PDA

View Full Version : Have Streetfighters become socially acceptable?

God
13-09-2005, 06:58 PM
Is it a sign of streetfighters becoming socially acceptable?

Reading through the latest issue of ye olde fart rider (aka Australian Road Rider), I spied their new "project bike" - the STREETFIGHTER "NIGHTFIGHTER" PROJECT.

The Nightfighter is to be "their" take on the SF craze and is based on a Hyosung 650 nudie bike so that it is friendly and accessible to everyone - oh dear! Very few details so far but definitely no engine work as it is powerful enough as it is - oh dear!!!

I started to get angry and indignant at the idea of the olde farts trying to be wannabes - must the influence of Rex - but then again I ride a honda hornet (a soft & friendly bike if ever there was) and concluded good luck to them and anyone who rides and mods their ride.

The Nightfighter is meant to be at the Melb bike expo this weekend.

fimpBIKES
13-09-2005, 07:02 PM
it could work

the whole point of a fighter is to take a nice clean "ordinary" bike
and turn it into a sumnabitch kikyateeethin bastard of a thing that only the owner could love

but the least they could do it put a small NOS kit on FFS!!!

fimpBIKES
13-09-2005, 07:02 PM
it could work

the whole point of a fighter is to take a nice clean "ordinary" bike
and turn it into a sumnabitch kikyateeethin bastard of a thing that only the owner could love

but the least they could do it put a small NOS kit on FFS!!!

13-09-2005, 08:41 PM
Oh my fucking GOD.

Next there'll be a fucking Ulysses StreetFighter chapter.

Grannies with drag bars and NOS [V]

13-09-2005, 08:41 PM
Oh my fucking GOD.

Next there'll be a fucking Ulysses StreetFighter chapter.

Grannies with drag bars and NOS [V]

Gix11
13-09-2005, 09:59 PM
Hyosung.... Hyosung! That's it. I'm starting a fucking crochet website......

Gix11
13-09-2005, 09:59 PM
Hyosung.... Hyosung! That's it. I'm starting a fucking crochet website......

13-09-2005, 10:00 PM
or even a lesbian chapter[:p][:p][:p].

13-09-2005, 10:00 PM
or even a lesbian chapter[:p][:p][:p].

13-09-2005, 11:11 PM
Lesbian Grannies? :(

You are one sick fuck Davo :D:D

13-09-2005, 11:11 PM
Lesbian Grannies? :(

You are one sick fuck Davo :D:D

TurboKat
14-09-2005, 12:30 AM
Are you taking the piss or what Hornet[?]
A Korean Streetfighter? What next? fuckin Virago fighters. :([xx(]Pocketbike fighters? [V][}:)]
Might hafta take a can of fuel & some matches to the expo.... on second thoughts petrol's too xpensive, I'll just kick the fuckin shitheap over & piss on it, consider it ethnic cleansing.
I AM fuckin racist.
BTW, what were you doing reading that mag? Did you lose a bet [?]

TurboKat
14-09-2005, 12:30 AM
Are you taking the piss or what Hornet[?]
A Korean Streetfighter? What next? fuckin Virago fighters. :([xx(]Pocketbike fighters? [V][}:)]
Might hafta take a can of fuel & some matches to the expo.... on second thoughts petrol's too xpensive, I'll just kick the fuckin shitheap over & piss on it, consider it ethnic cleansing.
I AM fuckin racist.
BTW, what were you doing reading that mag? Did you lose a bet [?]

God
14-09-2005, 09:45 AM
Nah turbokat,

Didn't lose a bet re: reading ye olde fart rider mag.

Although I'm about 20 years younger than the mag's targeted audience, once you get past the bofs, late starters and born agains with pathetic little lives who write the narrow minded "cruisers are what god rides, sports bikes should be banned, etc", it is arguably the best Aussie mag for people who ride bikes on the road rather than wank off at the local cafe or spend their life going in circles at the track. Main focus of the mag is "road riding" ie travelling 'n' touring and all that stuff. You'd never buy it to read road tests but the other stuff is pretty interesting to me anyway.

