PDA

View Full Version : fukin rain or wot

Jockney Rebel
22-04-2007, 11:24 PM
just got back from my little jaunt down to chalkies gaff and the old girl run like a sweetie..untill that is the heavens erupted and drowned me and the bike ..id forgotten about the fact that 70s jap bikes dont like rain
i limped into Sydney on 3 pots with the 4th chimin in evry now and again which made cornering really interestin
still after a few mugs of tea and ciggys i left the in laws and and made me way up the F3 only to bump into the same downpour id left in southern NSW
but all good now ....ta chalk chop and bruce pukka grin :D

fimpBIKES
22-04-2007, 11:44 PM
yeah mate, just pissed down here in newy

kat used to hate it, if i didnt keep revs up at red lights she would stop
and then it was a matter of taking a break for half an hour til it decided it wanted to go again :(

chopiesel
23-04-2007, 03:15 AM
haha i got home ok last night but went to go for a ride after it cleared up today and the damn tire plug we put in was missing!!! must have come out some place between chalkies and here, i re did it and lucky i got a compressor as i used all the compressed air cylinders at chalks. let it sit for a few mins before riding on it this time. pilot powers tommorrow...well later today!!

zx12argh
23-04-2007, 08:31 AM
I used to love how on my GPZ the head was raised at the end for the OHC and made a nice little rain water collector... I used to carry a chamois and WD40 wherever I went...

pt
23-04-2007, 10:03 AM
i reckon. spent yesterday afternoon sanding and spraying then went to go for a ride, FUCKING DOWNPOUR:([V]

Jockney Rebel
23-04-2007, 05:12 PM
guess where me WD was?.......at home
i used to carry it everywhere i went in britian ...i guess im gettin aussieifed

23-04-2007, 07:47 PM
At least you made it home mate.

Didn't take too long after you left and I was crashed on the couch. But at least there were some beers left in the fridge for this evening.

And we'll have to organise another round of drinks in the ACT soon Chop/Bruce. We'll make it a partners as well one, then you won't have to worry about riding home pissed. ;)

fimpBIKES
23-04-2007, 08:02 PM
just say when mate

Jockney Rebel
23-04-2007, 08:14 PM
ta chalkie for the weekend mate ..i was knackered when i got home ...thats what we get for rabbiting all night
u lot will have to come up here one weekend

23-04-2007, 08:43 PM
give it another 4-6 weeks Fimp, and you're on. Maybe you can drag a few of the locals down with ya.

Must admit Chop, I'm impressed you made it home, 3 pissed blokes (a kiwi, an Aussie and a scot at that) fixing a puncture ain't always thew best idea , that could've gotten seriously out of order :D

Oh and my pleasure Franken, kinda made up for missing the AFR ;)

Jockney Rebel
23-04-2007, 08:53 PM
well get yer arse up here and we ll introduce u to the three of us up here

23-04-2007, 09:04 PM
Soon as I can organise another kid free weekend Franken. Hmmm, maybe when I get the box fixed, and the new rear wheel fitted.

TurboKat
23-04-2007, 10:16 PM
Hmmmmm.... I'm gunna hafta have a chat with Aussie Post, it seems my invitation to Chalky's bash got lost in the mail. [V]

loosebruce
23-04-2007, 10:19 PM
Good to catch up guys.
that Talisker is nectar.
If I hadn't left when I did, that 7AM start on Sunday would not have happened.

23-04-2007, 10:35 PM
Come on TK, you don't need an invite, you're always welcome at my Gaff.

Maybe we should organise a wid-winter bash in the frozen capital?

Jockney Rebel
23-04-2007, 11:12 PM
quote:Originally posted by loosebruce

Good to catch up guys.
that Talisker is nectar.
If I hadn't left when I did, that 7AM start on Sunday would not have happened.

good stuff that ...just right to keep ya warm on a cold highland night had a good time guys :D

Jockney Rebel
23-04-2007, 11:13 PM
ive got some 'special' whisky comin soon private stock home made he he he

23-04-2007, 11:16 PM
Yeah Franken, can you get that Talisker in Aus?

23-04-2007, 11:19 PM
Have you seen this site Franken?

http://www.singlemalt.com.au/sitemap.html