PDA

View Full Version : Simpson Bandit Helmets

ozkat
01-10-2005, 12:10 PM
Ive just got onto some Bandit Helmets $550.00 + $20 postage if anyone is interested. tinted visors are $20 each if you order with the helmet. the only catch is i need to order 5 at a time to get them for that price. normal price in Australia is $1100-$1200. if i can get 4 others who want one ill order them asap. let me know if your interested. im ordering a size 7 1/2 for myself which is equal to a large AGV or large Arai.

Gix11
02-10-2005, 03:25 AM
What model mate? Do you mean the actual original BANDIT. I was chasing the old RX8. If you can get one, count me in. let me know....... A black bandit may suffice though.

Gix11
02-10-2005, 03:25 AM
What model mate? Do you mean the actual original BANDIT. I was chasing the old RX8. If you can get one, count me in. let me know....... A black bandit may suffice though.

EXBEN
02-10-2005, 01:34 PM
Yeah Im after an Outlaw but a Bandit will suffice if thats all you can get,as long as it's not the street legal version.Can you get them in black ?

EXBEN
02-10-2005, 01:34 PM
Yeah Im after an Outlaw but a Bandit will suffice if thats all you can get,as long as it's not the street legal version.Can you get them in black ?

ozkat
02-10-2005, 04:27 PM
http://www.streetfighters.com.au/forum/upload/bandit.jpg this is the same as the helmet he showed me on saturday. ill find out early this week if i can get any different models.

ozkat
02-10-2005, 04:27 PM
http://www.streetfighters.com.au/forum/upload/bandit.jpg this is the same as the helmet he showed me on saturday. ill find out early this week if i can get any different models.

Gix11
02-10-2005, 09:37 PM
I wait in anticipation mate.......

Gix11
02-10-2005, 09:37 PM
I wait in anticipation mate.......

EXBEN
02-10-2005, 11:16 PM
MMMMM... I'd better call the Airbrush artist & let him know Im comin!

EXBEN
02-10-2005, 11:16 PM
MMMMM... I'd better call the Airbrush artist & let him know Im comin!

speeddemon
03-10-2005, 10:00 PM
You do know that the are non complying helmets (dont meet ADR)- big fine in NSW if it doesnt have that magical silver label on it.

speeddemon
03-10-2005, 10:00 PM
You do know that the are non complying helmets (dont meet ADR)- big fine in NSW if it doesnt have that magical silver label on it.

EXBEN
03-10-2005, 11:26 PM
Cough...Cough...Yeah.. Race use only;)...Cough!
Just like the exhaust system.....;):)

EXBEN
03-10-2005, 11:26 PM
Cough...Cough...Yeah.. Race use only;)...Cough!
Just like the exhaust system.....;):)

ozkat
14-10-2005, 04:42 PM
http://www.streetfighters.com.au/forum/upload/sizechart1x.gif here is the size chart used to determine what size helmet you need. simpson helmets are measured in hat size so all you need to do is measure your head or compare your current helmet size to the hat size . TO ENSURE AN ACCURATE FIT, use this chart to order your correct helmet size. Carefully measure around your head, above the ears. Take the measurement, in inches or centimeters, referring to the sizing chart below for your correct hat/helmet size. Helmet must fit properly for optimum performance. its taking a little longer than i thought to get this organised. im dealing with an australian supplier not american so if there are any problems we arnt dealing with someone 10000km away. bear with me if your wanting one of these helmets as i want to get everything right so there are no problems after we purchase. thanks Ozkat

ozkat
14-10-2005, 04:42 PM
http://www.streetfighters.com.au/forum/upload/sizechart1x.gif here is the size chart used to determine what size helmet you need. simpson helmets are measured in hat size so all you need to do is measure your head or compare your current helmet size to the hat size . TO ENSURE AN ACCURATE FIT, use this chart to order your correct helmet size. Carefully measure around your head, above the ears. Take the measurement, in inches or centimeters, referring to the sizing chart below for your correct hat/helmet size. Helmet must fit properly for optimum performance. its taking a little longer than i thought to get this organised. im dealing with an australian supplier not american so if there are any problems we arnt dealing with someone 10000km away. bear with me if your wanting one of these helmets as i want to get everything right so there are no problems after we purchase. thanks Ozkat

EXBEN
15-10-2005, 12:19 AM
Hey Oz whats the go with models/colours ?

