gpz is even colder ,it not a kawaka

25-04-2007, 12:40 AM
quote:Originally posted by traviss

it not a kawaka

Aaaah well I'm not interrested then

:D

traviss
25-04-2007, 12:45 AM
Chalk10 your a gang green sufferer then ,you can get meds for that.
I had a kawaka once , havent had kidney since.lol

25-04-2007, 12:49 AM
Some diseases are worth catching.

traviss
25-04-2007, 12:56 AM
had a lot of fun catching crabs once is that sorta simular.

25-04-2007, 01:01 AM
Pretty close

well, closer than my guess was anyway

Jockney Rebel
25-04-2007, 01:38 AM
its a honda from the rhonda cbr thou

Jockney Rebel
25-04-2007, 01:40 AM
traviss is that ur name or are just a fan??

Phill
25-04-2007, 07:04 AM
Honda CBR 1000 F. 1988? at a guess!

Zed14
25-04-2007, 08:31 AM
thats the result of a bad knock to the head and years of acid trips.

traviss
25-04-2007, 09:41 AM
Frankenfighter,Phill ...Your on the money it usaly takes 2-3 days at the motogp before someone gets it right ,so im guessing your machanics or you owned one.
A cbr1000f was something differant and it was cheap. At the moment it is garaged for a headlight upgrade and a frame tidy up.
Im thinken fz1n naked headlight and a new digi speedo ..

traviss
25-04-2007, 10:37 AM
Phill it was an easy guess for you , how is your project goin ,mine was very close to the state yours was in when I got it. needed a new frame and had no fairing at all but the engine had just been rebuilt when the red light was not red enough for the old lady that took it out .

traviss
25-04-2007, 11:05 AM
Changed rear end post photo later maybe..

Gix11
25-04-2007, 01:59 PM
Still running clip-ons and a 4 into 2 mate? Lots of scope on this one mate. A really hard frame and tank/fairing combo to work with as well. You've done well.

Phill
25-04-2007, 06:59 PM
Yeah, mines still going. finally got a new s/hand shock for the single sider after the afr mishap, havent rewired it yet.
getting a 4 into 1 is tough, laser may still make them but otherwise its a custom job.
If you get rid of the clip ons Stu at AuSFR has a kit available for "flat bar" type conversion. only drawback is the front of the tank hits the adaptor plate so its a bitch to lift the tank. probably be ok with the stardard brake and clutch lines but the throttle and choke cables will be to short.
where are you located? would like to see your ideas and swap ideas cause there aint to many "off the shelf" bits left now.
keep up the pics and good to see another Honda around.
Phill

traviss
25-04-2007, 07:41 PM
Phill your the first person I have found s/f ing a cbr1000f after many years lookin on german and english sites.
Your right about the flat bar all my electrics and fuses are now under the tank so if I poped a fuse it was a big job getting the tank of so the clippons went back on ,Am still thinken about a set of usd forks and triple to suit which may slove that one ,The 4 to 1 has to be a custom job for me dont like the lazer at all .
Im in east gippsland near Lakes entrance. Swap away with ideas Im stuck at the moment .
Traviss.

HueyonaBlade
25-04-2007, 07:55 PM
Well on the way Trav, to a nice build, go on ya

Phill
26-04-2007, 05:33 AM
Like you Trav, cheap bike with ordinary plastics untill it met a semi trailer!.
My fuses "were" under the seat till Dubbo (havent rewired it yet) so theyre easy. Looking at other ideas for the seat unit. The banana seat is comfortable but the surrounding plastics look shit without all the side panels.. Ill post up a couple of other pics of some others when I find em
Phill

Phill
26-04-2007, 05:38 AM
http://www.streetfighters.com.au/forum/upload/95700425583443.jpg

heres one

Phill
26-04-2007, 05:39 AM
http://www.streetfighters.com.au/forum/upload/95700425571334.jpg

heres another of the same bike

Phill
26-04-2007, 05:40 AM
http://www.streetfighters.com.au/forum/upload/95700425567371.jpg

heres the rear view. not keen on the rear guard but. still another perspective to think of.

