006, 04:09 PM
Im happy to contribute... however Im not sure mainstream exposure of that level is required. I guess it depends on where you want this thing to go

Deano
14-02-2006, 04:28 PM
me too

Deano
14-02-2006, 04:28 PM
me too

BOHEMION
14-02-2006, 04:39 PM
Mate I can give what I can

BOHEMION
14-02-2006, 04:39 PM
Mate I can give what I can

Gix11
14-02-2006, 04:46 PM
I'm not 100% sure we should do it either. It was just there and I thought I'd get your opinions rather than through it to the way side as normal. I benefit in no way from this other than bringing more people to the site and making our meetings, events and knowledge bank bigger.

Gix11
14-02-2006, 04:46 PM
I'm not 100% sure we should do it either. It was just there and I thought I'd get your opinions rather than through it to the way side as normal. I benefit in no way from this other than bringing more people to the site and making our meetings, events and knowledge bank bigger.

fimpBIKES
14-02-2006, 05:26 PM
i like it cosy

the fact thAT im here proves that you already have too many wankers :D

fimpBIKES
14-02-2006, 05:26 PM
i like it cosy

the fact thAT im here proves that you already have too many wankers :D

03gixxerpilot
14-02-2006, 06:34 PM
I'm with fimp, we got a great little comunity and i dont think that it been over run by people that are not genuinly intrested in streetfighters is where i would want to go, but its up to you gix and i'll support this site and you how ever possibly.

03gixxerpilot
14-02-2006, 06:34 PM
I'm with fimp, we got a great little comunity and i dont think that it been over run by people that are not genuinly intrested in streetfighters is where i would want to go, but its up to you gix and i'll support this site and you how ever possibly.

14-02-2006, 06:43 PM
OK[:X]lets hit the rewind button & see wot went on last year[:I]
The Inaugural "Fools run " I contacted Jeff & after a few e`mails not much occoured[8)]
Now we have grown & so has RAPID:D,so Gix,is there a reason why Jeff or Froz should not be at the 2nd fools run[?]
I am buiding the LAST bike I am eva! & I dearly want it to be there at the ride[^] but,my effort(as will Ben will appreach) may wait untill next year;)

14-02-2006, 06:43 PM
OK[:X]lets hit the rewind button & see wot went on last year[:I]
The Inaugural "Fools run " I contacted Jeff & after a few e`mails not much occoured[8)]
Now we have grown & so has RAPID:D,so Gix,is there a reason why Jeff or Froz should not be at the 2nd fools run[?]
I am buiding the LAST bike I am eva! & I dearly want it to be there at the ride[^] but,my effort(as will Ben will appreach) may wait untill next year;)

Gix11
14-02-2006, 07:46 PM
I'm hearing ya Mundy. I approached them a few months back with just a simple links exchange idea. Within a day I had all their logos and details and put them up for them. To date we had nothing in return. (As it happens, after the hack we lost the link anyway, but as a consequence I haven't bothered replacing it). Does anyone want to contact them and let them know about The Fools Run? I know Ben knows them and Mundy does as well from memory, but what do you think? I also think the general concensus is forget this idea for the sticker and we'll aim at this year's Gold Coast Bike Show. I already have many offers of support from a load of guys on here and think we should make it our first big appearance. If anyone else is keen to participate (show thier bikes - man the stand - talk the shit) show your interest as it will be October before you know it and we can have it fully prepared. Suggestions other than "get some more t-shirts" are warmly welcomed also.

By the way, it would be good to see that bike at the Run Sean. Give it your best shot mate.

Gix11
14-02-2006, 07:46 PM
I'm hearing ya Mundy. I approached them a few months back with just a simple links exchange idea. Within a day I had all their logos and details and put them up for them. To date we had nothing in return. (As it happens, after the hack we lost the link anyway, but as a consequence I haven't bothered replacing it). Does anyone want to contact them and let them know about The Fools Run? I know Ben knows them and Mundy does as well from memory, but what do you think? I also think the general concensus is forget this idea for the sticker and we'll aim at this year's Gold Coast Bike Show. I already have many offers of support from a load of guys on here and think we should make it our first big appearance. If anyone else is keen to participate (show thier bikes - man the stand - talk the shit) show your interest as it will be October before you know it and we can have it fully prepared. Suggestions other than "get some more t-shirts" are warmly welcomed also.