EXBEN
15-10-2005, 12:19 AM
Hey Oz whats the go with models/colours ?

sluglie
15-10-2005, 10:30 AM
they are simpsons, they only come in black and white (anything else is just wrong) if you want to know about models check out http://www.simpsonraceproducts.com/products/Helmets.aspx i have a speedway rx in white myself

sluglie
15-10-2005, 10:30 AM
they are simpsons, they only come in black and white (anything else is just wrong) if you want to know about models check out http://www.simpsonraceproducts.com/products/Helmets.aspx i have a speedway rx in white myself

BOHEMION
15-10-2005, 02:02 PM
I rekon we should do a Promotional Aussie Streetfighter Simpson Helmet would look smick at race/track days and any future bike shows!
I'm sure someone here knows of a good airbrish artist. I would definatly put in for that Gix!

BOHEMION
15-10-2005, 02:02 PM
I rekon we should do a Promotional Aussie Streetfighter Simpson Helmet would look smick at race/track days and any future bike shows!
I'm sure someone here knows of a good airbrish artist. I would definatly put in for that Gix!

Gix11
19-10-2005, 07:25 PM
Oz. I might be in need of one of these babies a bit sooner than I thought. My helmet got run over by my Hilux tonight and it's slightly fucked. No I wasn't driving before you ask. How long before you can find out details mate or else I'll have to head out for another helmet. Don't have anything now! By the way, it looks pretty groovy when your helmet goes flat and then springs back to a shape, kinda resembling a helmet again. Don't try it though.....

Gix11
19-10-2005, 07:25 PM
Oz. I might be in need of one of these babies a bit sooner than I thought. My helmet got run over by my Hilux tonight and it's slightly fucked. No I wasn't driving before you ask. How long before you can find out details mate or else I'll have to head out for another helmet. Don't have anything now! By the way, it looks pretty groovy when your helmet goes flat and then springs back to a shape, kinda resembling a helmet again. Don't try it though.....

ozkat
19-10-2005, 07:45 PM
ill have all details tomorrow night... hopefully. ill post as soon as i can. Geez mate what were you doing lying behind your car? and did you head spring back into shape ok as well?

ozkat
19-10-2005, 07:45 PM
ill have all details tomorrow night... hopefully. ill post as soon as i can. Geez mate what were you doing lying behind your car? and did you head spring back into shape ok as well?

19-10-2005, 07:53 PM
ya acnt replace a helmet with such character Gix,took years of sweat an accidental drops to achieve that effect. time to frame her an retire her to the wall of fame

19-10-2005, 07:53 PM
ya acnt replace a helmet with such character Gix,took years of sweat an accidental drops to achieve that effect. time to frame her an retire her to the wall of fame

Gix11
20-10-2005, 01:14 PM
Yea. She's straight to the pool room Davo.
No Oz, my head stayed flat. Quite an improvement actually.

Gix11
20-10-2005, 01:14 PM
Yea. She's straight to the pool room Davo.
No Oz, my head stayed flat. Quite an improvement actually.

cjburns esq
21-10-2005, 03:41 PM
Ozkat, I might be tempted into a Balck Bandit with Black visor, wanted one ever since my drag racing days.
Gix11, do you get the lux into the dirt often?

cjburns esq
21-10-2005, 03:41 PM
Ozkat, I might be tempted into a Balck Bandit with Black visor, wanted one ever since my drag racing days.
Gix11, do you get the lux into the dirt often?

Gix11
23-10-2005, 01:18 PM
CJ - Not on a regular basis mate but given the chance I do. Just had a play on Fraser last weekend again. Airbourne stupidity brings a smile.
Oz - I need 2 more helmets as well now mate.

Gix11
23-10-2005, 01:18 PM
CJ - Not on a regular basis mate but given the chance I do. Just had a play on Fraser last weekend again. Airbourne stupidity brings a smile.
Oz - I need 2 more helmets as well now mate.

