PDA

View Full Version : Turbo's and Bikes???????? Where To Look??????

Ninja6tyl
12-09-2005, 08:41 PM
if any one ahs any info on the subject i would realy apreciate the info!!
THanks

ozkat
12-09-2005, 08:54 PM
yeah ive got a bit of info. what bike? and what do you want to know?

ozkat
12-09-2005, 08:54 PM
yeah ive got a bit of info. what bike? and what do you want to know?

12-09-2005, 09:13 PM
i'm not up to speed on turbo's,but if you have any questions on sexually transmitted diseases just ask away.
here's a small picture of a girls head after sucking a festi cock.

[:0]

or maybe a picture of a girls head after sucking a small festi cock
forgot to mention,she's bald.

oh stop it Davo ya filthy little dirt bag:D

12-09-2005, 09:13 PM
i'm not up to speed on turbo's,but if you have any questions on sexually transmitted diseases just ask away.
here's a small picture of a girls head after sucking a festi cock.

[:0]

or maybe a picture of a girls head after sucking a small festi cock
forgot to mention,she's bald.

oh stop it Davo ya filthy little dirt bag:D

EXBEN
13-09-2005, 12:00 AM
Motorcycle turbocharging,supercharging and nitrous oxide by Joe Haile is a good place to start,does require some reading between the lines though so don't take it all as gospell.

EXBEN
13-09-2005, 12:00 AM
Motorcycle turbocharging,supercharging and nitrous oxide by Joe Haile is a good place to start,does require some reading between the lines though so don't take it all as gospell.

EXBEN
13-09-2005, 12:09 AM
http://www.streetfighters.com.au/forum/upload/Joe Haile.jpg

EXBEN
13-09-2005, 12:09 AM
http://www.streetfighters.com.au/forum/upload/Joe Haile.jpg

TurboKat
13-09-2005, 09:14 AM
Speaking of which, Oz - you never did tell me which turbo you were using, or is it a closely guarded secret?

TurboKat
13-09-2005, 09:14 AM
Speaking of which, Oz - you never did tell me which turbo you were using, or is it a closely guarded secret?

Ninja6tyl
14-09-2005, 07:40 PM
my quandry is: the bike is a 95 mod ZX6R, (Bike of the year, back then, hehe)it currently has 104 hp at the back wheel, slight mods done about 35thou ago. not 100% sure what, but nothing major. Dont get me wrong! i dont want 200hp plus. if i did i know how to get it and i cant afford it LOL, 30hp slightly more or less dosent bother me, (you dont see many turbo's out there especialy buldging from the front)Back to the point. What size turbo' before major engine mods, is it easier with carbs or should i look at fuel injection. will i need to run a computer for the Turbo' and the legal side of things in queensland.

Ninja6tyl
14-09-2005, 07:40 PM
my quandry is: the bike is a 95 mod ZX6R, (Bike of the year, back then, hehe)it currently has 104 hp at the back wheel, slight mods done about 35thou ago. not 100% sure what, but nothing major. Dont get me wrong! i dont want 200hp plus. if i did i know how to get it and i cant afford it LOL, 30hp slightly more or less dosent bother me, (you dont see many turbo's out there especialy buldging from the front)Back to the point. What size turbo' before major engine mods, is it easier with carbs or should i look at fuel injection. will i need to run a computer for the Turbo' and the legal side of things in queensland.

Ninja6tyl
14-09-2005, 07:50 PM
thanks Ozkat and EXBEN, more info the better. I will have to have a look for that book.

Also i am thinking of doing a terible thing as i know a true fighter does'nt have bugger all farings,
i am thinking of having all braided lines and a trick looking engine with many colours,
But then painting the fairing the same as what the bike looks like without it on,
ie:imagine see through but not.
tell us what u think? or will i be shunned for life? lol
oh yeah BRAKES!!!! Do you think i waill have to increase the braking abilities, or will the standards do for now? It only makes sence that the more power the more braking true!
thanks guys

Ninja6tyl
14-09-2005, 07:50 PM
thanks Ozkat and EXBEN, more info the better. I will have to have a look for that book.