God
14-09-2005, 09:45 AM
Nah turbokat,

Didn't lose a bet re: reading ye olde fart rider mag.

Although I'm about 20 years younger than the mag's targeted audience, once you get past the bofs, late starters and born agains with pathetic little lives who write the narrow minded "cruisers are what god rides, sports bikes should be banned, etc", it is arguably the best Aussie mag for people who ride bikes on the road rather than wank off at the local cafe or spend their life going in circles at the track. Main focus of the mag is "road riding" ie travelling 'n' touring and all that stuff. You'd never buy it to read road tests but the other stuff is pretty interesting to me anyway.

special-k
14-09-2005, 07:58 PM
Pocketbike fighters? Now that I'd pay to see! lol [:p] [:p] [:p]

special-k
14-09-2005, 07:58 PM
Pocketbike fighters? Now that I'd pay to see! lol [:p] [:p] [:p]

14-09-2005, 09:09 PM
oh fuckit,that was my next project.naked pocket rocket,18 inches seat height,solid rubber,solid forks,zip start,cable drum brakes,massive intake,annoyingly loud straight thru header,pushin around 180hp with a top speed of around 73klm/h.
guess its back to the drawing board.(maybe a zip start 4 my GSXR11)[8D]

14-09-2005, 09:09 PM
oh fuckit,that was my next project.naked pocket rocket,18 inches seat height,solid rubber,solid forks,zip start,cable drum brakes,massive intake,annoyingly loud straight thru header,pushin around 180hp with a top speed of around 73klm/h.
guess its back to the drawing board.(maybe a zip start 4 my GSXR11)[8D]

J7-11
15-09-2005, 09:22 PM
Pay up!!!

http://www.elstars.com.au/images/products/large/mon04.jpg

J7-11
15-09-2005, 09:22 PM
Pay up!!!

http://www.elstars.com.au/images/products/large/mon04.jpg

ozkat
15-09-2005, 09:27 PM
hey J have you still got that 750 top triple clamp?

ozkat
15-09-2005, 09:27 PM
hey J have you still got that 750 top triple clamp?

fimpBIKES
15-09-2005, 09:39 PM
holy shit, thats sooo gay i think i will have to go punch myself in the NUTS!!!

fimpBIKES
15-09-2005, 09:39 PM
holy shit, thats sooo gay i think i will have to go punch myself in the NUTS!!!

Gix11
15-09-2005, 10:20 PM
My thoughts exactly.

Gix11
15-09-2005, 10:20 PM
My thoughts exactly.

TurboKat
15-09-2005, 10:26 PM
AAAAAAAAAARRRRRRGGGGHHHHH :([V]:([}:)]
Actually it pains me to admit it but that looks pretty trick [:0][B)]
Now I hafta have kids so I can get one [:I]

TurboKat
15-09-2005, 10:26 PM
AAAAAAAAAARRRRRRGGGGHHHHH :([V]:([}:)]
Actually it pains me to admit it but that looks pretty trick [:0][B)]
Now I hafta have kids so I can get one [:I]

special-k
19-09-2005, 06:27 PM
HAHAHAHA!!! Now that's a pocket bike I'd ride..... lol [:o)] [:o)]

And yes - Streetfighters seem to have become socially accepted, just like the entire biking thing in general according the the old digger I was chatting to last week. He recons the reason so many bikers are knocked off by cars is that people are no longer scared by bikers. They no longer think that if they look at a biker the wrong way they're gonna get a few bullet holes in their new BMW, so they pay no attention to them. Maybe it's time to change their thinking?!?! [}:)]

special-k
19-09-2005, 06:27 PM
HAHAHAHA!!! Now that's a pocket bike I'd ride..... lol [:o)] [:o)]

And yes - Streetfighters seem to have become socially accepted, just like the entire biking thing in general according the the old digger I was chatting to last week. He recons the reason so many bikers are knocked off by cars is that people are no longer scared by bikers. They no longer think that if they look at a biker the wrong way they're gonna get a few bullet holes in their new BMW, so they pay no attention to them. Maybe it's time to change their thinking?!?! [}:)]

19-09-2005, 09:34 PM
ohhh siiiic. is that the 11cc engine in the 7cc frame J ? good to see the owner has taken power into consideration and overbraced the swingarm. what about the powerade bottle behind the massive power plant,ideal for long hot summer rides.

