PDA

View Full Version : Never to make Streetfighter status

12-09-2005, 08:53 PM
last Saturday another young motorcyclist was killed on the Sunshine Coast's busiest road(Aerodrome road,Maroochydore)after pulling a wheel stand from a set of lights straight into a car turning in front of him at the next intersection.Sundays local paper showed a picture of a stiff under a blanket surrounded by a pool of blood with the helmet about 5 metres up the road.(kinda messy).this is the 3rd death in 2 months in this vicinity from much the same reason,being a fuckin show off in the main street of town.Todays paper shows about 100 of his friends gathered around the crash site to pay tribute to the lad(21yo).also kinda messy.so whats my point???
I have trouble feeling sympathy for idiots who have fuckall experience riding bikes that r powered way beyond their potential,ride in shorts an singlets and most of all,think its tough to wear a helmet without doin up the strap,then go down the main drag of town tryin to impress the local 13yo teeny bopper on her way to the plaza by doin sumthin that they have no idea how to do and kill emselves in the process.why do i feel this way??? Coz it gives the rest of us a bad reputation,and as a result the pigs r now out to book every rider they see,just to make it look like theyre crakin down on idiots.
Sure,i dont mind a wheel stand now an then,but at least i know my bike well enough to predict what gunna happen when i crank the throttle open,an ya wont see me doin it thru the citys main street,unless a dog is watching,unlike alot of these young guns fresh of their learners permits who think they r just invincable,who go an buy a GSX-R 600 or sumthin similar an ride it like its a 33hp 250.i do feel sorry for their friends an familys,but have no sympathy for their inexperienced stupidity.
guess i shouldn't complain,australia needs more spare parts(for buildin Streetfighters) an organ donors.
this is not a direct punt,its a general feeling about young inexperienced riders so i'm sorry if anyone knows this person an i have offended you.just havin my 10 cents worth.[V][|)]

fimpBIKES
12-09-2005, 09:40 PM
i see your 10cents
and raise u my 2!!!

right there with you davo (although im not sure as to whether your details are correct with this particular squid)

fimpBIKES
12-09-2005, 09:40 PM
i see your 10cents
and raise u my 2!!!

right there with you davo (although im not sure as to whether your details are correct with this particular squid)

12-09-2005, 09:44 PM
maybe not mate,but i like to dramatize.

maybe not mate,but i like to dramatize.

Davo,you are not alone.I am VERY lucky to be alive today.I work in the industry & have been involved with many riders.Being younger today is different to mine.Loosing mates is wrong.

Davo,you are not alone.I am VERY lucky to be alive today.I work in the industry & have been involved with many riders.Being younger today is different to mine.Loosing mates is wrong.

chadams
13-09-2005, 02:23 AM
I feel the cops should be able to fine fools that ride around in shorts and t shirts.. Last Saturday it was a warm day in Sdyney and the amount of wankers I saw riding 1000cc plastic racers in shorts and t-shirts. You almost hope they crash so they can feel what its like to have gravel removed with a scrubbing brush.. The minimum riding gear should be jeans, jacket, gloves and helmet.

chadams
13-09-2005, 02:23 AM
I feel the cops should be able to fine fools that ride around in shorts and t shirts.. Last Saturday it was a warm day in Sdyney and the amount of wankers I saw riding 1000cc plastic racers in shorts and t-shirts. You almost hope they crash so they can feel what its like to have gravel removed with a scrubbing brush.. The minimum riding gear should be jeans, jacket, gloves and helmet.

suxukifreak
13-09-2005, 05:56 AM
not to forget the yuppies on there brand new scotters in there business gear around town!!!

suxukifreak
13-09-2005, 05:56 AM
not to forget the yuppies on there brand new scotters in there business gear around town!!!

Zed14
13-09-2005, 07:16 AM
how else are we gonna get rid of the fuckwits. they are young and cant be told. they have to find out the hard way.

Zed14
13-09-2005, 07:16 AM
how else are we gonna get rid of the fuckwits. they are young and cant be told. they have to find out the hard way.

