PDA

View Full Version : Isle of man TT

traviss
25-04-2007, 09:59 AM
So who's goin to this years 100th TT ????

Gix11
25-04-2007, 01:28 PM
From Aus members it seems like only me and Large, from Ireland members we have Frank (Fightermc) and his mates, and from England members we have Exile and his mates and also MDM from Streetfighters magazine. You going Traviss?

traviss
25-04-2007, 03:29 PM
I sure am, wouldnt miss the 100th Im leaving a day early so we can check out demon tweeks shop in liverpool then to spain to get in a moto gp in cataluna as well. A boys month away .
Traviss

Gix11
25-04-2007, 03:43 PM
Hey Travis, check towards the end of this one (or all of it if you like): http://www.streetfighters.com.au/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=1953

and also this one........
http://www.streetfighters.com.au/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=3975

Jockney Rebel
25-04-2007, 05:17 PM
i hate u all........ lol... have a pukka time u lot

exile
25-04-2007, 08:20 PM
So what date are you guys landing in England ???
If you're coming to London, giza shout so we can meet up

Hagarr
25-04-2007, 09:07 PM
I'm flying out on the 25th arrive 26th Heathrow fly Manchester. Fly IOM 27th. Bartender give me a guinness please. Fuck the ferry. Fuck the hire car. Passenger all the way. We'll be there for the practice week and race week. Mad Sunday on anything I can find. Yee Hah!

traviss
26-04-2007, 09:27 AM
London city airport ,euro manx ,24/05 last time I was on the steam racket ferrie there was more spu than i ever want to see again ,it was nearly a life form, it moved like one..

Gix11
26-04-2007, 12:57 PM
I get to Heathrow on the 14th May and then head over to Cheltenham where I'm staying. We are foot passengers on the ferry so the only way to stop the sickness is to hit the beer (at 3 in the morning!) bring it on..........

I will try and get Frank to give us a meeting point on a certain day before I leave Aus so we have that as a pencil date for a meet up. We are there for the weekend of the main races only (and still have no idea what campsite they are shoving us in). If any of you guys going don't have ASF T-shirts (or any other ASF gear) - a) you should be ashamed of yourselves and b) you should get some so I can spot the ASF guys when I'm there and say hi. I'll be wearing ASF shirts throughout. Look for the pissed bloke.

traviss
26-04-2007, 11:42 PM
Pencil away im there for the fortnight ,But if its anything like the last one you may have to spell it to me and speak slowly .I may call you Han's out of habbit . And may have a buggered arm after sumerslutting of a minibike ( T boned another bike) But what fun it was...
Traviss

FIGHTERMC
27-04-2007, 07:12 AM
I think most of us are there on the thursday or friday nite at the end
of practice week.
i'd say jaks{think thats the way its spelt} bar on the prom would be the best place and move on from there,say at 7ish on both evenings.
what you guys think?
Frank.

Gix11
27-04-2007, 05:56 PM
Sounds like a plan. I'll put it in my phone. I don't have you in the full members database yet Frank so email me your number mate and I'll ring/text you on the island. ......oh, and tell dope here what those dates are as well will ya?

FIGHTERMC
28-04-2007, 01:09 AM
Si they are thursday 31st and friday 1st,i'll pm you my number.
if it's too early to meet up let me know cos the practice
don't end until 8ish i think.
rgds
Frank.

Gix11
29-04-2007, 01:00 PM
Yea mate, got intouch with me bro and he says we get there on the morning of the 31st so sounds like a plan. 7 at Jaks: http://www.jakspub.com/ it is then (if we can find it, and if our campsite doesn't end up being in Scotland).

niceguyeddie
03-05-2007, 12:59 AM
noticed some of you guys will be at the tt, i will be there 4th to 7th june. dont know anyone else going, so would be nice to see some fighters. eddie

FIGHTERMC
03-05-2007, 01:17 AM
quote:Originally posted by Gix11

Yea mate, got intouch with me bro and he says we get there on the morning of the 31st so sounds like a plan. 7 at Jaks: http://www.jakspub.com/ it is then (if we can find it, and if our campsite doesn't end up being in Scotland).

Gix you can't miss it mate.
hope you are lucky with the campsite mate if
you find out before you go let me know
and i'll tell you if your better off in scotland.
Frank.