Gix11
26-04-2007, 02:19 PM
Do you mean the polished plate Phill? That's there for legal reasons. In one of the European countries (fill in the gaps Euro guys) you have to have something covering your back wheel by law.

Phill
26-04-2007, 02:36 PM
yep tar or sticky rubber from a burnout aint it?
na i thought thats what it was for, just looks out of place.
I want to know what rear end it is though, dont mind that look.
Phill

Gix11
26-04-2007, 02:44 PM
quote:Originally posted by Phill

yep tar or sticky rubber from a burnout aint it?
na i thought thats what it was for, just looks out of place.
I want to know what rear end it is though, dont mind that look.
Phill

That's a '02 R1 tail piece mate.

http://www.motorcycledaily.com/091701side1.jpg

traviss
26-04-2007, 06:56 PM
Your right its a law thing some try and get away with it but a rwc would cost you dearly .i think a mod bike has to have engineer certifacate if it is more than 20% changed...thanks for the photo's phill its a job he's done on that.

26-04-2007, 08:45 PM
Gday Traviss and welcome to ASF.Without meaning to be too offensive mate...for someone who has been into fighters for 10 years and building yours for 7 years,that is one of the most fugly piss poor efforts ive ever seen.Get the angle grinder out and make me eat my words mate.Big difference between a Ratfighter and Streetfighter,but thats just my opinion.I call it constuctive critisism...and yes,being a freedom of speech website,you can tell me to get fucked.

cheers

davo

zx12argh
26-04-2007, 08:49 PM
quote:Originally posted by Gix11

Do you mean the polished plate Phill? That's there for legal reasons. In one of the European countries (fill in the gaps Euro guys) you have to have something covering your back wheel by law.

So do we....

BWA HA HA HA HA HA[:o)]

26-04-2007, 08:50 PM
Freedom of speech eh Davo? OK then

GO GET FUCKED Davo, Fimp, Turbo, in fact everyone

:D :D :D

traviss
26-04-2007, 11:01 PM
Davo you sound like me mates ,It goes like this .year 1.Found it fixed it road it ,Y2 front-end and guard -road it again Y3 had no money so road it ,Y4 duck tail ,battery box full respray then road the arse of it until my baby girl was born .Y5-y6 Road it , This year Its getting the lot done ,I'm pickin the arse up a few inches, exhaust, new headlight gauges and braided lines and alot more polish I like doing all the mods myself ..Its just been stripped a week ago to get me inspired, that's how I came across this site looking for bits again I found a link to here.. . The last six months has been focused on work, saving for the IOM TT but I know Im going to be inspired when I get back . ..If you want the rest of my life story you can supply the whiskey.....And yes DAVO Get fucked ! Next you'll be callin my wife a fat arse ..

28-04-2007, 12:53 AM
Lolol. She's only fat coz she makes me feed er after i fuck er. *stolen material reversed*

What year were the engine bolts painted blue mate..."Y4U"...???

Look 4wood to havin a whiskey with ya bro,your a good sport.

Cheers...and enjoy the TT.

Iceman
28-04-2007, 01:54 AM
Davo your on fire tonight mate.

traviss
28-04-2007, 07:54 PM
Davo; This is a bit one sided lets see your ride, and yes the bolts was Y4 you have xray vision if you could pic that from these pic's makes me wonder ...
Traviss

Phill
28-04-2007, 08:03 PM
Oi Davo, Get Fucked!.
LOL.
your probably close on the money though. took me a couple of years to fuck / fighter mine too. Just goes to show you how good the bike was first!!
almost a shame to fighter it! NOT heh heh. not exactly begging for fightering but still, not to many around. Hopefully make it look good enough for someone to copy it just like all the Gixxer riders.