By the way, it would be good to see that bike at the Run Sean. Give it your best shot mate.

Tony Nitrous
14-02-2006, 08:08 PM
quote: If anyone else is keen to participate (show thier bikes - man the stand - talk the shit) show your interest as it will be October before you know it and we can have it fully prepared. Suggestions other than "get some more t-shirts" are warmly welcomed also.

Not sure my bike is up to being "on show" pretty stock :(
Will see what i've got / done by then.
Ellie has lot's of plans for her SV so maybe it would show the small bike / femail's bike.
I will have a chat to Ash (unless he's reading this) about putting
his Spondon back together.
I enjoyed last years, so, yeah, Dont mind helping out, chuck in a few dollars if need be, drink beer, talk shit, sell shirts etc.
(To be honest, it means I can get pissed and not have to ride home ;))

OzKat was the star of last years show [8D]
THAT'S how to get Streetfighters noticed :D

How about a ASF Dyno shoot-out ?
A few bikes screaming on the dyno putting out some numbers that put
the 2-pot tractors to shame would be a good advert for ASF.
(or is it just down to me and Huddo again ;))

Tony.J.

Tony Nitrous
14-02-2006, 08:08 PM
quote: If anyone else is keen to participate (show thier bikes - man the stand - talk the shit) show your interest as it will be October before you know it and we can have it fully prepared. Suggestions other than "get some more t-shirts" are warmly welcomed also.

Not sure my bike is up to being "on show" pretty stock :(
Will see what i've got / done by then.
Ellie has lot's of plans for her SV so maybe it would show the small bike / femail's bike.
I will have a chat to Ash (unless he's reading this) about putting
his Spondon back together.
I enjoyed last years, so, yeah, Dont mind helping out, chuck in a few dollars if need be, drink beer, talk shit, sell shirts etc.
(To be honest, it means I can get pissed and not have to ride home ;))

OzKat was the star of last years show [8D]
THAT'S how to get Streetfighters noticed :D

How about a ASF Dyno shoot-out ?
A few bikes screaming on the dyno putting out some numbers that put
the 2-pot tractors to shame would be a good advert for ASF.
(or is it just down to me and Huddo again ;))

Tony.J.

Frankie
14-02-2006, 08:26 PM
Gents,

I'd like to give an example of what had happen elsewhere. Where Streetfighting is much more popular than here in Oz (for now).
They are Forums open to the public, supported by an National Streetfighter Magazine. Every men and his dog making, sometimes, "very questionable" comments. In other words a lot of Tossers are there.
Thats why the Hardcore decided to set up a proffessional Forum. Which cost about $40,- per annum. The reasons: To keep the wanking public away. Therefore only people who are realy keen are joining.
As a result, one can affort a real good Forum where for eg. special reports are getting written up. And a good setup, as in the "internet infastructure". Or to finance the annual pissup ect. Mind you they have 1500 members and not 250....

I learnt more, in a very short time, in this particular Forum about bikes and Streetfighting, than I possibly will by reading a "main stream" Magazine. (I will pay my fees next Year again. It is still cheaper than bying a Year worth of Mags). Because the Press has always to look after they financial situation (as discussed earlier). Therefore, Magazins will have to satisfy a variety of interests, other than a purpouse internet Forum, naturally. (And they always will have the usual "new bike shootout crap, GSXR vs R1 on the Racetrack; shit". Give me a farcking break!!). I believe, that we should not rely on a Mag, and to wish they will cover whatever we like to see or read.
Furthermore, the Streetfighting Forum supports itself and is free of all the stringes (bullshit) attached.

I just thought that we might take this opportunity to learn from others who have been there. Which ever way....

Offcourse, it would be nice to see more Streetfighters around. But to which costs? On the other hand you can not stop the progress.
I leave it like that.

