PDA

View Full Version : Exben's Tough Flame Jacket

God
30-09-2005, 02:59 PM
Hey Exben,

Spotted in new issue of Rapid.

That Icon jacket of yours is tough!

Dumb question but is the Icon brand available locally as yet?

BOHEMION
30-09-2005, 03:16 PM
Afraid not. Ive been searching for ages. I am after the Icon Hero Daytona Jacket, But can only seem to pick em up in the States

Sux!!!!!!

BOHEMION
30-09-2005, 03:16 PM
Afraid not. Ive been searching for ages. I am after the Icon Hero Daytona Jacket, But can only seem to pick em up in the States

Sux!!!!!!

EXBEN
30-09-2005, 08:43 PM
If your Large size & quick this is a bargin
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ICON-BURNER-LEATHER-JACKET-BLACK-SIZE-LARGE-NEW_W0QQitemZ8002580521QQcategoryZ6750QQrdZ1QQcmdZ ViewItem

EXBEN
30-09-2005, 08:43 PM
If your Large size & quick this is a bargin
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ICON-BURNER-LEATHER-JACKET-BLACK-SIZE-LARGE-NEW_W0QQitemZ8002580521QQcategoryZ6750QQrdZ1QQcmdZ ViewItem

EXBEN
30-09-2005, 09:07 PM
Or just go to US ebay motors & search for ICON,theres stacks of stuff on there & plenty of them ship to OZ

EXBEN
30-09-2005, 09:07 PM
Or just go to US ebay motors & search for ICON,theres stacks of stuff on there & plenty of them ship to OZ

Gix11
30-09-2005, 11:23 PM
Ben, you hero you! I'm a lame bastard and don't get that mag, so what were you up to? Or is it just your advert? Have you gone for the cheesy grin bike saleman pose? You'd do well with that mate.

Gix11
30-09-2005, 11:23 PM
Ben, you hero you! I'm a lame bastard and don't get that mag, so what were you up to? Or is it just your advert? Have you gone for the cheesy grin bike saleman pose? You'd do well with that mate.

Angry Guy
01-10-2005, 01:09 AM
HEY BOHEMIAN, What size are you looking for? What color? I have the black one in my shop, in size 48(which fits a chest size of 44-46). I can get them pretty fast, and for about $310.00 u.s./$30.00 u.s. shipping, 7-10 days.Converting it, it comes out to $447.00(aussie) with tax and shipping.Let me know if I can help you out.

Angry Guy
01-10-2005, 01:09 AM
HEY BOHEMIAN, What size are you looking for? What color? I have the black one in my shop, in size 48(which fits a chest size of 44-46). I can get them pretty fast, and for about $310.00 u.s./$30.00 u.s. shipping, 7-10 days.Converting it, it comes out to $447.00(aussie) with tax and shipping.Let me know if I can help you out.

TurboKat
01-10-2005, 01:14 AM
Hey ExBen, I hadta buy that issue as well, had a flick thru it at the newsagents & saw ZXR/ZX9R, I'm about to do the same thing to mine so I thought there could be a handy hint or two.
Well, started readin' the ar-tickle & Bugger Me Quietly, it's a C motor [:0] Nice work mate.
The write up said that you had to pump the frame spars out to get the motor in, did that alter the steering head angle?
Anyhoo, I've heard a lot of people say a B model ZX9 motor bolts straight into a ZXR L, can anyone confirm that 'coz that's what I had in mind. (I'm not as clever as Ben [V])
B.T.W. sweeeeeet CF tailpiece mate, self supporting an' all [:p]
If anyone hasn't checked out the mag (Rapid), go to your local newsagent & have a look at Ben's 'Fighter it's a class bit of kit allright & the best part is IT'S NOT A GIXER [:0][:0][:0] (That should get the hate mail rolling nicely :D)
Onya Benno, you've really raised the bar for the rest of us now :((Fuckin smartarse...... mumble...mutter..)

TurboKat
01-10-2005, 01:14 AM
Hey ExBen, I hadta buy that issue as well, had a flick thru it at the newsagents & saw ZXR/ZX9R, I'm about to do the same thing to mine so I thought there could be a handy hint or two.
Well, started readin' the ar-tickle & Bugger Me Quietly, it's a C motor [:0] Nice work mate.
The write up said that you had to pump the frame spars out to get the motor in, did that alter the steering head angle?
Anyhoo, I've heard a lot of people say a B model ZX9 motor bolts straight into a ZXR L, can anyone confirm that 'coz that's what I had in mind. (I'm not as clever as Ben [V])
B.T.W. sweeeeeet CF tailpiece mate, self supporting an' all [:p]
If anyone hasn't checked out the mag (Rapid), go to your local newsagent & have a look at Ben's 'Fighter it's a class bit of kit allright & the best part is IT'S NOT A GIXER [:0][:0][:0] (That should get the hate mail rolling nicely :D)
Onya Benno, you've really raised the bar for the rest of us now :((Fuckin smartarse...... mumble...mutter..)

hooligan
01-10-2005, 08:00 PM
The shittiest thing is, most of it really was lying around his shop (he just happened to have it upstairs). Bastard.

hooligan
01-10-2005, 08:00 PM
The shittiest thing is, most of it really was lying around his shop (he just happened to have it upstairs). Bastard.

EXBEN
01-10-2005, 10:41 PM
Thanks for the kind words fellas,Turbokat the B model pretty much goes straight in the L frame with slight mods to the front engine mounts (drill them out bout half a hole)& some slight relieving with a dremmel around the oil line to the head.A customer of mine has just done it & he said he couldn,t believe how easy it was.The C model is considerably more work ( bout a $1200 conversion) the reason I went that way was because the C engine is 9kg lighter than the B,Oh & I got it cheap off ebay...Gotta love Ebay:D.To answer your question bout the head angle,No I didn't change It cause I only had to modify the inner half of the frame rails.
Cheers

EXBEN
01-10-2005, 10:41 PM
Thanks for the kind words fellas,Turbokat the B model pretty much goes straight in the L frame with slight mods to the front engine mounts (drill them out bout half a hole)& some slight relieving with a dremmel around the oil line to the head.A customer of mine has just done it & he said he couldn,t believe how easy it was.The C model is considerably more work ( bout a $1200 conversion) the reason I went that way was because the C engine is 9kg lighter than the B,Oh & I got it cheap off ebay...Gotta love Ebay:D.To answer your question bout the head angle,No I didn't change It cause I only had to modify the inner half of the frame rails.
Cheers

EXBEN
01-10-2005, 10:48 PM
Hey Hoola girl.. oops sorry I mean Hooligan:D:D speaking of bits lying around my workshop, youv'e got a box full.Weren't you gonna see if any one wanted your old system ?

EXBEN
01-10-2005, 10:48 PM
Hey Hoola girl.. oops sorry I mean Hooligan:D:D speaking of bits lying around my workshop, youv'e got a box full.Weren't you gonna see if any one wanted your old system ?

BOHEMION
02-10-2005, 01:00 AM
Hey Angry mate I will keep you informed mate ! Excellent to see that you can get them I will let you know ASAP I wanted a black Hero Daytona One. But i think my chest size is about 42?? I will get back to you on that one bud :D

Cheers

BOHEMION
02-10-2005, 01:00 AM
Hey Angry mate I will keep you informed mate ! Excellent to see that you can get them I will let you know ASAP I wanted a black Hero Daytona One. But i think my chest size is about 42?? I will get back to you on that one bud :D

Cheers