PDA

View Full Version : I WALKED.. then went to the hosp and got shot down

dRRew
22-01-2006, 09:20 PM
learnt how with a physio and dad yesterday, so i just practised and stuff trying to feel it and get confidence to just do it, then today i just got up outa the chair and did it! fuck yeah! not long now boys and i'll be sweet as. only walked proper for about maybe 50m all up but hey, it was proper. sore as fuck now but luckily the "prescribed" billys were there to sooth me..

maybe 100m tomorow??

ozkat
22-01-2006, 09:23 PM
onya mate

22-01-2006, 09:27 PM
like i said before ,walking is optional,riding is compulsary:D

BOHEMION
22-01-2006, 09:53 PM
Mate thats tops news!

Tony Nitrous
22-01-2006, 10:06 PM
Must be strange to be off your feet then learn again !
Hope I never find out !

Well done,

Tony & Ellie.

23-01-2006, 06:38 AM
50 Metres?!!!? Only need 2 metres to step up and throw you're leg over bike mate, come on, get with the program. :D

And physio's? Glorified masseus' mate;), you tell'em that you want one of those BLonde Swedish 'physios';), with tits bigger than her head!!![:p]

Catch ya on the road mate.[8D]

Razorback
23-01-2006, 07:41 AM
Awesome, you gonna get a turbo for your sneakers ?

dRRew
23-01-2006, 11:53 AM
yeah Tony it was a real strange sensation, still is coz i cant bend my leg properly and lean this weird angle coz im still afraid that the rod is going to snap off the bone and pierce the side of my leg.
helllllll yeah blonde hot physios! i got a pretty nice sorta 30 yr old milfy one, got cute little glasses, brunette tho, not the best boobs.. bit over her. need CANDY for recovery.
im going to fucken turbo somethnig razor.. and soon.

suxukifreak
23-01-2006, 03:33 PM
Mate i know what you mean, 1 1/2 years ago i broke my tibea & fibea and got a rod and 4 screws as a sovenier, didnt walk unaided for 8 weeks and it was SOOOO great to get mobile again, hopefully by this time next year you wont even know what happened ;)

chadams
23-01-2006, 04:00 PM
I took the cast option when I broke my tib and fib... up to my nuts in plaster for 3.5 months then up to my knee for another 4 months.... after all that the leg was still stuffed for another 12months.... Now I look back wishing I had them put a rod and screw in.. It was offered as an option.. silly me... I was back on a bike about 2months after the 2 cast came off. I could no hold the bike up when I stopped at lights with the leg I broke ....

stevo
23-01-2006, 04:57 PM
know how ya feel ... won a race meeting while I was still on crutches too ... :D ... didn't that piss a few guys off

crazymofo
23-01-2006, 05:07 PM
thats top news drew!

all the best on the recovery process!

cheers.joe.

24-01-2006, 12:25 PM
Barry Sheene was back on a bike in 6 weeks after his stack at silvertsone,I believe its all in ya head mate.Have a plan & stik to it:D[8D]
I been outa[^] plaster for 2 weeks[}:)]cut it off meself

speeddemon
24-01-2006, 12:37 PM
Are you on anti inflam drugs?? may help - I bet shean had a few pumping in him.

Gix11
24-01-2006, 02:08 PM
Hey Mundy. Cut your own plaster off!? Love ya work mate. Have you been riding with the cast on as well? I bet you gave it a go.

24-01-2006, 07:27 PM
Mundy`s recovery diet consists of plenty O pasta:)
beetroot,watermelon & ginger`fresh` juice;)
BEER[8D]
GOOD red[}:)](to reduce joint inflamation)
& an incredibly STRONG mind;)
I`ll race ya walking frames drew!:D

dRRew
25-01-2006, 02:46 PM
my diet= fuck all food coz im afraid of getting fat, lots of beer coz im over being sober in this fucken chair, and billys, to keep me occupied. cant get to a shop or anything so sweets, soft drinks are limited.