Frankie

Frankie
14-02-2006, 08:26 PM
Gents,

I'd like to give an example of what had happen elsewhere. Where Streetfighting is much more popular than here in Oz (for now).
They are Forums open to the public, supported by an National Streetfighter Magazine. Every men and his dog making, sometimes, "very questionable" comments. In other words a lot of Tossers are there.
Thats why the Hardcore decided to set up a proffessional Forum. Which cost about $40,- per annum. The reasons: To keep the wanking public away. Therefore only people who are realy keen are joining.
As a result, one can affort a real good Forum where for eg. special reports are getting written up. And a good setup, as in the "internet infastructure". Or to finance the annual pissup ect. Mind you they have 1500 members and not 250....

I learnt more, in a very short time, in this particular Forum about bikes and Streetfighting, than I possibly will by reading a "main stream" Magazine. (I will pay my fees next Year again. It is still cheaper than bying a Year worth of Mags). Because the Press has always to look after they financial situation (as discussed earlier). Therefore, Magazins will have to satisfy a variety of interests, other than a purpouse internet Forum, naturally. (And they always will have the usual "new bike shootout crap, GSXR vs R1 on the Racetrack; shit". Give me a farcking break!!). I believe, that we should not rely on a Mag, and to wish they will cover whatever we like to see or read.
Furthermore, the Streetfighting Forum supports itself and is free of all the stringes (bullshit) attached.

I just thought that we might take this opportunity to learn from others who have been there. Which ever way....

Offcourse, it would be nice to see more Streetfighters around. But to which costs? On the other hand you can not stop the progress.
I leave it like that.

Frankie

14-02-2006, 09:06 PM
what was the story with the Dyno shootout at last years Bike Week,was there a winner for highest HP? Last bike show i went to up here,which was run by 1 of them hardly ghangs,they had a dyno shootout with a $500 prize for the winner.Hardleys ran all day with a highest Hp of 105.At the end of the day some old bloke pushed in his new ZX10R with nuthin more than a Yoshi can an pumped out 159.1HP on a cold engine.Fuck it was funny to see the vest wearer's blown way outa the park,they weren't happy as per usual.

14-02-2006, 09:06 PM
what was the story with the Dyno shootout at last years Bike Week,was there a winner for highest HP? Last bike show i went to up here,which was run by 1 of them hardly ghangs,they had a dyno shootout with a $500 prize for the winner.Hardleys ran all day with a highest Hp of 105.At the end of the day some old bloke pushed in his new ZX10R with nuthin more than a Yoshi can an pumped out 159.1HP on a cold engine.Fuck it was funny to see the vest wearer's blown way outa the park,they weren't happy as per usual.

Tony Nitrous
14-02-2006, 09:23 PM
quote:Originally posted by davo

what was the story with the Dyno shootout at last years Bike Week,was there a winner for highest HP?

No prizes that I know of.
All bikes listed in class's 600/1000/Twins/Unlimited/or similar shit.
Only put mine on 'cos I wanted to see what it made,
and see if the TRE worked.
$20 a go. Pulled 159.5-rwhp, stock except for cans.
When I left I was in 2nd to another Busa with a full system and a
powercommander making about 2 bhp more. F*ck me, thems 2 very expensive ponies :D
I was expecting to see ZX12R's / Busa's / Gixxers etc but it was fairly quiet. Did get to see a Turbo intercooled Harley with the intercooler packed in ice go BANG...clang-clang-clang-clang which made the day worth while :D
Might try and get Shane to bring his "Ghetto Turbo Busa" down this year [8D]

Wouldn't be hard to chuck in a few dollars and have an Pot for best ASF burnout, Best ASF Dyno, etc.

Tony.J.

Tony Nitrous
14-02-2006, 09:23 PM
quote:Originally posted by davo

what was the story with the Dyno shootout at last years Bike Week,was there a winner for highest HP?