23-10-2005, 07:14 PM
Gix shoulda let me know ya was hittin the beach mate,i woulda joined ya in my boss's 4by.fukin outstanding place that

23-10-2005, 07:14 PM
Gix shoulda let me know ya was hittin the beach mate,i woulda joined ya in my boss's 4by.fukin outstanding place that

cjburns esq
28-10-2005, 03:25 PM
Couple of pics here
http://cjburns7.tripod.com

cjburns esq
28-10-2005, 03:25 PM
Couple of pics here
http://cjburns7.tripod.com

cjburns esq
28-10-2005, 03:36 PM
And a couple more
http://www.4wdlinks.com.au/gallery/cjburns7

Damn sorry some one seems to have hijacked the thread.
I am still interested in a Bandit.
What side of the country are on Ozkat? Do you perchance ride a Katana?

cjburns esq
28-10-2005, 03:36 PM
And a couple more
http://www.4wdlinks.com.au/gallery/cjburns7

Damn sorry some one seems to have hijacked the thread.
I am still interested in a Bandit.
What side of the country are on Ozkat? Do you perchance ride a Katana?

svfighter
30-10-2005, 08:02 PM
Hey guys i know im a bit late but have u got those helmets in yet..im pretty keen on one myself..

svfighter
30-10-2005, 08:02 PM
Hey guys i know im a bit late but have u got those helmets in yet..im pretty keen on one myself..

ozkat
30-10-2005, 08:57 PM
SV your not too late im just waiting to hear back from the US with firm pricing and delivery times. as it stands now the price for a Simpson Bandit is $550 delivered to me. then if i need to post these to anyone it will be $20 Australia wide. at the moment i can only get them in white for that price but im waiting on prices for black bandits. (black is not a standard Simpson color and they charge extra to change the color) the helmets will not be more than $550+$20 if i need to send them to you. tinted visors will be avalible at $20 each but that price is not %100 confirmed. if anyone is interested in buying one of these helmets i need you to let me know what SIZE you need. see the sizing chart i posted earlier. the sooner i get confirmed numbers of helmets required the sooner you will get them. i will order them as soon as i get 5 confirmed orders (6 including mine) PLEASE BE AWARE THESE HELMETS COME WITH NO ADR COMPLIANCE. and therefore are only for offroad and racing use. you may email me direct at shayynne@bigpond.com or message me through this web site with your order. please put Simpson Bandit in the Subject info. thanks Ozkat

ozkat
30-10-2005, 08:57 PM
SV your not too late im just waiting to hear back from the US with firm pricing and delivery times. as it stands now the price for a Simpson Bandit is $550 delivered to me. then if i need to post these to anyone it will be $20 Australia wide. at the moment i can only get them in white for that price but im waiting on prices for black bandits. (black is not a standard Simpson color and they charge extra to change the color) the helmets will not be more than $550+$20 if i need to send them to you. tinted visors will be avalible at $20 each but that price is not %100 confirmed. if anyone is interested in buying one of these helmets i need you to let me know what SIZE you need. see the sizing chart i posted earlier. the sooner i get confirmed numbers of helmets required the sooner you will get them. i will order them as soon as i get 5 confirmed orders (6 including mine) PLEASE BE AWARE THESE HELMETS COME WITH NO ADR COMPLIANCE. and therefore are only for offroad and racing use. you may email me direct at shayynne@bigpond.com or message me through this web site with your order. please put Simpson Bandit in the Subject info. thanks Ozkat

Gix11
31-10-2005, 03:01 PM
I got a helmet on the net from Germany before and it told me to use the helmet size guide on the site (similar to that one up there) so I chose as it guided me and then when it showed up it was way too small. I then learnt that all helmets fit differently and only give you a chart as a guide. Consequently I'm a bit hesitant on the sizing mate. Do Revolution stock them on Ferry Road so I might get to put one on and see what the sizes are like? I'm still up for 3 mate. The other guy who wants one had the same problem before as well and wanted to get one on his head. My Shoei was a 56-57 M and fitted great. Paul's helmet fits me also and the sticker says 54 XS - go figure? As far as the ADR compliance stickers are concerned I might know a man that knows a man etc etc (if you get my drift).

