PDA

View Full Version : A warning for others.

chopaweeza
23-06-2006, 02:55 PM
As some of you already know I don't hang around here anymore and stopped selling parts to people either off this board or referred from this board. Here's the reason why- Two new board members that scammed me on parts and another exchanged a motor I sold him for one that was out of a stolen bike. For various reasons including legal I can't go into alot of details. One involved a set of Vmax forks that had the straight legs swapped for bent ones by the buyer , another involved a Busa tank that was good when I shipped it & was returned stripped & destroyed and the last involved a GSXR bottom end I sold to a member that was bought back for a refund only to find it had different engine numbers off a stolen bike . While I have had my house searched by the Police and had my life turned upsidedown as a result I was not charged and am willingly giving evidence against the last bloke at his trial later in the year. The others already are acquainted with the debt recovery services in their areas. What has happened is in no way the fault of ASF or Simon in any way and I want to thank him for his help during these matters. However, what it does highlight is that there are thieves/scammers out there that surf into a board like this, contribute nothing and try to scam/sell from those here. This is not an rant against ASF or Si but a warning that when you deal with people here you don't know so take care or get ripped off like I did. I'm out of pocket for well over a grand and have limited chances of retrieving my money out of any of these thieves. Take care people and I hopefully will see some of you around the traps.

23-06-2006, 03:19 PM
Not good Choppa, thanks for the note though.

Catch you on the road sometime

ozkat
23-06-2006, 03:52 PM
Hey Chop that is fucked, ARSEHOLES[}:)]

sluglie
23-06-2006, 04:39 PM
thanks for the warning man, and i hope you get some justice (through the court, or the rough kind)

thieving twats, dont you just hate em

ozR1127
23-06-2006, 04:44 PM
[B)]thats dodgy,[}:)]i hate bike thieves ,KILL THEM ,KILL THEM ALL... SLOWLY[}:)]..on a lighter note cheerz chopa ,hope it all works out for you mate

devo
23-06-2006, 05:02 PM
:([}:)] I reckon dish out Druitt Justice on pricks like this,
Lets put it this way there not really capable of steeling
any more.[^]
Thanks for the warning on this I hope it works out for
ya and hope that you haven't lost trust in everyone cause I can
speak for myself and a few other guys on here that we wouldn't
do this sort of low life shit:).
Devo.

Benz
23-06-2006, 06:27 PM
Sorry to read this Choppa,this kinda shit is NOT what this board is all about.
Some of ASF members and myself have done deals that will see three people get exactly what they are after, and it's not about the money, but being in a position to assist each other.
I'd like to think we can continue to help each other build whatever our present dream combo might be, without being subjected to the unfortunate bullshit that has landed at your feet.
Shit happens for sure,but hopefully not here again.
Hope it works out for you mate

Large
23-06-2006, 06:41 PM
50 posts before you can sell stuff?

loosebruce
23-06-2006, 06:44 PM
Don't lose your faith in humanity Chop.
I prefer to think the best of people,(but I'm a slow learner).
Lowlifes want to wreck it for the rest of us.

fimpBIKES
23-06-2006, 06:50 PM
thats a fucking good rule large!!!
seen it work very well on other boards, i have also seen set-ups where u cant even post in the for-sale section (to buy or sell) til u have a minimum number of posts and contact admin and convince them u arent dodgy

sorry to hear chop, thats well fuckt up!!
i would like to mention that i hope u dont dissapear from here cos i at least respect what u do to motorcycles

and i must also vouch for chopper being a straight-up seller
my swingarm was EXACTLY as described and i was really happy with the whole purchase

willow
23-06-2006, 07:01 PM
Be good if you and Si could name the pricks here!! Hope all works out uncle Chop.