Also i am thinking of doing a terible thing as i know a true fighter does'nt have bugger all farings,
i am thinking of having all braided lines and a trick looking engine with many colours,
But then painting the fairing the same as what the bike looks like without it on,
ie:imagine see through but not.
tell us what u think? or will i be shunned for life? lol
oh yeah BRAKES!!!! Do you think i waill have to increase the braking abilities, or will the standards do for now? It only makes sence that the more power the more braking true!
thanks guys

Ninja6tyl
14-09-2005, 07:51 PM
oh yeah davo!
have you visited www.rotton.com or www.steak&cheese.com lately they have some prety grose shit

Ninja6tyl
14-09-2005, 07:51 PM
oh yeah davo!
have you visited www.rotton.com or www.steak&cheese.com lately they have some prety grose shit

Ninja6tyl
14-09-2005, 07:57 PM
http://www.rotten.com/ http://www.ogrish.com/ http://www.steakandcheese.com
sorry here are the proper links:

Ninja6tyl
14-09-2005, 07:57 PM
http://www.rotten.com/ http://www.ogrish.com/ http://www.steakandcheese.com
sorry here are the proper links:

ozkat
14-09-2005, 08:01 PM
Mate, to be quiet honest is your looking for a 30% increase over 104RWP just buy a 1000cc+ late model sports bike. nearly any late 80s 1000cc+ sportsbike will give you what your looking for. and for between $7000 and $10000 extra ontop of the price of your ZX6 you will have about the same power as a good GSXR1100.

ozkat
14-09-2005, 08:01 PM
Mate, to be quiet honest is your looking for a 30% increase over 104RWP just buy a 1000cc+ late model sports bike. nearly any late 80s 1000cc+ sportsbike will give you what your looking for. and for between $7000 and $10000 extra ontop of the price of your ZX6 you will have about the same power as a good GSXR1100.

14-09-2005, 08:57 PM
Ninj, i aint been on rotten,i am rotten. as for turbo's being legal in QLD. not fuckin likely without a mod plate Tiger. but like the real Ninja says(Ozkat) just get a big block mate.horse power on tap;) if ya can handle a stallion[?]

14-09-2005, 08:57 PM
Ninj, i aint been on rotten,i am rotten. as for turbo's being legal in QLD. not fuckin likely without a mod plate Tiger. but like the real Ninja says(Ozkat) just get a big block mate.horse power on tap;) if ya can handle a stallion[?]

ozkat
14-09-2005, 09:14 PM
quote:Originally posted by turbokat

TD04 mate

ozkat
14-09-2005, 09:14 PM
quote:Originally posted by turbokat

TD04 mate

TurboKat
14-09-2005, 11:55 PM
Geez, that's a big sucker [:0] what a/r?
I just bought a T28 .42 in & .48 ex. Now comes the fun bit, making up the headers.
Any pics of your setup avail mate?

TurboKat
14-09-2005, 11:55 PM
Geez, that's a big sucker [:0] what a/r?
I just bought a T28 .42 in & .48 ex. Now comes the fun bit, making up the headers.
Any pics of your setup avail mate?

Tony Nitrous
15-09-2005, 04:44 PM
This Shane's Turbo-Busa, he's in the Busa Club and lives in Brissy near one of our building sites. Nice bloke. Bike has rego and see's some street use, It was in RAPID magazine a few months back.
I think he's using a Getto or Ghetto kit,
Very popular in the USA.

ET 8.886 @ MPH 157.84
at Willowbank a few weeks back !!!!!!!!!!!!

http://img368.imageshack.us/img368/9431/turbobus4rx.jpg[/URL]

Tony Nitrous
15-09-2005, 04:44 PM
This Shane's Turbo-Busa, he's in the Busa Club and lives in Brissy near one of our building sites. Nice bloke. Bike has rego and see's some street use, It was in RAPID magazine a few months back.
I think he's using a Getto or Ghetto kit,
Very popular in the USA.