Gix11
31-10-2005, 03:01 PM
I got a helmet on the net from Germany before and it told me to use the helmet size guide on the site (similar to that one up there) so I chose as it guided me and then when it showed up it was way too small. I then learnt that all helmets fit differently and only give you a chart as a guide. Consequently I'm a bit hesitant on the sizing mate. Do Revolution stock them on Ferry Road so I might get to put one on and see what the sizes are like? I'm still up for 3 mate. The other guy who wants one had the same problem before as well and wanted to get one on his head. My Shoei was a 56-57 M and fitted great. Paul's helmet fits me also and the sticker says 54 XS - go figure? As far as the ADR compliance stickers are concerned I might know a man that knows a man etc etc (if you get my drift).

31-10-2005, 06:02 PM
I might know a man that knows a man etc etc (if you get my drift).
[/quote]sounds a bit suss,you been watchin too much queer eye for the straight guy.

31-10-2005, 06:02 PM
I might know a man that knows a man etc etc (if you get my drift).
[/quote]sounds a bit suss,you been watchin too much queer eye for the straight guy.

Gix11
31-10-2005, 07:38 PM
Mate, I don't watch TV at all, which means you must watch too much to know something about queer guy or whatever it's called. What does that have to do with queer guy stuff anyway? Which bit?

Gix11
31-10-2005, 07:38 PM
Mate, I don't watch TV at all, which means you must watch too much to know something about queer guy or whatever it's called. What does that have to do with queer guy stuff anyway? Which bit?

31-10-2005, 08:47 PM
yeah not alot,just dribblin again. apparently oldskoolsuzuki is runnin a contest on the best dressed Bandit paint job,sounds like a good excuse to be buyin a white 1.Tony owns 1(as ya know) so maybe ya xcould try his on 4 size mate.you blokes look like similar skull size,not sure of any dealer that stocks em but i know Stu is well on the ball when it comes to Bandits,he mite be able to help out too.remember ya talkin about that dodgey lid ya bought so that is always gunna be onya mind from experience.fukin lota cash to part with for summin that dont fit rite,write,right.

31-10-2005, 08:47 PM
yeah not alot,just dribblin again. apparently oldskoolsuzuki is runnin a contest on the best dressed Bandit paint job,sounds like a good excuse to be buyin a white 1.Tony owns 1(as ya know) so maybe ya xcould try his on 4 size mate.you blokes look like similar skull size,not sure of any dealer that stocks em but i know Stu is well on the ball when it comes to Bandits,he mite be able to help out too.remember ya talkin about that dodgey lid ya bought so that is always gunna be onya mind from experience.fukin lota cash to part with for summin that dont fit rite,write,right.

Gix11
31-10-2005, 10:44 PM
Yea. Anyone out there got one I can try or know where I can try one? Or better still anyone got a medium sized Shoei RF200 and knows what Bandit size is exactly the same?

Gix11
31-10-2005, 10:44 PM
Yea. Anyone out there got one I can try or know where I can try one? Or better still anyone got a medium sized Shoei RF200 and knows what Bandit size is exactly the same?

cjburns esq
01-11-2005, 11:13 AM
quote:Originally posted by Gix11

Anyone got a Shoei XR1000 Lrg and knows what Bandit size is the same?
CJ

cjburns esq
01-11-2005, 11:13 AM
quote:Originally posted by Gix11

Anyone got a Shoei XR1000 Lrg and knows what Bandit size is the same?
CJ

01-11-2005, 03:14 PM
hey Shaynno,are these units exchangable if they dont fit by any chance? i'd grab 1 but i'm not a gamblin man,even tho i just won triffucta at Flemmington.:D cant decide wot to get maself 4 xmas[:p]

01-11-2005, 03:14 PM
hey Shaynno,are these units exchangable if they dont fit by any chance? i'd grab 1 but i'm not a gamblin man,even tho i just won triffucta at Flemmington.:D cant decide wot to get maself 4 xmas[:p]

suxukifreak
01-11-2005, 03:46 PM
quote:http://www.streetfighters.com.au/forum/upload/1-11-2005_16.44.16DSCF0712.jpgi take a 59-60 KBC helmet but i cant find the size on my simpson

suxukifreak
01-11-2005, 03:46 PM
quote:http://www.streetfighters.com.au/forum/upload/1-11-2005_16.44.16DSCF0712.jpgi take a 59-60 KBC helmet but i cant find the size on my simpson

01-11-2005, 04:23 PM
and you drink Carlton Cold(legend).that helmut looks race bred judging by the anchor point on the bottom right,it just wants to be strapped to a carbon neck/back brace,havnt got 1 of them babies as well by any chance Suxfrea?

