PDA

View Full Version : Rapid Magazine

ozkat
10-02-2006, 07:56 PM
I bought the latest Rapid mag a few weeks ago, and im rather dissapointed. 42 pages till we get the first modified bike! 350 hp turbo Kawa ZX10. then the next bike is a RSV-R fighter, now thats better. Then an R1, how very American ( you will know what i mean if you have read the writeup). Then the Rapid Gixxer and the Rapid CB9. That means out of 104 pages we get 5 modified bikes and 2 of those are Rapids own project bikes. Cmon fellas Lift your game. Out of 104 pages 31 pages are ads ( i realise you have to make money but that is silly) thats 30% and thats not counting new bike reveiws. Leave the new bikes (unmodified) and race bike to the other 2 mags. and concentrate on modified bikes. I can see Rapid going the same way as Streetbike..... disapearing without even a wimper.

fimpBIKES
10-02-2006, 08:28 PM
i remember reading one of the readers letters about how he thought the CB9 was fugly

and i quite frankley must agree with him
exactly what happens when you try to build a fighter out of a catalogue, doesnt work :(

i hope u counted Mr Nolls little write ups as ads (if not that'll be another 1.5 pages...)

Large
10-02-2006, 08:40 PM
I took a few of the pics in the latest Rapid.:)

ozkat
10-02-2006, 08:52 PM
I sent the same message to Rapid Mag, i doubt it will get published or even get a reply.

ozkat
10-02-2006, 08:52 PM
I sent the same message to Rapid Mag, i doubt it will get published or even get a reply.

10-02-2006, 09:17 PM
I prefer Rabbid mag,its much more contageous.

Zed14
11-02-2006, 06:21 AM
whats wrong oz no kats in it? i agree with you though. after reading yours i didnt race out and buy it.

Zed14
11-02-2006, 06:21 AM
whats wrong oz no kats in it? i agree with you though. after reading yours i didnt race out and buy it.

11-02-2006, 06:31 AM
Yeah, I haven't bothered buying it, not even the one with Judge in it (although I did read that article at the shop :).

Doesn't look any different to the plethora of sports bike mags out there. Christ I was thinking about buying one of the choppper mags before Rapid (but then someone hit me hard enough in the back of the head to sort me out) :)

11-02-2006, 06:31 AM
Yeah, I haven't bothered buying it, not even the one with Judge in it (although I did read that article at the shop :).

Doesn't look any different to the plethora of sports bike mags out there. Christ I was thinking about buying one of the choppper mags before Rapid (but then someone hit me hard enough in the back of the head to sort me out) :)

special-k
11-02-2006, 06:43 AM
Meh, I am a tight ass so I just read em all in the newsagents...... lol

special-k
11-02-2006, 06:43 AM
Meh, I am a tight ass so I just read em all in the newsagents...... lol

ozkat
11-02-2006, 10:51 AM
i got a reply to my email i sent Rapid bikes.
Hi Shane,
Our layout hasn't changed at all since issue 1. Page 38, 42 or 44 is where the modified stuff starts. Our ad to editorial ratio is the lowest of any bike mag in the country by at least 20 per cent – and we're not going under like Streetbike, I can assure you that... our sales are growing every single issue...
Hope that clears a few things up for you.

Jeff Ware.
Actually it didnt clear a thing up except that they really dont listen to the people that buy the mag.

BOHEMION
11-02-2006, 11:12 AM
thats the weakest Email reply EVER - ask em to re-read the email Ozzy

Rich
11-02-2006, 12:22 PM
Yeah but what else is on offer in Australia if you don't get Rapid? I agree with Ozkat's comments although he failed to mention that most of the modified bikes that have featured in Rapid seem to be an advertisement for S&R Pro....

I religiously buy Rapid (for now), Heavy Duty and AMCN. Heavy Duty is a ball tearer of a magazine and offers a lot of good technical advice for Harley owners, so I guess that means jack to most of you but is a great example of a magazine giving the readers what they want.

I dumped Oz Biker Nation after years of buying this magazine. One month their main feature was a bio of three 1%'s and how they were loyal and good guys, blar blar blar, what a load of shit. Binned that one.

Kick off your own mag Ozkat, how about calling it 'Motor cycles and skun knuckle engineering'

Cheers Rich

Rich
11-02-2006, 12:22 PM
Yeah but what else is on offer in Australia if you don't get Rapid? I agree with Ozkat's comments although he failed to mention that most of the modified bikes that have featured in Rapid seem to be an advertisement for S&R Pro....

I religiously buy Rapid (for now), Heavy Duty and AMCN. Heavy Duty is a ball tearer of a magazine and offers a lot of good technical advice for Harley owners, so I guess that means jack to most of you but is a great example of a magazine giving the readers what they want.

I dumped Oz Biker Nation after years of buying this magazine. One month their main feature was a bio of three 1%'s and how they were loyal and good guys, blar blar blar, what a load of shit. Binned that one.

Kick off your own mag Ozkat, how about calling it 'Motor cycles and skun knuckle engineering'

Cheers Rich

Tony Nitrous
11-02-2006, 01:17 PM
Most months I buy....

Streetfighters,
AMCN,
Back Street Hero's,
Performance Bikes,
Super Bike,
Two Wheel Tuner,
Motorcycle Mechanics

Depending whats in them i might buy....
T.W.O.
Fast Bikes,
Super Streetbike,
Rapid.

used to subscribe to...
Motorcycle Street & Strip.

Bit of a "Mag-addict" although I try not to get brain washed
by the latest hype and B/S.
I find its still cheaper than smoking or feeding the pokies ;)

Tony.J.

ozkat
11-02-2006, 04:08 PM
yeah i was going to mention the S&R Pro bikes in nearly every issue but i thought ill not insult them.... YET

dRRew
11-02-2006, 04:28 PM
i totally agree with you oz. the mag sucked. i bought the new issue and read it all in one standard length session on the dunny. not happy, should get at least 3 good sized bogs out to a magazine. The zx10 isnt bad but the article isnt anything spectacular. the rsv r is nice tho. the r1 is an americanized pose mobile with nothing but a slick paint job and some bling. spose i shouldnt whinge as i didnt check if the mag was decent, i trusted that it would be = to the quality of the judge mag. hmm going to have to find B S H mag and just keep buying streetfighter...

Large
11-02-2006, 05:06 PM
quote:Originally posted by dRRew

i totally agree with you oz. the mag sucked. i bought the new issue and read it all in one standard length session on the dunny. not happy, should get at least 3 good sized bogs out to a magazine.

Bwahahahahaha.

And worst of all...it's too shiney to wipe with...

Large
11-02-2006, 05:06 PM
quote:Originally posted by dRRew

i totally agree with you oz. the mag sucked. i bought the new issue and read it all in one standard length session on the dunny. not happy, should get at least 3 good sized bogs out to a magazine.

Bwahahahahaha.

And worst of all...it's too shiney to wipe with...