Zed14
13-09-2005, 07:20 AM
http://www.streetfighters.com.au/forum/upload/burnout 002.jpghhhmmmmm kawasaki. the day i did this i went for a ride in full leathers. it was hot so i went home and got changed into the safety gear you see and when i started rolling off after this burnout i hit some smooth surface and lost it. then i also lost a fair bit of skin.learnt my lesson. not wearing my reeboks anymore while doing a burnout. wore hole right through the side.

Zed14
13-09-2005, 07:20 AM
http://www.streetfighters.com.au/forum/upload/burnout 002.jpghhhmmmmm kawasaki. the day i did this i went for a ride in full leathers. it was hot so i went home and got changed into the safety gear you see and when i started rolling off after this burnout i hit some smooth surface and lost it. then i also lost a fair bit of skin.learnt my lesson. not wearing my reeboks anymore while doing a burnout. wore hole right through the side.

BOHEMION
13-09-2005, 11:15 AM
I agree with you Davo, I mean what was he expect to happen, He complete the wheelie and Half naked girls all run out at once calling him a hero and ask him for his number.

This is why I am not in a hurry to get a larger bike until I have some track experience and gain more experience on the daily commute. I am the first to admit that my skill on a road bike is not the best but I dont try and push myself and try to prove myself by doing stoopid moves.

BOHEMION
13-09-2005, 11:15 AM
I agree with you Davo, I mean what was he expect to happen, He complete the wheelie and Half naked girls all run out at once calling him a hero and ask him for his number.

This is why I am not in a hurry to get a larger bike until I have some track experience and gain more experience on the daily commute. I am the first to admit that my skill on a road bike is not the best but I dont try and push myself and try to prove myself by doing stoopid moves.

God
13-09-2005, 02:01 PM
It's not just the young-uns that are at risk.

The touring club that I ride with is involved with some of the community based rider training/safety initiatives and we seem as many late starters and born agains that really shouldn't be riding.

I think alot of the problem is just what you get when a potentially dangerous activity becomes too accessible to people who either don't have the aptitude to learn the skill or the sense to control themselves.

If it wasn't for the increased policing (anyone been down the GOR, Reefton, etc on a sunny day), extra restrictions and increased insurance costs, I'd congratulate these knobs for removing themselves from the gene pool.

God
13-09-2005, 02:01 PM
It's not just the young-uns that are at risk.

The touring club that I ride with is involved with some of the community based rider training/safety initiatives and we seem as many late starters and born agains that really shouldn't be riding.

I think alot of the problem is just what you get when a potentially dangerous activity becomes too accessible to people who either don't have the aptitude to learn the skill or the sense to control themselves.

If it wasn't for the increased policing (anyone been down the GOR, Reefton, etc on a sunny day), extra restrictions and increased insurance costs, I'd congratulate these knobs for removing themselves from the gene pool.

clairebear
13-09-2005, 03:16 PM
i'm with ya Davo, i was lucky enough to pull my dumb stunt on a country road and only hit a telegraph pole rather than a car coming the other way.. it was a short sharp and expensive lesson that i never forgot, but how do you stop them? a lot of kids get a bike for all those reasons you listed, not for a passion, just for a pose. they'll never learn how to ride them properly and give them up before they get to 30 (which is about 5 years before the stupidity wears off)..and dont get me started on born agains. was out sun with a few dukes (a couple with the dry clutch) some silly old hoggly doggly rider with a lovely open faced helmet asked what the terrible noise was and what was wrong with the bike (other than being a duke of course)...i love born agains![xx(]
dead emotional this thread

clairebear
13-09-2005, 03:16 PM
i'm with ya Davo, i was lucky enough to pull my dumb stunt on a country road and only hit a telegraph pole rather than a car coming the other way.. it was a short sharp and expensive lesson that i never forgot, but how do you stop them? a lot of kids get a bike for all those reasons you listed, not for a passion, just for a pose. they'll never learn how to ride them properly and give them up before they get to 30 (which is about 5 years before the stupidity wears off)..and dont get me started on born agains. was out sun with a few dukes (a couple with the dry clutch) some silly old hoggly doggly rider with a lovely open faced helmet asked what the terrible noise was and what was wrong with the bike (other than being a duke of course)...i love born agains![xx(]
dead emotional this thread

special-k
13-09-2005, 04:53 PM
yeh well q-ride has a lot to do with this i recon as now as long as you can get your learners monday, do q-ride on tuesday and wednesday, then ride away at 280kph on a GSXR1000 on the thursday! [}:)]

