PDA

View Full Version : Streetfighter in the US

ianG
20-01-2006, 06:42 AM
Greetings everyone. I'm a HUGE streetfighter fan from California. Unfortunately most US ri\iders like their bikes covered in plastic...not me.

I'm currently riding a TL1000s streetfighter, but I'm planning to get a new R1 and convert it to streetfighter trim. Their aren't many sources in the US for streetfighter enthusiasts and was hoping some of you nice folk could steer me to some examples of new R1 streetfighters that might give me some ideas.

I came across this one on the site and almost wet my pants.

http://www.streetfighters.com.au/forum/upload/R1-4.jpg

This is basically what I'd like to do, but any other exmaples would be great.

Cheers,
Ian

fimpBIKES
20-01-2006, 11:54 AM
SHOW US THE TILLIS!!!

03gixxerpilot
20-01-2006, 12:02 PM
proberley (no it is ) the best example of a fightered R1 i have seen, been on alot of sites and seen alot of good and not so good examples, i can honstly say that in my opinion that this is the cleanist most well thought out one i have seen yet a real credit to the blokes that put it together!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!

ps show us pic of the TL

Gix11
20-01-2006, 12:17 PM
Hey Ian, good of you to join us mate. For the record, FighterMC in Ireland is looking to do an R1 as well (although maybe an older version) but here's some examples of R1s if you haven't already seen them: http://www.streetfighters.com.au/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=820

03gixxerpilot
20-01-2006, 12:24 PM
Hey Ian forgot to say G'day and welcome to the sight, hope you enjoy it and get involved
Cheers mate.

ianG
21-01-2006, 05:27 AM
Thanks guys.

I think I've got some pix of the TL around someplace...I'll dig them up and post a few. It looks like an SV (only better)...but when people see the side mounted shock they get a little confused. I just drilled holes in the triple and mounted some risers and a K and N superbike bar. It's quite the fun wheelie machine.

All I can say is Europe and Australia get all the nice bikes straight from the factory. I like all bikes...anything on two wheels is fine by me. But I like seeing all the bits and pieces. Even the VTR250 in OZ is a hot looking bike. Naked bikes just aren't appreciated here nearly as much. And when I mention to people I wanna streetfighter an R1 I get some pretty strange looks.

Ian

Zed14
21-01-2006, 05:52 AM
youll get strange looks from strange people. its only natural.

Razorback
21-01-2006, 09:08 AM
Welcome..

I almost wet my pants before I found this site :D

qickdraw
22-01-2006, 06:22 PM
quote:Originally posted by 03gixxerpilot

proberley (no it is ) the best example of a fightered R1 i have seen, been on alot of sites and seen alot of good and not so good examples, i can honstly say that in my opinion that this is the cleanist most well thought out one i have seen yet a real credit to the blokes that put it together!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!

...hmmmmmm... wouldn't be biased at all, would we 03Gix?!?!?![}:)]

Tony Nitrous
22-01-2006, 06:51 PM
quote:Originally posted by ianG

Greetings everyone. I'm a HUGE streetfighter fan from California.
Cheers,
Ian

Yeah, I've met a couple of Americans and they were too!
Personaly I blame McDonalds :D

JOKE Ian, JOKE ;)
Good choice with the TLS,
always an entertaining ride.

Tony.J.

ianG
23-01-2006, 04:52 PM
quote:Originally posted by Tony Nitrous

quote:Originally posted by ianG

Greetings everyone. I'm a HUGE streetfighter fan from California.
Cheers,
Ian

Yeah, I've met a couple of Americans and they were too!
Personaly I blame McDonalds :D

JOKE Ian, JOKE ;)
Good choice with the TLS,
always an entertaining ride.

Tony.J.

If it weren't for McDonald's all the local suspension tuners would be out of business. Seems every season local racers have to get their bikes resprung for the track to get ready for race season. :D

And yes, the TLs is an 'entertaining' ride to say the least.

Cheers,
Ian