PDA

View Full Version : Storing Carbies?

Large
05-02-2006, 08:35 PM
On Saturday, I did 110ks and used 12 litres of 98 octane, while I was just cruising.

So I'm thinking I want to take off the Keihin CRs and try the original blenders for a while.

Anyone found a way of storing Carbies for a month or two, so that they don't need rebuilding/cleaning before reusing?

ozkat
05-02-2006, 08:42 PM
Hey Large, Just send em up here to me, ill look after them for you.:D

EXBEN
05-02-2006, 08:58 PM
Just make sure you empty all the fuel out of them, give a quick blow out with compressed air then seal em in a plastic bag. A couple of months will be no probs.

Large
05-02-2006, 09:59 PM
quote:Originally posted by ozkat

Hey Large, Just send em up here to me, ill look after them for you.:D

Thanks for the offer...but I'll have to think about it:D

quote:originally posted by EXBEN

Just make sure you empty all the fuel out of them, give a quick blow out with compressed air then seal em in a plastic bag. A couple of months will be no probs.

Thanks Ben, that sounds easy enough. I was thinking I'd need to store them wet to keep the gaskets from drying out

EXBEN
05-02-2006, 10:49 PM
Dry is better,but if you're gonna pull em apart after being dry for a while it's best to put some
fuel in em & let em sit overnight before you do.This will just soften the gaskets again & stop em
leaking when you put em back together.It's usually only a prob after the've been sittin around for a
coupla years though.