No prizes that I know of.
All bikes listed in class's 600/1000/Twins/Unlimited/or similar shit.
Only put mine on 'cos I wanted to see what it made,
and see if the TRE worked.
$20 a go. Pulled 159.5-rwhp, stock except for cans.
When I left I was in 2nd to another Busa with a full system and a
powercommander making about 2 bhp more. F*ck me, thems 2 very expensive ponies :D
I was expecting to see ZX12R's / Busa's / Gixxers etc but it was fairly quiet. Did get to see a Turbo intercooled Harley with the intercooler packed in ice go BANG...clang-clang-clang-clang which made the day worth while :D
Might try and get Shane to bring his "Ghetto Turbo Busa" down this year [8D]

Wouldn't be hard to chuck in a few dollars and have an Pot for best ASF burnout, Best ASF Dyno, etc.

Tony.J.

TurboKat
14-02-2006, 09:24 PM
Yeah Davo, I heard from my Harley riding mates that to stop that sort of thing happening at H/D do's, the "Horsepower Shootout" has now become the "Torque Shootout"

Well, necessity IS the mother of invention. [8D]

I still reckon a stock MT 01, VTX 1800, 2L Vulcan, etc, could smoke 'em. (a Triumph Rocket 3 certainly would!)

TurboKat
14-02-2006, 09:24 PM
Yeah Davo, I heard from my Harley riding mates that to stop that sort of thing happening at H/D do's, the "Horsepower Shootout" has now become the "Torque Shootout"

Well, necessity IS the mother of invention. [8D]

I still reckon a stock MT 01, VTX 1800, 2L Vulcan, etc, could smoke 'em. (a Triumph Rocket 3 certainly would!)

Tony Nitrous
14-02-2006, 09:35 PM
Gold Coast Dyno only displayed bhp and kph so that f*cked-em ;)

Torque sells Trucks, Horsepower wins races :D
http://img113.imageshack.us/img113/5744/dyno9le.jpg

Fairly average for a stock Bus and
still 8.5bhp down on my old Bandit12.

Tony Nitrous
14-02-2006, 09:35 PM
Gold Coast Dyno only displayed bhp and kph so that f*cked-em ;)

Torque sells Trucks, Horsepower wins races :D
http://img113.imageshack.us/img113/5744/dyno9le.jpg

Fairly average for a stock Bus and
still 8.5bhp down on my old Bandit12.

15-02-2006, 04:30 PM
Yeah, we could end up with lot's of wannabe tossers from Rapid. Can we get a similar thing for Streetfighter mag?

15-02-2006, 04:30 PM
Yeah, we could end up with lot's of wannabe tossers from Rapid. Can we get a similar thing for Streetfighter mag?

Gix11
15-02-2006, 04:32 PM
Now there's one I never thought of as it's based in England, but I guess it has a world wide coverage so I might just contact them..........

Gix11
15-02-2006, 04:32 PM
Now there's one I never thought of as it's based in England, but I guess it has a world wide coverage so I might just contact them..........

ozkat
15-02-2006, 04:44 PM
Genuine Streetfighterphiles will find us anyway, if they have a computer.

ozkat
15-02-2006, 04:44 PM
Genuine Streetfighterphiles will find us anyway, if they have a computer.

crazymofo
15-02-2006, 05:42 PM
gix, im with you on the comments about the next gold coast bike week. and seeing as its toward the end of the year, widowmaker should well and truely be up for show and dyno work, if you deem the bike acceptable in either the naked form or fully faired (now thats not a streetfight really, so no point eh? lol) then im happy to have the bike tied up in the show/dyno events. i'll even volenteer to man a stall if ya need.

one question.. do they have separate classes for different capacity bikes in the dyno comp? ie. <1000cc na/Forced induc and >1000cc na/forced induc? not much point me entering a 750cc bike on 10 psi if its going up againts a 1300 nuts hayabusa now is it? lol!!

cheers.joe.

crazymofo
15-02-2006, 05:42 PM
gix, im with you on the comments about the next gold coast bike week. and seeing as its toward the end of the year, widowmaker should well and truely be up for show and dyno work, if you deem the bike acceptable in either the naked form or fully faired (now thats not a streetfight really, so no point eh? lol) then im happy to have the bike tied up in the show/dyno events. i'll even volenteer to man a stall if ya need.

one question.. do they have separate classes for different capacity bikes in the dyno comp? ie. <1000cc na/Forced induc and >1000cc na/forced induc? not much point me entering a 750cc bike on 10 psi if its going up againts a 1300 nuts hayabusa now is it? lol!!

cheers.joe.

dRRew
16-02-2006, 09:20 AM
im keen as to help out gix. i wont mind manning a stand or speeking shit...

dRRew
16-02-2006, 09:20 AM
im keen as to help out gix. i wont mind manning a stand or speeking shit...

