PDA

View Full Version : Bike thieves operating in Sydney

cjburns esq
08-02-2006, 10:58 AM
Post from another site, spread the word and look out for the van;
Date: Tue, 7 Feb 2006 08:35:27 +1100
Subject: Stolen bikes

thought you guys should get this arrived in my inbox this from JAMES - mcc

Was parking in the Sydney CBD yesterday (Sussex Street, near the construction work) and on my way back to the bike was stopped by one of the construction workers.
He told me that they had seen a couple of guys in a van stop, get out, and check out all the parked bikes. The guys took off when they saw the construction guys writing down their number plate.
They also said it's not the first time they've seen the guys, either.
They described the vehicle as a plain white econovan or similar, with numberplate TCT-959.
Just a warning to everyone who parks in the Sydney CBD, keep your bike locked. If these guys are planning on pushing bikes into a van, even a steering lock is better than nothing, but a disc lock or best of all, some sort of lock that will lock your bike to a post or your mates bike or
something.

nb - why have a saying like "Ride it like its Stolen" plastered on all your memos - seems counter productive to many peoples work trying to improve the image of bike riders in NSW.

Fleetie.mac

03gixxerpilot
08-02-2006, 05:05 PM
hope they get caught without anyone losing there bike.

and not nessesarly by the police.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

fimpBIKES
08-02-2006, 05:18 PM
here here!!!!

hooligan
08-02-2006, 06:33 PM
A mate almost had his stolen the same way, near the convention centre carpark in darling harbour. He turned up just as they were looking at his disc lock, started running to them, and scared 'em off. Don't park in the same spot every time. They cruise the same spots, see the same bikes parked between the same hours. My mate was lucky 'cause he finished work early. And was carrying chef knives;)

Gix11
09-02-2006, 12:21 AM
"Guns for show, knives for a pro". Sorry mate, that just came to mind. One of my favourite films.

09-02-2006, 08:27 AM
Can we get the address details relevant to that rego number?

Then paste the details on every bike site in Australia

09-02-2006, 08:27 AM
Can we get the address details relevant to that rego number?

Then paste the details on every bike site in Australia

Iceman
09-02-2006, 08:37 AM
Rich is a cop. He may be able to pass the info on to someone so they can look in to it.

dRRew
09-02-2006, 06:14 PM
fucken low life scums... hope they get caught to, by a big ugly biker prick or something... yeah like you ozkat :D

ozkat
09-02-2006, 07:37 PM
dRRible, i might not be really fast on my feet anymore but im sure i can catch a wheelchair and bonce it off a few walls..... oh sorry i didnt notice you were still in it. ;)

Gix11
09-02-2006, 11:08 PM
Ah yes, the dRRibble and Ozkitten show. I thought they cancelled this show but it seems to be on again. Lovely.

dRRew
10-02-2006, 01:50 AM
i heard your plenty nimble on your toes princess! Id like to hope so to, im challenging the guiness world record soon for fastest wheelie 360's. my record is 9 in a minute. got the stunting of this chair down pat as i made a little rule that the front wheels cant touch the ground so ive been cruising round the house in wheelie.. 12'd it a few times tho.. shoulder/leg arent particularly appreciative.