PDA

View Full Version : Metal Polishing

Foxy
10-08-2005, 03:19 PM
Howdy all,
I'm sure a lot of you have you own techniques of polishing but I thought I'd just throw up this link

http://www.suzukihayabusa.org/phpbb/viewtopic.php?t=11802&highlight=polishing

I hope you don't mind that its from another forum, but I thought the bloke did a good job and the info may be useful for everyone.....

Plus I'm a lazy bastard and can't be stuffed taking photo's of my own work [8D]

Cheers

Foxy

Gix11
10-08-2005, 03:53 PM
That's a good bit of work he's done there. I did my frame by hand (literally) with sand paper and autosol and had the blisters and black snot to prove it........

Gix11
10-08-2005, 03:53 PM
That's a good bit of work he's done there. I did my frame by hand (literally) with sand paper and autosol and had the blisters and black snot to prove it........

clairebear
10-08-2005, 04:41 PM
Gix! thats how i did my yzf, how tedious is it!? I bought a Kilo tin of autosol just for the job. a lovely way to spend a canberra winter.

clairebear
10-08-2005, 04:41 PM
Gix! thats how i did my yzf, how tedious is it!? I bought a Kilo tin of autosol just for the job. a lovely way to spend a canberra winter.

AussieCrasher
05-09-2005, 04:45 PM
Claire Bear.

Are you still coming to the GP as all of the other dudes have bailed. I now have 2 spare places in the dorme, If your still up for it let me know. Davo & The Mad one are going to lay in bed with a bottle of Jim and watch it on the Telly.

Hoo Roo

Crasher

AussieCrasher
05-09-2005, 04:45 PM
Claire Bear.

Are you still coming to the GP as all of the other dudes have bailed. I now have 2 spare places in the dorme, If your still up for it let me know. Davo & The Mad one are going to lay in bed with a bottle of Jim and watch it on the Telly.

Hoo Roo

Crasher

05-09-2005, 04:56 PM
Aaah I hope that's seperate beds?

The picture of Davo and Mad doing the 'jimbo' could get pretty gross.

Rossi might not be the only one crossing the line.

05-09-2005, 04:56 PM
Aaah I hope that's seperate beds?

The picture of Davo and Mad doing the 'jimbo' could get pretty gross.

Rossi might not be the only one crossing the line.

clairebear
08-09-2005, 08:29 AM
sooks!
Crasher, tell me all about it, as me and 1 other are teaming up for the ride down.
would like to get there Thurs, but if you guys are stopping at some pub on thurs, we could probly do that.
where, when, how much? blah blah blah!
ya can email me from my profile if you like, or post here, i will keep an eye out.[^]

clairebear
08-09-2005, 08:29 AM
sooks!
Crasher, tell me all about it, as me and 1 other are teaming up for the ride down.
would like to get there Thurs, but if you guys are stopping at some pub on thurs, we could probly do that.
where, when, how much? blah blah blah!
ya can email me from my profile if you like, or post here, i will keep an eye out.[^]

clairebear
08-09-2005, 11:53 AM
ya can email me Crasher, at
claire.mcarthur@studentmail.newcastle.edu.au

clairebear
08-09-2005, 11:53 AM
ya can email me Crasher, at
claire.mcarthur@studentmail.newcastle.edu.au

Deano
08-09-2005, 05:36 PM
some people have to much time on there hands.

Deano
08-09-2005, 05:36 PM
some people have to much time on there hands.

08-09-2005, 08:53 PM
Claire,you definately did it,everyones talkin about it.Whats wuth the student mail? are you still doing bible studies at Uni.or maybe studying to upgrade to a Suzuki rider.[:o)] gota go now,there's a breast inlargement program on tv.love that silicone gear.

08-09-2005, 08:53 PM
Claire,you definately did it,everyones talkin about it.Whats wuth the student mail? are you still doing bible studies at Uni.or maybe studying to upgrade to a Suzuki rider.[:o)] gota go now,there's a breast inlargement program on tv.love that silicone gear.

TurboKat
09-09-2005, 12:58 AM
Did you tape it Davo [?] I want a copy, I'm even typing this one handed just thinking about it. [:p] MMMMMMMMM........ silicone, it's not JUST for gaskets :D
BTW, if you haven't already, check out Ozkat's profile pic on olskoolsuzuki. MMMMMMMMM......... breasts, tits, boobies, knockers, jugs, norks, funbags [:p] :D

TurboKat
09-09-2005, 12:58 AM
Did you tape it Davo [?] I want a copy, I'm even typing this one handed just thinking about it. [:p] MMMMMMMMM........ silicone, it's not JUST for gaskets :D
BTW, if you haven't already, check out Ozkat's profile pic on olskoolsuzuki. MMMMMMMMM......... breasts, tits, boobies, knockers, jugs, norks, funbags [:p] :D

clairebear
09-09-2005, 08:53 AM
I'm learning all the rules and regulations of anarchy Davo!
i'm on a suzuki today as it happens(TLR), and have owned three, not the least of which was an 85 gsxr 750. That was my third bike and it didnt take me long to smack it into a telegraph pole, inexperienced git that I was. it was the crustyest looking streetfighter you ever saw, with no fairing ('course)and a grey primer tank, 1100 headers with the 750 can welded on, a welded up frame where it cracked, it was great, i loved it! i dont reckon i've got any pix tho, how sad.[:p]

clairebear
09-09-2005, 08:53 AM
I'm learning all the rules and regulations of anarchy Davo!
i'm on a suzuki today as it happens(TLR), and have owned three, not the least of which was an 85 gsxr 750. That was my third bike and it didnt take me long to smack it into a telegraph pole, inexperienced git that I was. it was the crustyest looking streetfighter you ever saw, with no fairing ('course)and a grey primer tank, 1100 headers with the 750 can welded on, a welded up frame where it cracked, it was great, i loved it! i dont reckon i've got any pix tho, how sad.[:p]

clairebear
09-09-2005, 08:58 AM
i still like my kwaka tho[^]
its a masters degree in Anarchy btw

clairebear
09-09-2005, 08:58 AM
i still like my kwaka tho[^]
its a masters degree in Anarchy btw