PDA

View Full Version : speeding plates

pommie02
14-04-2007, 05:42 AM
if you want to hide your plate, have a look at australian motorcycle components. they have a number plate surround that turns black. ive got one on order...its not cheap

Seifer
14-04-2007, 07:58 AM
Link?

alfiestorm
14-04-2007, 08:05 AM
blond moment :D

Booster
14-04-2007, 08:16 AM
If thats the one that blacks out for a camera flash , there quickly recognisable, mate of mine had one , nicked for it within several weeks.loose expensive frame and obscured plate fine.

TurboKat
14-04-2007, 09:14 AM
I've got a couple of the plate covers that holograph the plate from an angle but are clear from straight on, I've been pretty lucky with the Filth, got pulled over twice by bike Coppers & given an option of handing the cover over to them there & then or get slapped with a $2200 [:0] fine for having an "Anti Speed Measuring Device" (aparently the same fine as for a radar detector) I know of a couple of Lads who copped the same fine for the old rego label mounted on a right angle trick from a particularly cunty bike cop who haunts the Spurs area.
Because these deflectors are illegal for use in most (all?) states, you have to fill out an "offer to purchase" form which Neltronics fax or mail you, they cost about $90 each from memory for a bike size cover or $120 for a car one, being an enterprising tightarse, I bought a car one & cut it into quarters to make 4 bike ones ;)
http://www.neltronics.com.au/license.htm

fimpBIKES
14-04-2007, 10:01 AM
i think the one AMC sells is more like an LCD screen
blacks out with a bit of electricity across it???

im no scientition though.....