PDA

View Full Version : dumb arse question

latheboy
13-02-2006, 02:20 PM
hey people .. this may sound dumb but i dont know..ive just got myself a 89 gsxr 750 and put some bars on and a zx6r seat on .. ive been checkin out streetfighters for a while and gotta me a k3 or k4 front end .. will it bolt staight on ? im a toolmaker by trade and will make anything i need but would like to know if it will go straight on! .... cool
ivan

13-02-2006, 03:08 PM
If no one else answers pm Mundy mate, he know's those things inside out.
Doesn't the 89 run a 40mm front end, whereas the K series run upside down? which will mean replacement triples. They might also be a bit shorter than you're current ones, but you could make up extensions or step downs for them, check this thread http://www.streetfighters.com.au/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=997

Also check out OldSkoolSuzuki (an English site) they are probably the best resource for the sort of information you are looking for

13-02-2006, 03:08 PM
If no one else answers pm Mundy mate, he know's those things inside out.
Doesn't the 89 run a 40mm front end, whereas the K series run upside down? which will mean replacement triples. They might also be a bit shorter than you're current ones, but you could make up extensions or step downs for them, check this thread http://www.streetfighters.com.au/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=997

Also check out OldSkoolSuzuki (an English site) they are probably the best resource for the sort of information you are looking for

Gix11
13-02-2006, 04:05 PM
Do you have the triple clamps and stem for the new front end as well? If not, as Chalky said, the '89 was RWU forks whereas you'll be fitting USD forks with a much bigger diametre. I fitted USD to my '89 1100, but they were only '92 models which meant I could just get a '91 set of triple clamps and the stem was the exact same size. I since got Ben to make me up a set of triple clamps but that's another story. Worst case scenario mate is if you have the triples you'll probably need a new stem and maybe even extensions on the fork tops to compensate for the bigger headstock, if indeed it is bigger (also like Chalky said). By the way, welcome to ASF mate.

Gix11
13-02-2006, 04:05 PM
Do you have the triple clamps and stem for the new front end as well? If not, as Chalky said, the '89 was RWU forks whereas you'll be fitting USD forks with a much bigger diametre. I fitted USD to my '89 1100, but they were only '92 models which meant I could just get a '91 set of triple clamps and the stem was the exact same size. I since got Ben to make me up a set of triple clamps but that's another story. Worst case scenario mate is if you have the triples you'll probably need a new stem and maybe even extensions on the fork tops to compensate for the bigger headstock, if indeed it is bigger (also like Chalky said). By the way, welcome to ASF mate.

chopaweeza
13-02-2006, 04:42 PM
You need to use the complete front end including the triple trees. If you want to run the steering damper some frame modifications are necessary. Otherwise it only requires a bearing swap over to bolt on. I've got a K4 front end for sale by the way.

chopaweeza
13-02-2006, 04:42 PM
You need to use the complete front end including the triple trees. If you want to run the steering damper some frame modifications are necessary. Otherwise it only requires a bearing swap over to bolt on. I've got a K4 front end for sale by the way.

03gixxerpilot
13-02-2006, 05:51 PM
put a set of USDs from a 93 gixxer into an 89 gixxer ( compleat front end ) and they bolted straight in
I would not imagine that it would take too much it you got the compleat front.

03gixxerpilot
13-02-2006, 05:51 PM
put a set of USDs from a 93 gixxer into an 89 gixxer ( compleat front end ) and they bolted straight in
I would not imagine that it would take too much it you got the compleat front.

latheboy
13-02-2006, 07:45 PM
wow ... thanks chalk gix chop and 03g .. i wasnt expecting to get a reply this quick ... ummm so i dont have the front end as yet .. and K4 you say chopaweeza .. all the bits there ?
anyway ill ask more dumb ??s later .... tits

latheboy
13-02-2006, 07:45 PM
wow ... thanks chalk gix chop and 03g .. i wasnt expecting to get a reply this quick ... ummm so i dont have the front end as yet .. and K4 you say chopaweeza .. all the bits there ?
anyway ill ask more dumb ??s later .... tits

chopaweeza
13-02-2006, 08:25 PM
Everything except the mudguard. At the price I've got it it won't be available for long........Theres a few people after that piece of machinery

chopaweeza
13-02-2006, 08:25 PM
Everything except the mudguard. At the price I've got it it won't be available for long........Theres a few people after that piece of machinery