ET 8.886 @ MPH 157.84
at Willowbank a few weeks back !!!!!!!!!!!!

http://img368.imageshack.us/img368/9431/turbobus4rx.jpg[/URL]

Tony Nitrous
15-09-2005, 04:48 PM
I know its a Busa site,
but their main "thing" seems to be,
TURBO'S

http://www.suzukihayabusa.org/phpbb/viewforum.php?f=20

Tony.

Tony Nitrous
15-09-2005, 04:48 PM
I know its a Busa site,
but their main "thing" seems to be,
TURBO'S

http://www.suzukihayabusa.org/phpbb/viewforum.php?f=20

Tony.

Ninja6tyl
15-09-2005, 06:43 PM
i know i can go out and buy the biger bike with more hp but i dont want to do that, the whole idea of a fighter i thought was to be a custom bike. plus the suprise factor when i do pull up to a big bike and possibly beet them would be worth the cost of a mod plate i think. yeah the quick hp fix is easy, just by a bigger bike, which i will eventually but for now i was thinking of customising mine.
like the Bussa!
also if you have any contact details for swing arm extension, i know a guy who is looking for someone who can build an extendo arm for a ZX12 with 370hp plus (thats with a shot of NOS of course).

Ninja6tyl
15-09-2005, 06:43 PM
i know i can go out and buy the biger bike with more hp but i dont want to do that, the whole idea of a fighter i thought was to be a custom bike. plus the suprise factor when i do pull up to a big bike and possibly beet them would be worth the cost of a mod plate i think. yeah the quick hp fix is easy, just by a bigger bike, which i will eventually but for now i was thinking of customising mine.
like the Bussa!
also if you have any contact details for swing arm extension, i know a guy who is looking for someone who can build an extendo arm for a ZX12 with 370hp plus (thats with a shot of NOS of course).

God
15-09-2005, 07:12 PM
Hey Ninja6,

I think I get where you're coming from but I'd still be heading down the bigger engine route if you want more go. There was alot of logic in hotting the smaller engines when going for a thou+ meant you had to get a physically larger/heavier bike. Thing is now the modern thou+ is most likely going to be physically smaller, lighter, handle better than your vintage 6er is/will & be most likely cheaper than the cost of your engine works.

At what point does bang for your buck become better value than being different for difference's sake? Another way to look at it, the cost of your turbo mods will just about pay for another complete bike/fighter project.

But that's just me (and besides I ride a hornet which suggests I don't always make the best decisions...).

God
15-09-2005, 07:12 PM
Hey Ninja6,

I think I get where you're coming from but I'd still be heading down the bigger engine route if you want more go. There was alot of logic in hotting the smaller engines when going for a thou+ meant you had to get a physically larger/heavier bike. Thing is now the modern thou+ is most likely going to be physically smaller, lighter, handle better than your vintage 6er is/will & be most likely cheaper than the cost of your engine works.

At what point does bang for your buck become better value than being different for difference's sake? Another way to look at it, the cost of your turbo mods will just about pay for another complete bike/fighter project.

But that's just me (and besides I ride a hornet which suggests I don't always make the best decisions...).

Tony Nitrous
15-09-2005, 07:29 PM
like the Bussa!
[/quote]

I would only use JMC.
(unless 2nd best is good enough? ;))
They have always done me proud.
http://www.swingarm.com/
Any wheel into any frame (within reason!!)
http://img371.imageshack.us/img371/7533/busaarm8vm.jpg[/URL]

Tony Nitrous
15-09-2005, 07:29 PM
like the Bussa!
[/quote]