FIGHTERMC
03-05-2007, 01:21 AM
quote:Originally posted by niceguyeddie

noticed some of you guys will be at the tt, i will be there 4th to 7th june. dont know anyone else going, so would be nice to see some fighters. eddie

Eddie where are you staying mate
most of us will be in Douglas let us
know and we can arrange to meet up
Frank.

traviss
03-05-2007, 09:36 PM
Frank are you taking your bike over ,you do know that the mt pass is one way the whole time, mad sunday 24/7 well 24/14 , It maybe a good idea to hide your keys if you are .. lolol.

Eddie is it your first time or are you veteran.
traviss

FIGHTERMC
03-05-2007, 11:26 PM
Ya mate read that,but i read{ww.iomtt.com} today they have 15,000 traffic
cones to slow down the traffic on the mountain but we'll still have fun :)
i'll have the bike with me mate for sure.
Frank.

niceguyeddie
04-05-2007, 08:03 AM
travis, im a newbie, just getting a few daze off work and want to see as much as possible.
frank, im staying at the tt village camping thing. apparently its not far from douglas, so i can easily cruise down for a pint. if you like i can give you my number. look for the clapped out firestorm on polish plates.(long story)

traviss
04-05-2007, 10:10 AM
Well Ed your in for a real treat ,shame you couldn't get more time off .
The poor bastards that have to put the cones in and out every day/race. I think that might be pushing the volunteer friendship a bit ..
Traviss

Large
04-05-2007, 04:13 PM

travis, im a newbie, just getting a few daze off work and want to see as much as possible.
frank, im staying at the tt village camping thing. apparently its not far from douglas, so i can easily cruise down for a pint. if you like i can give you my number. look for the clapped out firestorm on polish plates.(long story)

If that's the one that's moved from near port erin to near Castletown...you'll have a few neighbours from ASF

FIGHTERMC
04-05-2007, 06:01 PM

No problem Eddie pm me your number mate and i'll give you a bell
for a few pints mate.
Frank.

Gix11
06-05-2007, 03:40 PM
Hey Frank, Large is in the tent next to me so he'll be able to answer the "Which Campsite" question (which it looks as if he just did). Anyone else who wants to meet up just look for the ASF shirts. Most of you know what I look like anyway.

traviss
08-05-2007, 12:43 PM
Well are we all packed yet not long to go now ...feet are very itchy.

Gix11
08-05-2007, 09:22 PM
I leave Saturday, and no I'm not packed. Probably still won't be packed Saturday morning....

If the TT doesn't finish me off this sure as hell will: http://www.downloadfestival.co.uk/lineup/
Bring it on!

niceguyeddie
09-05-2007, 02:05 AM
hey fightermc, how do i pm a number? all this stuff just confuses me. but would definitely like to get a couple of pints. i should be there and sorted by mid afternoon mon 4th. possibly beer then and make plans for next few days.
how many others are staying at the camping village?

FIGHTERMC
09-05-2007, 02:51 AM
Eddie just click on my name and you'll be able
to send it via my email.
Frank.

MDM
09-05-2007, 04:32 AM
I arrive on the Island at about 6.30am on Mad Sunday - ferry from Heysham at feckin' 3am!:(
There til evening of Wednesday race week, but trying to extend to Thursday.
Going to be working but planning on having more than one or two beers while I'm there. Not got accomodation sorted 100% yet (hmmm) but will deffo be in Douglas on Mad Sunday evening, and at Ramsey Sprint on Tuesday...
Spart, Exile will recognise me, will have AFR teeshirt on for at least one day. And will probably be on my sheddy old Slabsider 750...

Gix11
09-05-2007, 10:47 AM
Yea, I'm on that bastard 3am ferry as well, but on another day, which I've already mentioned, and forgotten....

BOHEMION
09-05-2007, 01:50 PM
Si watch out for a mad mank/NZ cross breed called Wayne Christian, Ive lent him my g'day officer shirt, he will be on a RD350, he is flying over this Sunday, He is also a chef and cooking in some hotel over there[8)] MAD bastard!

traviss
09-05-2007, 09:44 PM
If your taken a mobile phone you can get a sim card there to use.. as roaming rates from Aussie cost You to recieve and make calls at a higher rate than calls made from Manx telecom prepay cards, Costs 10 quid and have 10 quid of calls on it texting is cheaper to ...manx telecom shops or pronto mobile and some local stores ..
Hope this helps save you a buck ..Trav.

Jockney Rebel
09-05-2007, 11:56 PM

I leave Saturday, and no I'm not packed. Probably still won't be packed Saturday morning....