You can pretty much go from having zero bike experience to having a full unrestricted license within a week. Which is pretty much what I did (besides the GSXR bit, lol)

You can't stop em, it's Darwin in action. Survival of the fittest and smartest ones. You just gotta hope they don't take anyone else out with them like the idiotic cagers do... Happened just up the road from my place about two months ago, exactly the same. A young bloke on a brand new 600cc sports bike pulled out of a street park and fanged it wheel up right through 1st, 2nd, 3rd gear... Then a turning car cut his run (and life) a lot shorter...

quote:Originally posted by BOHEMION

complete the wheelie and Half naked girls all run out at once calling him a hero and ask him for his number.
Hell if that's the case I'm hitting the coast up on one wheel!!! ;)[8D]:D[:p]

special-k
13-09-2005, 04:53 PM
yeh well q-ride has a lot to do with this i recon as now as long as you can get your learners monday, do q-ride on tuesday and wednesday, then ride away at 280kph on a GSXR1000 on the thursday! [}:)]

You can pretty much go from having zero bike experience to having a full unrestricted license within a week. Which is pretty much what I did (besides the GSXR bit, lol)

You can't stop em, it's Darwin in action. Survival of the fittest and smartest ones. You just gotta hope they don't take anyone else out with them like the idiotic cagers do... Happened just up the road from my place about two months ago, exactly the same. A young bloke on a brand new 600cc sports bike pulled out of a street park and fanged it wheel up right through 1st, 2nd, 3rd gear... Then a turning car cut his run (and life) a lot shorter...

quote:Originally posted by BOHEMION

complete the wheelie and Half naked girls all run out at once calling him a hero and ask him for his number.
Hell if that's the case I'm hitting the coast up on one wheel!!! ;)[8D]:D[:p]

Zed14
13-09-2005, 05:16 PM
should be like the northern territory. 250 for 1 year then 600 for 1 year then open license.

Zed14
13-09-2005, 05:16 PM
should be like the northern territory. 250 for 1 year then 600 for 1 year then open license.

13-09-2005, 05:17 PM
yeah Spesh,Q ride is a fuckin joke.everyday i have at least 2 more victims riding past my factory on bikes with full roll cages playing follow the leader.after a quik squirt its back to pro honda at Kunda park to write up the licences.then they sign em up on a new blade or similar coz "thats how ya sell bikes".Sunny coast is full of em.

half naked girls are rare up here ,most of the ones that run out in front of me r fully naked.;)

13-09-2005, 05:17 PM
yeah Spesh,Q ride is a fuckin joke.everyday i have at least 2 more victims riding past my factory on bikes with full roll cages playing follow the leader.after a quik squirt its back to pro honda at Kunda park to write up the licences.then they sign em up on a new blade or similar coz "thats how ya sell bikes".Sunny coast is full of em.

half naked girls are rare up here ,most of the ones that run out in front of me r fully naked.;)

BOHEMION
13-09-2005, 06:31 PM
yeah the fully naked ones are the old Woolworths protesters at Montville! arn't they davo? Yum yum

BOHEMION
13-09-2005, 06:31 PM
yeah the fully naked ones are the old Woolworths protesters at Montville! arn't they davo? Yum yum

13-09-2005, 08:09 PM
nuthin wrong with a hairy old gutted rabbit Boh.its Maleney not Montville mate,fuckin funny watchin the hippies cry as woolies destructs a platypus burrow with 1 000 000 tonnes of concrete.its like nimbin up there.

13-09-2005, 08:09 PM
nuthin wrong with a hairy old gutted rabbit Boh.its Maleney not Montville mate,fuckin funny watchin the hippies cry as woolies destructs a platypus burrow with 1 000 000 tonnes of concrete.its like nimbin up there.

ozkat
13-09-2005, 08:16 PM
davo you have a message from me.:D

ozkat
13-09-2005, 08:16 PM
davo you have a message from me.:D

13-09-2005, 09:53 PM
no worries mate.consider it done;)

13-09-2005, 09:53 PM
no worries mate.consider it done;)