I would only use JMC.
(unless 2nd best is good enough? ;))
They have always done me proud.
http://www.swingarm.com/
Any wheel into any frame (within reason!!)
http://img371.imageshack.us/img371/7533/busaarm8vm.jpg[/URL]

ozkat
15-09-2005, 08:03 PM
ninja where are you located cause it doesnt say in your profile? if your really keen and still want to turbo your bike ill help as much as i can. im no expert but ive picked up a fair bit of info over the last couple of years. first up buy Joe Hailes book and read it.... then read it again. i presume you bike is pre efi so unless your prepared to convert your bike to efi you will have to modify your carbs eg. making them completley airtight and being able to equalize intake pressure both above and below the diaframs. DO NOT change jetting yet tho. the most common mistake people make is not presurising above the diaframs and thinking they need bigger jets to run properly. next you need a turbo... sorry i cant help you on what brand, size, A/R on exhaust or compressor side or trim. you then need exhaust headers to suit the turbo, if you can weld thats easy enough BUT you also need to take into account that you have to get the turbo high enough to self drain oil back to the sump. as well as having someway of getting the oil to the turbo in the first place. seeing your bike is watercooled you may as well run the watercooling to the turbo as well. you will then need a plenum, pretty easy to fabricate if you can weld ( i prefer working with stainless steel because its easier to weld with the gear i have) when welding always remember to tack weld and trial fit, then part weld then trial fit again then weld a bit more and trial fit again etc etc. you will now need to fabricate a link pipe from the turbo to the plenum and link it up with suitable hoses. NOT RUBBER. you will also need a high pressure EFI fuel pump (not high volume, VL commodore turbo type will be fine) and a fuel pressure regulator (malpassi is proberly the best NOT HOLLEY it wont work) are you going to run an internal or external wastegate? it depends on what turbo your using. you will also need some sort of blow off valve to prevent over boosting or boost spikes which will destroy your engine if kept unchecked. you will also need a high flow fuel tap the standard one wont cope. also some sort of A/F meter and a boost gauge. are you going to run the standard comp ratio or run low PSI? the cheap way is to run a small spacer between the crankcases and the cylinder block, the right way is to use low compression forged pistons. the only thing that worries me about your bike is will the bottom end and gear box handle the extra HP? after you have done all this (and im sure there is things ive missed) be prepared for plenty of dyno time. you will need it. im not trying to scare you off the idea of turboing you ZX6 and i really hope that you do it and it works. but be prepared for lots of setbacks. i havent said anything about intercoolers or water/methanol injection but those are options once you get the standard turbo setup working. if you need any info let me know.

ozkat
15-09-2005, 08:03 PM
ninja where are you located cause it doesnt say in your profile? if your really keen and still want to turbo your bike ill help as much as i can. im no expert but ive picked up a fair bit of info over the last couple of years. first up buy Joe Hailes book and read it.... then read it again. i presume you bike is pre efi so unless your prepared to convert your bike to efi you will have to modify your carbs eg. making them completley airtight and being able to equalize intake pressure both above and below the diaframs. DO NOT change jetting yet tho. the most common mistake people make is not presurising above the diaframs and thinking they need bigger jets to run properly. next you need a turbo... sorry i cant help you on what brand, size, A/R on exhaust or compressor side or trim. you then need exhaust headers to suit the turbo, if you can weld thats easy enough BUT you also need to take into account that you have to get the turbo high enough to self drain oil back to the sump. as well as having someway of getting the oil to the turbo in the first place. seeing your bike is watercooled you may as well run the watercooling to the turbo as well. you will then need a plenum, pretty easy to fabricate if you can weld ( i prefer working with stainless steel because its easier to weld with the gear i have) when welding always remember to tack weld and trial fit, then part weld then trial fit again then weld a bit more and trial fit again etc etc. you will now need to fabricate a link pipe from the turbo to the plenum and link it up with suitable hoses. NOT RUBBER. you will also need a high pressure EFI fuel pump (not high volume, VL commodore turbo type will be fine) and a fuel pressure regulator (malpassi is proberly the best NOT HOLLEY it wont work) are you going to run an internal or external wastegate? it depends on what turbo your using. you will also need some sort of blow off valve to prevent over boosting or boost spikes which will destroy your engine if kept unchecked. you will also need a high flow fuel tap the standard one wont cope. also some sort of A/F meter and a boost gauge. are you going to run the standard comp ratio or run low PSI? the cheap way is to run a small spacer between the crankcases and the cylinder block, the right way is to use low compression forged pistons. the only thing that worries me about your bike is will the bottom end and gear box handle the extra HP? after you have done all this (and im sure there is things ive missed) be prepared for plenty of dyno time. you will need it. im not trying to scare you off the idea of turboing you ZX6 and i really hope that you do it and it works. but be prepared for lots of setbacks. i havent said anything about intercoolers or water/methanol injection but those are options once you get the standard turbo setup working. if you need any info let me know.

