PDA

View Full Version : Suzuki GSXR 750W 1993

Finplan
24-04-2007, 11:17 PM
Hi:D
Dumb ass accountant..finplan..here...nwebie who cant spell.
I know little re bike engines, or bikes as a matter of fact..not ridden for many years and now want to race..hopefully against other slow riders. I would like the bike (if not me) to be reasonably competetive however I dont know where to start with doing up the bike. It runs ok but can anyone give me a leg up as to what things (apart from new or bigger engines)I should be doing eg engine mods, suspension, tyres, exhaust etc..most books i have seen talk about fuel injected motors... mine is carby. PCRA rules allow mods but I think they need to suit bikes age also..any assistance would be appreciated.
Thanks
Tony:D

Seifer
24-04-2007, 11:49 PM
Mate how long is apiece of string, you can go simple stuff like exhaust, rejets, pod filters etc then a good tune. THis will be a good start and give a good return on very little mods.

Deano
25-04-2007, 11:48 AM
so your asking how to build and set up a race bike?

i would do the cheap mods first.

race glass.
remove instruments and replace with only what you got to have like temp, rpm and oil light
strip all weight out of it. like race wiring loom with no starter or alternator (will also make motor sping up a little quicker) this will mean push starting and using a battery charger to charge the battery as it will be total loss
remove air box and fit pod filters or no filters at all.
race ignition module or dyna ignition unit (massive difference but will need a rejet as the bike will make power all the way to rev limiter instead of tapering off at 11500rpm)
get front and rear suspension done to suit your weight riding skill.
rear ride height adjuster.
if you have got a spare $2-3000 then some mag racing wheels will save you about 9kg in rotating mass.
520 chain conversion with alloy rear sprocket.
braided brake lines for better braking feel.

but one key thing to remember is that motorbike riding is 30% bike and 70% rider. no point trying to make the bike the best if the rider cant keep up with it.

Deano
25-04-2007, 11:50 AM
http://www.streetfighters.com.au/forum/upload/77964763564551.JPG

this is my track bike

Finplan
08-05-2007, 09:19 PM
:)mods going good...but...need race glass for the bike.
can anyone help with moulds etc
Thanks
Tony