PDA

View Full Version : i cut something for myself on the laser :D

crazymofo
07-02-2006, 06:43 PM
i had some time to burn this afternoon, so i decided to cut some decals for the bike.

these will be the only thing on the WHOLE bike stating the model/name. and these also will be replacing the gsx1300r on the hayabusa rear plastics.

check out the detail :D

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v222/midnitebomma/decal.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v222/midnitebomma/decal2.jpg

cheers.joe.

davej
07-02-2006, 06:46 PM
looks sweet crazy

fimpBIKES
07-02-2006, 07:41 PM
how much to cut decals??

crazymofo
07-02-2006, 07:48 PM
hows 35bux sound for the pair, simular size and detail to the ones ive done for myself. (25mm wide x 210mm long)

cutting costs run purely on time on the machine. this design is a fairly intricate one (letters are tiny!) a simpler design would run cheaper still.

cheers.joe.

gibbo
07-02-2006, 08:06 PM
What material did you cut those from mate? They look great.

gibbo
07-02-2006, 08:06 PM
What material did you cut those from mate? They look great.

crazymofo
07-02-2006, 08:32 PM
they are cut from a stainless steel produced by a company called rymex. they use heat and presses to give patterns and colors to stainless steel, the shit aint cheap. comes in all kindsa patterns, bubble,checkered(like mine), stripped, just about all annodised colors,

i cut these from a offcut peice i had laying round (theres still some left if anyone wants some :P)

cheers.joe.

Razorback
08-02-2006, 11:09 AM
Sweet work!

08-02-2006, 12:36 PM
Got my washers from Crazy yesterday.

And they are perfect. Couldn't ask for better, especially since they were a rush job. Definitely thinking about what else I need :).

(PS if Aus Post fail to deliver a parcel, do this.....
After a couple of days of harrassing them start asking if they have lost the item.
They will tell you that it is NOT lost, they just can't find it.
This is the response that you want, immediately go to your local police station and file a complaint of theft against the staff from the particular mail centre.
See how quickly Aus Post will 'find' your lost package
I took the attitude that if the parcel 'can't' be lost from their, system since all packages are tracked by scanners,
and can't be found within the system,
Then obviously someone from within the system has removed it from the system,
ergo it must be stolen!!!!!
Even the AFP couldn't argue with the logic, and formalised my complaint for me :),

crazymofo
08-02-2006, 04:33 PM
Glad the washers worked out for you chalky :) shame about the postage tho :(

love your work tho with the post office mate! gave me a laugh reading about it.

cheers.joe.

dRRew
09-02-2006, 03:15 PM
they are awesome decals joe. far out that detail is immaculate. Are we still on for saturday arvo beers? i have an idea for a chain guard and the beers are on the ice. talk soon.
dRRew

Razorback
10-02-2006, 08:27 AM
Nice work on the postage thing LOL