Tony Nitrous
16-09-2005, 04:12 PM
Somebody knows their stuff !!!
Well written.

I looked at doing a "home-made" setup on my old Kat,
after lots of reading, questions, talking to anybody and everybody with one, I decided, IF the day ever comes, it will be on a modern"ish" injected bike.
Perhaps i should learn more about "blow-through" systems?,
the old single carb Mr-Turbo kits but me off non EFI systems.

Tony.

Tony Nitrous
16-09-2005, 04:12 PM
Somebody knows their stuff !!!
Well written.

I looked at doing a "home-made" setup on my old Kat,
after lots of reading, questions, talking to anybody and everybody with one, I decided, IF the day ever comes, it will be on a modern"ish" injected bike.
Perhaps i should learn more about "blow-through" systems?,
the old single carb Mr-Turbo kits but me off non EFI systems.

Tony.

Ninja6tyl
21-09-2005, 09:08 AM
thanks, Tony Nitrous & ozkat. i live on the south side of brisbane,i am still in the investigation stages of doing the turbo'. i understand i can do alot of it my self (pending time and money) but i have found 2 places that can do it for me. I havent been given any ball-park figures, one shop said to me "get a quote and i'll beet it" (12 guage customs).i would like to make my bottom end stronger, and make sure my gearbox will be ok, but i'm not looking for 200+ hp just a mild 30 hp install for now. it mmight not be worth it and i understand that. but you have to have ideas.i will probably upgrade to a bigger bike within 2 years, and maybe i should wait till then,but if i find out as much as i can about them now then i am more prepared in the future true!.

this is a gnarly site, heeps of good people that are willing to share there time and thoughts on other people whatever there query's.
again thanks for the info on the swing arm, i think he was looking for someone a bit more local but he might be interested, see he has 3or so sponsers so the cost isnt an issue but i dont know what his sponsors are like in regards to buying oversees parts that can't be sorced here in Oz. but i will pass on the info.

Ninja6tyl
21-09-2005, 09:08 AM
thanks, Tony Nitrous & ozkat. i live on the south side of brisbane,i am still in the investigation stages of doing the turbo'. i understand i can do alot of it my self (pending time and money) but i have found 2 places that can do it for me. I havent been given any ball-park figures, one shop said to me "get a quote and i'll beet it" (12 guage customs).i would like to make my bottom end stronger, and make sure my gearbox will be ok, but i'm not looking for 200+ hp just a mild 30 hp install for now. it mmight not be worth it and i understand that. but you have to have ideas.i will probably upgrade to a bigger bike within 2 years, and maybe i should wait till then,but if i find out as much as i can about them now then i am more prepared in the future true!.

this is a gnarly site, heeps of good people that are willing to share there time and thoughts on other people whatever there query's.
again thanks for the info on the swing arm, i think he was looking for someone a bit more local but he might be interested, see he has 3or so sponsers so the cost isnt an issue but i dont know what his sponsors are like in regards to buying oversees parts that can't be sorced here in Oz. but i will pass on the info.

Ninja6tyl
21-09-2005, 09:12 AM
i am posting a couple of bike pics aswell. can you modify your profile after creating it??? i must need glasses i cant find the EDIT my profile section??
any help?

Ninja6tyl
21-09-2005, 09:12 AM
i am posting a couple of bike pics aswell. can you modify your profile after creating it??? i must need glasses i cant find the EDIT my profile section??
any help?

