PDA

View Full Version : ** LEATHERS **

throttlejockey
21-06-2006, 07:40 PM
gidday all,
i intend this topic to guage the opinion of peoples like you & me when purchasing leathers.

so, please assist in posting as many replies as possible to help in our supply chain. if we can do this, you will be the winners.

we MAY have the rights to import & supply jackets, gloves,etc, BUT ESPECIALLY 1 & 2 PIECE FULL SUITS OF GEAR. (from italy)

1_ MADE FROM COW OR KANGAROO LEATHER
2_ CUSTOM MADE TO FIT
3_ ONLINE ORDER ONLY, BUT WITH VERY, VERY COMPREHENSIVE INFO FOR YOUR CUSTOM MADE SUIT.
4_ MULTIPLE MODERN DESIGN & COLOUR CHOICE TO SUIT THE MOST CONSERVETIVE, TO RACER, TO BLING RIDER.

[u]questions are:</u>

1_ would you purchase online if perfect fit guaranteed or money back?
2_ how much would you pay?

please note, the brand is a "name" brand from italy.
cant tell you any more for the moment...;)

thank for your time people.
throttle

devo
21-06-2006, 07:48 PM
A.1 I would pay online if the above were true to word.
A.2 It depends on the brand of-course but like most of us
we all want to pay as little as possible.So I guess if we
knew what brand then we could roughly say what we would
pay (if that makes sense Throttle)

throttlejockey
21-06-2006, 09:00 PM
thanks devo.

c'mon, 17 readers & 1 reply???

price - Alpinestars or Dainese = $1800 - $2200.
most other brands $900 & up.

what would you pay for a name brand CUSTOM MADE TO MEASURE suit?

gibbo
21-06-2006, 09:13 PM
If it was guaranteed guaranteed then yes.
As for price I'm not real sure but I just got quoted $1350 for a 2 piece Joe Rocket so if I could find better for less that'd be great.

throttlejockey
21-06-2006, 09:21 PM
around that price mark, yes.

the joe rocket is for an "off the shelf" item.
if your like me, off the shelf is too wide, too long, too short, etc, etc.

this is for a 1 off custom amde suit to your exact size as specified by you.
in a range of MODERN design styles & colours.

i reckon a bargain for that price

21-06-2006, 09:49 PM
2 piece $600
1 piece $800

my arse is tight,and i also frequent ebay.But i like the sound of your proposal

throttlejockey
21-06-2006, 10:18 PM
mate, that is fish arse tight.

alpinestars JACKETS are $800.

but like you, i am an eGay lover. in fact, this is how this whole thing got started...

21-06-2006, 10:22 PM
i know...seems we have the same conversations with ebayers

fimpBIKES
21-06-2006, 10:52 PM
mmm, im VERY interested
i have been looking at leathers for the last few days (since i came across a crashed rider on the weekend)

the joe rocket GPX-R one piece suit can be mine for about US$600 shipped, so if u could come in at less than a grand i would have to seriously consider it

would the suit include CE approved armour (elbows, knees, shoulders and back minimum)

also i have an idea for a colour sceme, i will see if i can find a pic ;)

fimpBIKES
21-06-2006, 11:20 PM
i would pay a tad more if u could make it look like this...
http://www.streetfighters.com.au/forum/upload/107208561625416.jpg

Large
21-06-2006, 11:29 PM
http://img68.imageshack.us/img68/1556/dallassuperherocharacter5nj.jpg

gibbo
22-06-2006, 12:01 AM
what time frame are we looking at?

ozR1127
22-06-2006, 12:52 AM
[8D]if it was a gauranteed to fit , an a good price, keen on the kangaroo,but moo cow is fine, an one peice, but what brand ?what about armour ?

22-06-2006, 09:00 AM
quote:Originally posted by fimpBIKES

i would pay a tad more if u could make it look like this...
http://www.streetfighters.com.au/forum/upload/107208561625416.jpg

Complete withg the nancy boy inside it Fimpy..........sweetie ???

