PDA

View Full Version : Anti Dive forks

dazz
20-04-2007, 09:02 AM
http://www.streetfighters.com.au/forum/upload/1017594424126884.jpg

Is this antidive system any good or if not how can it be bypassed.

Zed14
20-04-2007, 09:05 AM
just undo the bolts and make a plate to block it off. forks better now.

Benz
20-04-2007, 10:02 AM
When the system is clean it works, but.....mostly one or both of the top pistons/actuators in the system jam up, and the adjusters underneath get a very vague feel, so its pretty shithouse!!These faults effect the brake lever feel, and the suspension response.
Blank them off, but you should allow fluid to pass across the holes, otherwise you've effectively set the damping of the fork much higher.
I was going to disconnect the feeder brake lines and make some kind of mechanical adjuster to replace them, effectively giving the forks tunable damping, but ended up chucking the whole frontend.
Anyone need a complete GPZ750turbo frontend!!

dazz
20-04-2007, 10:37 AM
so bypass it is:D

Thanks

shift1313
20-04-2007, 11:46 AM
yeah it was a great idea in the 80s but theres a reason its not on anything anymore.

Docktor
20-04-2007, 12:14 PM
Its crap Benz, toss it out, you can have my turbo front end as well if u want a matchin pair of crap forks.zx9 is good for em,mid 90 gixxas

20-04-2007, 06:56 PM
Dazz, when they're set up properly they work great, don't listen to what the others say. As for condition, GPzZone in the UK can provide a replacement seal kit for them (and it's the only place you can get the kit, Kawasaki never supplied one).

If you do remove them then check out GPz900r.org, they have plans for the necessary bypass that you'll need to use. Just blocking them off will fuck up the damping on the front end. You'll also have to get stronger springs to compensate.

Jockney Rebel
20-04-2007, 07:13 PM
dazz i may have some braided lines for the anti dive on your gsx in my tool box u can have ill dig em out for ya
i blanked mine off and the brakes were better didnt really notice any difference in the handelling but thats probably because mine were fuked anyway

Benz
20-04-2007, 08:08 PM
quote:Originally posted by Docktor

Its crap Benz, toss it out, you can have my turbo front end as well if u want a matchin pair of crap forks.zx9 is good for em,mid 90 gixxas

Er.Thanx but no thanx, I was trying to gid rid of the set I have already!:D

shift1313
20-04-2007, 09:08 PM
in all honesty they arent terrible but at near 200lbs my front end was too soft for me anyways and my antive still worked. My gpz forks also had the air in them and you needed to keep that at 7psi or you had no front end feel at all. Depending on what you want out of the bike they might be okay for you. Me i personally wanted something newer without antidive or air and something that had compression and rebound dampening.

damo1
21-04-2007, 08:36 AM
Chalk on the band wagon again mate:D;)

Chalky would probly know hes old his bike is old and it also has those things on the forks that noone else has seen ah old mate[:0];)

21-04-2007, 09:24 AM
Hey I'm working on the principle of 'what's old is new gain' here mate.

Well at my age ya gotta don't ya :D