Benz
21-09-2005, 11:29 AM
Well written Ozkat, but like you said..you did miss something.....
Ninja6, you will also need to look at some method of oiling the turbo, your watercooled 600 will probably have a low pressure, ball race bottom end, so you'd be lucky to see 10 psi oil pressure, a turbo is going to need more than that to survive. You will have to fabricate a complete high pressure oil pump/scavenger/feed and return system. From what I've seen on other sites, this is actually the major hurdle to installing turbo's on later model bikes. Of course it can be done, but it is extra weight for one thing, and you don't have much room as it is under those fairings.
Also with highish compression you will only get 6-8psi boost before you will do your pistons. You could maybe use a smallish turbo seeing you only have 600cc to charge, so it would be quick spooling, but not too much topend for your highcomp pistons.
It's easy for me to sit back and say this, I have a 750 turbo parked in my garage, and living without boost is NOT POSSIBLE:D
Has anyone installed a centrifugal blower on a bike yet? That may be the way to go, they love revs, and do not need an oiling system, although I don't think? you can put fuel through them, making EFI high on the wish list.
Have a look here, this is not the best setup [lag city], or the best price, but it is a possibility......
www.shandyturbos.com/zx636r.html
Good luck[8D]

Benz
21-09-2005, 11:29 AM
Well written Ozkat, but like you said..you did miss something.....
Ninja6, you will also need to look at some method of oiling the turbo, your watercooled 600 will probably have a low pressure, ball race bottom end, so you'd be lucky to see 10 psi oil pressure, a turbo is going to need more than that to survive. You will have to fabricate a complete high pressure oil pump/scavenger/feed and return system. From what I've seen on other sites, this is actually the major hurdle to installing turbo's on later model bikes. Of course it can be done, but it is extra weight for one thing, and you don't have much room as it is under those fairings.
Also with highish compression you will only get 6-8psi boost before you will do your pistons. You could maybe use a smallish turbo seeing you only have 600cc to charge, so it would be quick spooling, but not too much topend for your highcomp pistons.
It's easy for me to sit back and say this, I have a 750 turbo parked in my garage, and living without boost is NOT POSSIBLE:D
Has anyone installed a centrifugal blower on a bike yet? That may be the way to go, they love revs, and do not need an oiling system, although I don't think? you can put fuel through them, making EFI high on the wish list.
Have a look here, this is not the best setup [lag city], or the best price, but it is a possibility......
www.shandyturbos.com/zx636r.html
Good luck[8D]

Gix11
21-09-2005, 12:57 PM
Ninj, just click PROFILE at the top where the other links are to alter your details mate.

Gix11
21-09-2005, 12:57 PM
Ninj, just click PROFILE at the top where the other links are to alter your details mate.

suxukifreak
23-09-2005, 07:37 PM
http://www.streetfighters.com.au/forum/upload/kawasaki-z650-78-bikepics-433911.jpg if you take the plastic off, bore it to 650 and add turbo this could be the end result!!! :D

suxukifreak
23-09-2005, 07:37 PM
http://www.streetfighters.com.au/forum/upload/kawasaki-z650-78-bikepics-433911.jpg if you take the plastic off, bore it to 650 and add turbo this could be the end result!!! :D

23-09-2005, 09:42 PM
Buy a oil jacket,obtain a J&E cataloge,select required state of MADNESS,pay technition,HOLD ON!

23-09-2005, 09:42 PM
Buy a oil jacket,obtain a J&E cataloge,select required state of MADNESS,pay technition,HOLD ON!

Ninja6tyl
24-09-2005, 02:08 PM
http://www.shandyturbos.com/prototypebikes.html
that looks very interesting but i dont think it would be very legal over here yet. it seams the simplest way, without mounting it between the radiator front wheel and the sump, grrrrrrr not enough space anyway.now if you could hide the turbo under the passenger seat like everyone seams to be doing with there cans anyway. what a good idea.ok ok so its not a giant turbo and its not a 1000' but like my original point was i wanted info so i could make my mind up as to wether it would be within my grasp for a custom bike!.... although running only 6psi and the length of pipe to get back to the main arena there would be a bit of lag i guess but it looks like it can be possible on a cheeper budget. thanks guys.