Foxy
16-02-2006, 12:36 PM
I'm with fimp and gixxer on this one, but if it's the direction that you want to go, I'll help in anyway I can

Foxy
16-02-2006, 12:36 PM
I'm with fimp and gixxer on this one, but if it's the direction that you want to go, I'll help in anyway I can

Tony Nitrous
17-02-2006, 07:07 PM
Si / Anyone...

I just had a thought, be warned, they're not always good ones I admit !

Im not a Huge fan of stickers etc on bikes,
(unless they say Ohlins / WP / Maxton etc... I wish !!!)
but.....
Both the Busa and the SV came new with neat little black plastic
numberplate surround that just clipped on.. (You know the sort) with
a SPRINGWOOD SUZUKI logo etc. Covered up all the screw holes.

Just wondered what it would cost to do a few ASF one's,
and what the minimum order whould be ?

Or is it one of my "not-so-good" idea's ? ;)

Tony.J.

Tony Nitrous
17-02-2006, 07:07 PM
Si / Anyone...

I just had a thought, be warned, they're not always good ones I admit !

Im not a Huge fan of stickers etc on bikes,
(unless they say Ohlins / WP / Maxton etc... I wish !!!)
but.....
Both the Busa and the SV came new with neat little black plastic
numberplate surround that just clipped on.. (You know the sort) with
a SPRINGWOOD SUZUKI logo etc. Covered up all the screw holes.

Just wondered what it would cost to do a few ASF one's,
and what the minimum order whould be ?

Or is it one of my "not-so-good" idea's ? ;)

Tony.J.

Gix11
17-02-2006, 09:34 PM
Tough call. I personally am a grotty, industrial, bolts showing kinda guy and threw mine in the bin after 20 minutes of buying the bike, but if anyone else is interested I could have a look into it. Regardless of the result - cheers for the suggestion Tony, much appreciated.

Gix11
17-02-2006, 09:34 PM
Tough call. I personally am a grotty, industrial, bolts showing kinda guy and threw mine in the bin after 20 minutes of buying the bike, but if anyone else is interested I could have a look into it. Regardless of the result - cheers for the suggestion Tony, much appreciated.

Zed14
17-02-2006, 10:00 PM
i am willing to put asf stickers on the racebikes.

Zed14
17-02-2006, 10:00 PM
i am willing to put asf stickers on the racebikes.

18-02-2006, 06:53 AM
I'm willing to put stickers on other people's bikes

Now where are those Ducati factory stickers "Warning: Ducati riders will often stop suddenly for cameras, audiences, repairs, riding lessons, etc etc etc.........." :)

18-02-2006, 06:53 AM
I'm willing to put stickers on other people's bikes

Now where are those Ducati factory stickers "Warning: Ducati riders will often stop suddenly for cameras, audiences, repairs, riding lessons, etc etc etc.........." :)

Frankie
18-02-2006, 09:54 AM
Hey chalk :D :D :D [:p] , thats a ripper!

Frankie

Frankie
18-02-2006, 09:54 AM
Hey chalk :D :D :D [:p] , thats a ripper!

Frankie

18-02-2006, 04:23 PM
I got let the madness begin on my swingarm,its barely visible but it covers up a few scratches.[}:)]

18-02-2006, 04:23 PM
I got let the madness begin on my swingarm,its barely visible but it covers up a few scratches.[}:)]

Razorback
20-02-2006, 01:47 PM
Fuck rock paper scissors...

How about Bandit BEATS Busa :D

Razorback
20-02-2006, 01:47 PM
Fuck rock paper scissors...

How about Bandit BEATS Busa :D

fimpBIKES
20-02-2006, 05:34 PM
what a license plate??

fimpBIKES