Id love to race you mundy, but i went to the hosp today and was shut down fucken big time.. got x rays on the leg and shoulder. Clavicle and scapular appear to be knitting well. your progress with movement and muscle strength is encouraging. full use and movement should be available after 2 weeks of physio and controlled excersise. Femur- I told him i walked and he nearly fell over, he explained the break and surgoury to me. Where my leg has hit the tree is where my bone broke, but it smashed the bone up into pieces so roughly 20% of it had to be taken out and the 2 ends of bone were ground down. they put the 28cm "nail" straight down in the middle and the plan is that the bone will grow over it and meet back up and be back together again. so im like right well its sweet then i can go and hes like nah, maximum weight to be applied is 40% becoz so far only the ends of bone have grown to the "nail" but it hasnt started to bridge the gap yet, so he said that i was lucky that one of the ends hasnt twisted which would require further surgery becasue a screw would break the corner worst case scenario. so. i cant walk on it untill i see the dr again which is feb 22. dr said i will probly be off work a further month. fuck. so shut down i thought i was wizzing it.. feel like fucken punching something. dont it suck when it feels so right yet its apparantly very wrong..

Large
25-01-2006, 03:21 PM
You could just get your bike fitted out like this...

http://www.dreamfit.com.au/pages/motorcyclists-with-disabilities.php

clairebear
25-01-2006, 03:32 PM
wholy crap ddrew, how the fuck did you manage all that, i musta not seen the post...
good luck with your recovery...
Lets hope whilst Mundy is in the habit of cutting his own things off, he doesnt cut his own thingy off, if you get my drift.
It was good to see you today Mundy, you look pale, but good.

Gix11
25-01-2006, 03:41 PM
If you look at any section of the forum you'll see there are no posts from December, that's because some Turkish twat decided to fuck up the forum and delete loads of shit. One of those was Drrew's post about his crash and the pictures. If he gets chance he might put them up again for you. He's the first person I've ever met who has pictures of his own crash scene, helicopter and all!
By the way drew, my leg started to ache just reading the pin through to ends bit. Fark mate, if that had snapped again..........!@#$%

suxukifreak
25-01-2006, 03:53 PM
Hey Large, that looks like some for QRIDE to use on the learners ;)
http://www.streetfighters.com.au/forum/upload/93621353626919.jpg

Tony Nitrous
25-01-2006, 04:33 PM
I have a good vid of Barry Sheene getting his pins
taken out. They screwed an attachment to the top and
started to knock it up and out with what look's like a
lump hammer !!
Its amazing what can be done, but...
Fingers crossed its never me.

Tony.J.

Large
25-01-2006, 07:09 PM
quote:Originally posted by suxukifreak

Hey Large, that looks like some for QRIDE to use on the learners ;)
http://www.streetfighters.com.au/forum/upload/93621353626919.jpg

I remembered reading about this a while back. The "trainer wheels" only come down at low speed to stop the bike from falling over.

No offence meant dRRew :)

Large
25-01-2006, 07:13 PM
quote:Originally posted by Tony Nitrous

I have a good vid of Barry Sheene getting his pins
taken out. They screwed an attachment to the top and
started to knock it up and out with what look's like a
lump hammer !!
Its amazing what can be done, but...
Fingers crossed its never me.

Tony.J.

Did you ever see that "Real Life Hospital" show that had some 80 year old digger getting his knees replaced?

They sawed off his knees...then drilled them out... then the doctor hammered in 12" long titanium spikes with a fucking sledgehammer.

When the old dude woke up a day later...he had no idea...

stevo
25-01-2006, 07:53 PM
Take it easy Drew...

listen to the docs

been there, done that..... and it's still not 100% and never will be BUT it coulda been a damn sight worse ...

fimpBIKES
27-01-2006, 05:14 PM
i hate how doctors dont explain shit to you FIRST

its why i ask heaps of questions, that couldve REALLY sucked right there...
u think with all their edumacation that they could learn some customer service!

Gix11
27-01-2006, 06:59 PM
Yea, listen to the Doc dRRew, this stuff "eeeeeza no goooda":

http://streetfighters.com.au/forum/upload/BD_8.jpg

BOHEMION
27-01-2006, 07:13 PM
Hey, He almost didnt bring his chair at all yesteday, He is keen to get outta the thing

Gix11
27-01-2006, 07:59 PM
Well he did. You can see in the picture above.

BOHEMION
27-01-2006, 08:01 PM
HAHAHA

dRRew
27-01-2006, 09:12 PM
i did its true, but i meant it, its the wheel chair version of a cliff hanger, i told yall i was a stunter... this is called DEDICATION

fimpBIKES
27-01-2006, 10:00 PM
SQUIIIIIIID!!