Phill

Gix11
29-04-2007, 12:11 PM
quote:Originally posted by traviss

Davo; This is a bit one sided lets see your ride, and yes the bolts was Y4 you have xray vision if you could pic that from these pic's makes me wonder ...
Traviss

There's a full topic dedicated to the build Traviss, http://www.streetfighters.com.au/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=1516

......also it's August photo in the 2007 ASF calendar:

http://www.streetfighters.com.au/ASF_gear_07Cal.asp

traviss
01-05-2007, 11:14 AM
Davo apart from the fact its another gsxr, the rgvm swinger looks good ,whens the polish machine getting into action ,and whats with the headlight your inspration took a nose dive there, I mean out of all the headlight units in the world you picked a $50 job off the shelf at the local MXérs shop with kitchen down lights in it ,happy night riding..
At least mine and Phills are something differant and get the old WHAT THE !! factor going.
Theres that many GSXR's out there now that have had the sf look, you would think they came out of the factory like it.lololol

traviss

Phill
01-05-2007, 12:11 PM
there not biting yet Travis, maybe we arent as bitter and twisted as Gixxer riders? cant think of any new baits either
HEH HEH
Phill

traviss
01-05-2007, 09:00 PM
Maybe if I pick on Schwantz I might get a reaction or the good old "what do you mean it isnt water cooled ! is it a harley ?.lololol
Well just doing the finishing touches to the new headlight and screen which has changed the shape completely ,and the angle grinder came out no more headstock mount all connected to the forks now ,taken a foot of the front and cleaning up the bolt holes that arnt needed on the frame and a new oil cooler is being put down under the radiator , just waiting to see what type of digital gauges I can find overseas ( I do like the ones extreme creations have )and the front will be defugleyed ...Well its taken my mind off the trip...Did you play with yours on the weekend Phill.

Iceman
02-05-2007, 12:34 AM
Hey Traviss, Davo's got a different headlight to that now, it pretty trick. I'll see if I can find a photo for ya.

Iceman
02-05-2007, 01:11 AM
Found one, not the best angle or lighting but you get the idea.
http://www.streetfighters.com.au/forum/upload/92803615116934.jpg

Phill
02-05-2007, 08:18 AM
still havent fixed my wiring yet so Im only riding it to work. need a few new bits after a copper told me to change the front indicators, they're too close and hard to see in daylight. also found the rear brake resevoir for the brake is cracked. who needs rear brakes anyway!

just check your clearance from the tyre to where you mount the oil cooler, my first atempt made the tyre eat the original cooler!
let me know if you find a digi dash that has all the functions on it. The ones Ben has are trick acewell units and he knows a few mods to get water temp to read on the fuel guage (i think). the bike has reserve tap so i dont reckon you need the fuel guage to read.
good luck mate, keep them pics coming
Phill

traviss
02-05-2007, 09:19 AM
That's looks better ,Those cheap mx units shouldn't even be used on a push bike ,made that mistake when I first got the raptor light from the UK ,If you get stuck out late and you live out of town, bye the time you get home (if you get home) your eyes look like a teenage bong heads, and you wouldn't miss an elephant at ten feet...
The oil cooler is a smaller one and should fit near the headers at the bottom well clear of the rake angle of the front wheel I hope. A smaller one should be fine as the engine is getting plenty of air flow with the fairing gone and it has always seemed to run a little cold anyway ..I wouldn't mind a fuel light that would be better than a Gauge , Ive seen a temp light that flashes at high temp ,would be more noticeable than a gauge I think...I will keep an eye out ..
Traviss

02-05-2007, 10:09 PM
never mind the new headlight,check out the fuckin mirrors...no you cant buy them anywhere in the world,and yes they actually work,and meet the required surface area for a m'cycle mirror.But i'm hearin ya on the 'ol headlight subject Trav,it was only ever a very temporary unit.The new 1 would cost around $800au to replace,and the globes are bright enough to make the sun shine outa ya arse.But being a Streetfighter,its never finished,and therefore will look much different this time next year.
Lookin forwood to your new mods mate,looks like your gunna extract the didget this year.

cheers

traviss
03-05-2007, 12:04 AM
If You need a spare swinger Davo Ive got a rgvm with a bung motor Im thinkin of wreaking Ive just used the Headlight But all the other parts are availble unless I can make it fit on mine ..
Like the mirrors, all your own work ?
Traviss

Iceman
03-05-2007, 12:55 AM
A spare swinger, is that where four girls and five guys show up to an adults only party?

traviss
04-05-2007, 10:27 AM
...LOLOLOL