01-11-2005, 04:23 PM
and you drink Carlton Cold(legend).that helmut looks race bred judging by the anchor point on the bottom right,it just wants to be strapped to a carbon neck/back brace,havnt got 1 of them babies as well by any chance Suxfrea?

suxukifreak
01-11-2005, 04:28 PM
SORRY, no HANS device but i am thinking about one of those honda air bags ;) [^]

suxukifreak
01-11-2005, 04:28 PM
SORRY, no HANS device but i am thinking about one of those honda air bags ;) [^]

01-11-2005, 04:34 PM
apparently the gas that is released after activation is more lethal than the impact itself.just do what i do and ride with balloons strapped to your bars.havnt got a foto of that yet but i'm sure Gix an Huddo will have 1 sumwhere

01-11-2005, 04:34 PM
apparently the gas that is released after activation is more lethal than the impact itself.just do what i do and ride with balloons strapped to your bars.havnt got a foto of that yet but i'm sure Gix an Huddo will have 1 sumwhere

suxukifreak
01-11-2005, 05:08 PM
ive just worked out what your upto davo!! all you want is your 1000 th post!!!! :D ;)

suxukifreak
01-11-2005, 05:08 PM
ive just worked out what your upto davo!! all you want is your 1000 th post!!!! :D ;)

Gix11
01-11-2005, 05:11 PM
You wouldn't happen to be thinking of this corker would you Davo? Hasn't been seen for a while. I'm sure some of the newer guys will appreciate the work you put into it.....

http://www.streetfighters.com.au/forum/upload/1-11-2005_18.9.10davo_bike2.jpg

Gix11
01-11-2005, 05:11 PM
You wouldn't happen to be thinking of this corker would you Davo? Hasn't been seen for a while. I'm sure some of the newer guys will appreciate the work you put into it.....

http://www.streetfighters.com.au/forum/upload/1-11-2005_18.9.10davo_bike2.jpg

01-11-2005, 05:33 PM
yeah thats it mate,isnt she sexy. but i was talkin about the updated model with the balloons off the hangers,surely yav got a foto of that 1 hangin around.;)

01-11-2005, 05:33 PM
yeah thats it mate,isnt she sexy. but i was talkin about the updated model with the balloons off the hangers,surely yav got a foto of that 1 hangin around.;)

01-11-2005, 05:36 PM
quote:Originally posted by suxukifreak

numbers mean nuthin to me Suxfre,i'm just 1 dedicated forum guru,an besides,sumcunt has to be Number 1.

01-11-2005, 05:36 PM
quote:Originally posted by suxukifreak

numbers mean nuthin to me Suxfre,i'm just 1 dedicated forum guru,an besides,sumcunt has to be Number 1.

Gix11
01-11-2005, 07:08 PM
Shit man! What was I thinking!? Of course - The NEW mods you did recently! I have it right here mate:

http://www.streetfighters.com.au/forum/upload/1-11-2005_20.6.40Davo.jpg

Gix11
01-11-2005, 07:08 PM
Shit man! What was I thinking!? Of course - The NEW mods you did recently! I have it right here mate:

http://www.streetfighters.com.au/forum/upload/1-11-2005_20.6.40Davo.jpg

suxukifreak
01-11-2005, 07:12 PM
i like the fish forks and you even changed the chain and breaks to opposite sides!! [^] :D

suxukifreak
01-11-2005, 07:12 PM
i like the fish forks and you even changed the chain and breaks to opposite sides!! [^] :D

01-11-2005, 08:26 PM
yeah thats the ones i was referin to mate.aint nobody knows how to build em like me. dont you blokes go copyin my designs now.took me an mates years to perfect these modifications,but they are"beyond most of you" so i rekon i got nuthin to worry about.:D[:0][:X]

01-11-2005, 08:26 PM
yeah thats the ones i was referin to mate.aint nobody knows how to build em like me. dont you blokes go copyin my designs now.took me an mates years to perfect these modifications,but they are"beyond most of you" so i rekon i got nuthin to worry about.:D[:0][:X]