PDA

View Full Version : NSW rego

bladeothous
25-04-2007, 04:22 PM
hey guys im nearly at the end of building a honda sp1 that i bought as a repariable write off and i was wondering if anyone knows the hoops im going to have to jump through to get this on the raod in NSW. thanks

dazz
25-04-2007, 04:27 PM
make sure that everything you have fitted is road legal, works and you have all the reciepts for the parts you replaced. Also have any frame marks repaired as the RTA will have a list of damaged areas to check at inspection time.

Mine was listed as heavy right front impact, medium left centre impact, heavy right rear impact.That is the info they have at the checking station so make sure that the areas damaged show no signs of unrepaired damage.

bladeothous
26-04-2007, 04:16 PM
thanks

FAT460
28-04-2007, 09:17 PM
Yeah mate - as above. I do these inspections and you look to see that it has been repaired. Must have all suppporting documents inc original purchase of bike (damaged or not) and all reciepts for parts or sublet repairs etc. If your in Northern NSW area shoot me a message if you'd like me to do it for you or if you have any hassles.

Cheers

Paul.

bladeothous
30-04-2007, 12:22 PM
thank for the offer but im in sydeny.

i bought a really nice exhaust system for it do you think they will knock me back for that because its not standard.

FAT460
30-04-2007, 06:25 PM
Technically it has to have the manufacturers name and Db rating etc on it somewhere, and if it doesn't they can knock it back. Your rego guy would have to be a prick not to pass it though. Most guys I know turn a blind eye. All the bikes I inspect have the original system on them, at least when I looked at them they did;).

cheers

Paul.

Gix11
30-04-2007, 06:33 PM
Hey Paul, can you only do NSW bikes?

FAT460
01-05-2007, 01:52 PM
Yeah mate only NSW ones unfortunately. Its a bit of a suck in QLD, different deal to NSW.

Paul.

bladeothous
02-05-2007, 02:08 PM
yer i think ill need the standard exhaust, anyone know where i can hire a set for an afternoon?