If the TT doesn't finish me off this sure as hell will: http://www.downloadfestival.co.uk/lineup/
Bring it on!
further to my last quip about ur trip ...your no longer a lucky bastard your now officially a lucky lucky bastard ..some good bands on there ...ahhh i remember donnington ..monsters of rock.........................[rose tints go on ]:D

niceguyeddie
10-05-2007, 08:41 PM
im not sure how this ethernet thing works, how do i pm a number?
will be on the isle 4th to 7th jun
eddie

niceguyeddie
10-05-2007, 08:46 PM
frank, just tried the pm thingy and i cant email a member as ihavent had enough posts. the bat fone is +447871 601 456. it would be cool to have a beer or ten. eddie

hooligan
10-05-2007, 10:33 PM
You could've sent me the info mr ed, and i'll send it on.

FIGHTERMC
11-05-2007, 01:07 AM

frank, just tried the pm thingy and i cant email a member as ihavent had enough posts. the bat fone is +447871 601 456. it would be cool to have a beer or ten. eddie

No problem Eddie gix had it send on to me.
Frank.

Large
22-05-2007, 09:45 PM
I'm flying out tomorrow morning via two days in tokyo.

gonna get me some of those used panties from the dispensing machines[:p][:p]

Will be on the island from late on monday 28th.

pmed you Frank...

gibbo
22-05-2007, 10:42 PM
Bon voyage Large, fucken hell thats poetry, get some of those panties for the rest of us!

FIGHTERMC
23-05-2007, 01:13 AM
Didn't get the pm Large.

Gix11
23-05-2007, 04:05 AM
Frank. Been in the UK for a week mate. I'll contact you near Wednesday/Thursday next week. When do you leave so that I don't miss you mate?

Large
23-05-2007, 04:25 AM
quote:Originally posted by FIGHTERMC

Didn't get the pm Large.

That's odd...I wasn't pissed so it shoulda worked.

Can you pm me your mobile number pls?...just in case Si fries his brain at download...I'd still like to catch up:)

FIGHTERMC
23-05-2007, 04:27 AM
I'll be arriving at 7am ish next thursday morning si
ring anytime mate

Gix11
23-05-2007, 04:55 AM
Hey, Download's after TT Large, I should just be semi fried by then.

FIGHTERMC
23-05-2007, 04:57 AM
Large i just pm'ed you mate.

Large
23-05-2007, 05:27 AM

Hey, Download's after TT Large, I should just be semi fried by then.

What shall be, shall be:D

Large
23-05-2007, 05:27 AM
quote:Originally posted by FIGHTERMC

Large i just pm'ed you mate.

ta Frank

edit just checked and it aint there. can you email it to me pls?

FIGHTERMC
23-05-2007, 07:07 AM
Have now emailed it to you large.
rgds
Frank.

alfiestorm
28-05-2007, 04:57 AM
Check this out lads and go prepared co's if this is right it ain't no fun being cold and wet, but lets hope it is wrong

http://uk.weather.com/weather/local/IM2?x=9&post=im2&code=3rj&y=9

Large
28-05-2007, 05:56 PM
I'm sitting here in london and its cold and fucking miserable.

Trying to book a train to liverpool for the ferry and i've got to go via northampton and birmingham so its going to take 5 fucking hours.

most of the weather reports show its clear over iom so fingers crossed

FIGHTERMC
28-05-2007, 06:04 PM
I know how you feel Large it's fooking cold here in
Ireland today but the weather is picking up so hopefully
it will be good on the island.

hooligan
28-05-2007, 11:12 PM
It was fine blue skies and about 20 degrees here in sydney...

alfiestorm
29-05-2007, 03:34 AM
quote:Originally posted by Large

I'm sitting here in london and its cold and fucking miserable.

Trying to book a train to liverpool for the ferry and i've got to go via northampton and birmingham so its going to take 5 fucking hours.

most of the weather reports show its clear over iom so fingers crossed

Welcome to the shit hole of Europe Large.
Maybe you should have flown from London to the Isle of man from London city airport, probably would have been cheaper than the combined costs of train and ferry and a fuck sight quicker.
http://www.cheapflights.co.uk/flights/Isle-of-Man/London-City/

Anyway have a good time on the island.

Gix11
29-05-2007, 04:42 AM
How do you manage to stay on the net even at a train station Large? You really are from the future aren't you?