19-09-2005, 09:34 PM
ohhh siiiic. is that the 11cc engine in the 7cc frame J ? good to see the owner has taken power into consideration and overbraced the swingarm. what about the powerade bottle behind the massive power plant,ideal for long hot summer rides.

Gix11
19-09-2005, 11:11 PM
I like the blue 3D glasses strapped to the back of the frame so you can wack them on and feel like your doing the full 20kph in glorious 3D.

Gix11
19-09-2005, 11:11 PM
I like the blue 3D glasses strapped to the back of the frame so you can wack them on and feel like your doing the full 20kph in glorious 3D.

20-09-2005, 06:07 PM
:D:D:D

20-09-2005, 06:07 PM
:D:D:D

Angry Guy
24-09-2005, 05:00 AM
First off I think us old guys are getting a bum rap, there is alot of us 40+ guys here who still like to ride hard and fast.As far as streetfighters go, I don't want to be mainstream completly, we need to keep it original and unique, put your own ideas into your ride.I don't want to be loved by everyone, but by individuals who think and do for themselves, and want to set themselves apart from the rest of the masses, who have been lead astray by the decline of the custom motorcycle as we know it, and feel they need to fit in.We are individuals and not followers, hopefully know one wants to be looked at as normal or stock.Remember,"The view from a follower is always of someones ass"(I just made that up).I have way too much time on my hands lately.

Angry Guy
24-09-2005, 05:00 AM
First off I think us old guys are getting a bum rap, there is alot of us 40+ guys here who still like to ride hard and fast.As far as streetfighters go, I don't want to be mainstream completly, we need to keep it original and unique, put your own ideas into your ride.I don't want to be loved by everyone, but by individuals who think and do for themselves, and want to set themselves apart from the rest of the masses, who have been lead astray by the decline of the custom motorcycle as we know it, and feel they need to fit in.We are individuals and not followers, hopefully know one wants to be looked at as normal or stock.Remember,"The view from a follower is always of someones ass"(I just made that up).I have way too much time on my hands lately.

Gix11
25-09-2005, 12:08 AM
Nice. I like your spur of the moment saying Angry. How come you've got so much time on your hands mate? Wouldn't mind some of that myself.......

Gix11
25-09-2005, 12:08 AM
Nice. I like your spur of the moment saying Angry. How come you've got so much time on your hands mate? Wouldn't mind some of that myself.......

special-k
26-09-2005, 05:55 PM
if streetfighters get any more socially acceptable they'll be available in 50cc scooter versions...

;)

special-k
26-09-2005, 05:55 PM
if streetfighters get any more socially acceptable they'll be available in 50cc scooter versions...

;)

Angry Guy
27-09-2005, 12:48 AM
THANKS GIX11, I do have alot of time on my hands lately, I am strapped to the desk for awhile, and have to hang in the store, I guess I'm the only one who can talk streetfighter here. We are also starting a new line of neoprene face masks, so it's alot of artwork and paperwork bullshit.I am truly hoping it ends soon, my finger nails are starting to get clean, just kidding I wear latex, chicks don't dig dirty hands(haha), no we do graphics so you can't get oils and grease on the vinyl. I gave up women, way to expensive and confusing, fun but way to confusing, my son keeps me focused and the business keeps me busy.SO that's that.

Angry Guy
27-09-2005, 12:48 AM
THANKS GIX11, I do have alot of time on my hands lately, I am strapped to the desk for awhile, and have to hang in the store, I guess I'm the only one who can talk streetfighter here. We are also starting a new line of neoprene face masks, so it's alot of artwork and paperwork bullshit.I am truly hoping it ends soon, my finger nails are starting to get clean, just kidding I wear latex, chicks don't dig dirty hands(haha), no we do graphics so you can't get oils and grease on the vinyl. I gave up women, way to expensive and confusing, fun but way to confusing, my son keeps me focused and the business keeps me busy.SO that's that.