BillyWhizz888
23-06-2006, 07:11 PM
Shite news that Chop..

maybe we could set up a debt collecting ring.....
its not all about getting the money back sometimes is it...

if you know what I mean;)

Lets hope they get vultures crutch on the next ride
festering loins bleedin and a hurtin....
and a good kick in the nuts... Tossers

Deano
24-06-2006, 09:43 AM
that shit is fucked mate sorry to hear.

fimp and large - you took the words right out of my mouth

food for thourght Gix

chopaweeza
24-06-2006, 10:22 AM
Thanx for the support all. But you seem to be missing the point. the fault isn't with the sellers but the buyers. All these weasels are Buyers, all hassled me up front about my returns policy and all used that to rob me. My best advise if you are selling is don't offer a return on approval as thieving buyers scam that. Once they have your their money back they have the opportunity to swap over goods for damaged/stolen ones, return your goods after they have written it off at the weekends trackday or other scams. I've checked all three's memberships and all have Zero posts. A better idea is to cut the PM or eMail function until you have at least 20 posts to protect sellers. As for what the lads & I have planned, I'll respect Rich and not discuss it in public. For now , I'll be leaving things in the hands of the Collectors & the Police.

fimpBIKES
24-06-2006, 02:45 PM
so they bought the engine, then stole a bike with the same engine and gave u the engine from the stolen bike??

im confused, how would they make enough $$$ out of that to justify the risd/effort???

Gix11
24-06-2006, 02:47 PM
They already had a stolen engine from before that was still hot, so they swap it for a cold one and get it registered to sell it on.....

pt
24-06-2006, 03:12 PM
yeah make it a number of posts before you can buy or sell and same with PMs. that is seriously crap luck i hope something works out although i know deep down that the bastards will probably get away with it as always.

on a similar note, does anyone know what the deal is with stolen stuff on ebay? cause i've heard of it happening before and don't want to buy something only to have the cops turn up at my place and tell me it was nicked.:(

ozkat
24-06-2006, 04:49 PM
I reckon a mininum of 15 posts before you can even look at the wanted/for sale sections, if it can be done.

BOHEMION
24-06-2006, 06:10 PM
quote:Originally posted by ozkat

I reckon a mininum of 15 posts before you can even look at the wanted/for sale sections, if it can be done.

That can be done but it requires a second password to enter. As in the Threads are locked and the Admins can give out the password after the user has been approved. If the password is leaked then Change it and reduce the number of approved users. I doubt any of the loyal members here wouldnt blab the password though:D I'm confident in that. There are a few other options Like Paying to use the for sale and selling section ie You pay You get a password to enter. But that would be a sucky option. Its small steps to make it secure for all of us though.

We are all pretty good at weeding out the Faggots that join here who arnt serious about what were about and joining in. I rekon that what happened to Chops, We will be alittle more suspisious on New members not making the effort and only interested in our sales section.

Its a shame its as serious as it is but if we watch each others back I rekon we'll be Shweet mate!

Hope everything goes good Chops! [8)]

BOH

25-06-2006, 10:47 AM
Gix should be able to set up a list of allowed members in the sale/WTB area, with a trigger on the database adding names to the list once they pass a certain number of posts.

But I agree with Boh, the regulars all know one another, and are generally pretty kosher people, we just have to be a bit more cautious when dealing with newbies. Wouldn't want to see Newbies relegated to 2nd class straight up though, we were all newbies once, and a lot of good members may not have stuck around if they had faced unnecessary restrictions.

Deano
26-06-2006, 09:19 AM
chopper.

Were you refunding the money to the buyer before you have recieved and inspected the goods that they were requesting a refund on?

or were you sending the goods and upon their approval they would send you the money?

clairebear
26-06-2006, 01:10 PM
hm. bad taste. i hope they get the steaming heap of shit they deserve.
how strange that they can be members and not post.
maybe they should get the boot if they have not posted within a week of joining.
voyeurs! scumbags!
I hope chop that if you dont get your money back, you get some joy from the results of legal proceedings (rare, but sometimes happens)

FIGHTERMC
26-06-2006, 06:11 PM
Don't you just hate that shit
bike thieves are the lowest form
of SCUM.

26-06-2006, 10:40 PM
Spewin for ya Wayne,its a shame that your trust has been burnt coz of sum fuckwits that chose to play dirty.Hope you dont disappear tho mate,we all respect your opinions as a long standing member.Its a lesson for us all.
I've bought,sold and given away heaps of gear from/on ASF and never had a problem.I've been here for long enough to personally know at least 70 members and have full faith in dealling with all of them.But i wont be dealing with ring-ins after reading this post.
cheers