if oyu can find me one of those brilliant looking Z650's sux, i'll have the match ready and waiting,,,,,,,,

Ninja6tyl
24-09-2005, 02:08 PM
http://www.shandyturbos.com/prototypebikes.html
that looks very interesting but i dont think it would be very legal over here yet. it seams the simplest way, without mounting it between the radiator front wheel and the sump, grrrrrrr not enough space anyway.now if you could hide the turbo under the passenger seat like everyone seams to be doing with there cans anyway. what a good idea.ok ok so its not a giant turbo and its not a 1000' but like my original point was i wanted info so i could make my mind up as to wether it would be within my grasp for a custom bike!.... although running only 6psi and the length of pipe to get back to the main arena there would be a bit of lag i guess but it looks like it can be possible on a cheeper budget. thanks guys.

if oyu can find me one of those brilliant looking Z650's sux, i'll have the match ready and waiting,,,,,,,,

EXBEN
24-09-2005, 08:53 PM
Ninj Don't bother,as that design is CRAP CRAP CRAP CRAP[xx(][xx(],turbo's rely on HOT EXPANDING GAS to spool them up,not just exhaust flow.By the time it's reached the back of the bike all that heat & expansion has already taken place.You'd be better off puttin one of those crap electric turbos on your bike or better still go down to your local Bunnings & buy the biggest funnel you can find then strap it to your air intake,you'll probably get more perfomance from that.

EXBEN
24-09-2005, 08:53 PM
Ninj Don't bother,as that design is CRAP CRAP CRAP CRAP[xx(][xx(],turbo's rely on HOT EXPANDING GAS to spool them up,not just exhaust flow.By the time it's reached the back of the bike all that heat & expansion has already taken place.You'd be better off puttin one of those crap electric turbos on your bike or better still go down to your local Bunnings & buy the biggest funnel you can find then strap it to your air intake,you'll probably get more perfomance from that.

Ninja6tyl
30-09-2005, 09:30 PM
i am in the process of purchasing a zx9 that needs some cosmetic repair. a 97 mod for $4000. i,m the best thing is most of the fairings are fu*#%ed so thats one thing i dont have to worry about. i have thrown the turbo idea out the window after talking to the transport department, $3000 for a compliance plate and every bit of work has to be carried out by a mechanic. and the 6 isnt worth it. Thanks heaps anyways

Ninja6tyl
30-09-2005, 09:30 PM
i am in the process of purchasing a zx9 that needs some cosmetic repair. a 97 mod for $4000. i,m the best thing is most of the fairings are fu*#%ed so thats one thing i dont have to worry about. i have thrown the turbo idea out the window after talking to the transport department, $3000 for a compliance plate and every bit of work has to be carried out by a mechanic. and the 6 isnt worth it. Thanks heaps anyways

ozkat
30-09-2005, 09:45 PM
mate i think someone is pullin your chain regarding the turbo mods.

ozkat
30-09-2005, 09:45 PM
mate i think someone is pullin your chain regarding the turbo mods.

Zed14
30-09-2005, 10:54 PM
dont listen to anyone from the transport department mate, i bet they couldnt even tell you their own name unless you jogged their memory.

Zed14
30-09-2005, 10:54 PM
dont listen to anyone from the transport department mate, i bet they couldnt even tell you their own name unless you jogged their memory.

Gix11
30-09-2005, 11:20 PM
Either way your going the right way mate. More horses naturally. Go the 9 and Streetfighter it. Job done.

Gix11
30-09-2005, 11:20 PM
Either way your going the right way mate. More horses naturally. Go the 9 and Streetfighter it. Job done.

chadams
01-10-2005, 03:52 AM
Just some basis turbo info for bikes.

http://www.cycleconnections.com/articledetail.asp?TypeID=23&ID=458

chadams
01-10-2005, 03:52 AM
Just some basis turbo info for bikes.

http://www.cycleconnections.com/articledetail.asp?TypeID=23&ID=458