:D

BOHEMION
22-06-2006, 11:07 AM
What Brands can you get mate? I am looking at 1 peice suits myself

Deano
22-06-2006, 01:27 PM
Will it come with the leather mask?

i reckon $1500.00 would be reasonable but keep in mind that bad news travels fast.

you just need to sell one suit that dosn't fit quite right and that customer to be stuffed around for ages getting the right fitting suit and then your reputation will be shot to shit.

sorry but its the truth.

If someone on this site brought one and had a few problems then you would loose me as a potential customer.

good luck with it all

22-06-2006, 02:23 PM
Leathers are the sort of thing I prefer to try before I buy, same as helmets, boots etc.

Is Kangaroo hide as good as cow hide?

BillyWhizz888
22-06-2006, 02:41 PM
questions are:

1_ would you purchase online if perfect fit guaranteed or money back?
Yes, do so on aregular basis (farkin e-bayitis)

2_ how much would you pay?
As much as I deam neccesary to get the right item, though the idea of getting a bargain always springs to mind..

usually the postage makes up for the discount so not much gain
I just got a new leather from E-Bay (Thanks to the twat who took mine from the pub) and it has turned out to be a ripper for the price

TurboKat
22-06-2006, 03:26 PM
quote:Originally posted by chalk10

Is Kangaroo hide as good as cow hide?

Apparently, 'Roo hide shits all over Cow hide, for a given thickness, it has over twice the tensile & impact tear strength & is approx. half the weight.
Downside is that it's more than double the cost (seems there's only one Country you can get it from ;)), so if someone's telling you they can make the suit for the same price in Roo as in Cow, there's something up.
I'm told all the Moto GP guys wear Kangaroo leather suits & probly most of the top level Road Racers in the world.

pt
22-06-2006, 06:00 PM
theres probably more bloody kangaroos than cows in this country so why is it so expensive![:o)]

as for the leathers, since tiger angel are runnign at about 1800+ for a custom suit i'd say wnywhere below that. you need to build a reputaion then jack up the price once you can ride on that a bit:)

throttlejockey
22-06-2006, 08:27 PM
pt, that last comment has always has me wondering also.
perhaps its in the curing.
so many friggin kangaroos, aussie should have its own bloody brand.

now that an idea!!

these are all very good questions.

to answer the most comman :
we will not be able to supply brands - its one brand only.

you have a choice of kangaroo or cow leather. ventilated or non-ventilated. race or touring fit too. choice also of style & colour design from a template. so sorry folks, no elvis or superman suits.

yes, approved ce armour. you een have a choice of no hump, small, or large hump. (let the coments fly with that one!!)

what if you walked into a bike shop, & you liked the look of a (lets say) alpinestars suit. but you wanted it in a custom fit suit?
the fitter measured you up.
he recorded every concievable measurement of your body.
you chose your style, & colours.
you paid & deposit & were told when you could pick up the complete product when balance of payment were required.
would you do that? i would.

THE TEMPLATE PROVIDED IS THE SAME AS WHAT ANY PROFESSIONAL TAILOR OR FITTER WOULD USE. IN FACT, THERE ARE MORE REQUIREMENTS HERE AS WE HAVE TO BE VERY VERY SURE OF FIT.

this is the exact same scenario, except we have removed the physical store & repalced it with a virtual one. (but with a real product!!)

we would obviously have to provide potential buyers opportunities to see, touch & feel the end product. obvioulsy on ride days & club events!

the brand will also be promoted with sponsered racers in our own domestic series. this will provide the ultimate tests.

fimpBIKES
22-06-2006, 10:36 PM
pics??

throttlejockey
22-06-2006, 10:43 PM
soon fimp.
we need to confirm supply from italy.
then we can show you the site, how it works, we will have samples landed here with reps wearing em - including yours truely.

gibbo
22-06-2006, 11:43 PM
All sounds good but how far into the future are we talking, only asking because I am looking at purchasing at the moment.

23-06-2006, 08:13 AM
One of the things affecting the cost of Roo hide is that there is very little market for other products from the animal. The roo meat trade is very small.

Whereas the cattle trade is HUGE in Aus, everything from dairy to meat, to other less tasty products. And cows are easier to handle/farm.